**** Joe Pa | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Joe Pa

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
Seriously.

Sandusky was employed by PSU as an Assistant Football Coach and Assistant Professor of Physical Education from 1969 until his retirement in 1999.1 PMA claims Sandusky committed several acts of molestation early in his career at PSU: in 1976, a child allegedly reported to PSU’s Head Football Coach Joseph Paterno, that he (the child) was sexually molested by Sandusky; in 1987, a PSU Assistant Coach is alleged to have witnessed inappropriate contact between Sandusky and a child at a PSU facility; in 1988, another PSU Assistant Coach reportedly witnessed sexual contact between Sandusky and a child; and also in 1988, a child’s report of his molestation by Sandusky was allegedly referred to PSU’s Athletic Director.

Melt any statues of this asshole down. Melt them down and make the Joe Pa apologists watch.

As I said many times when the scandal was new, Penn State's football program should have been given the death penalty. Even the most broken moral code in the world recognizes that what SMU received the death penalty for -- impermissible benefits -- is a far lesser crime than the systematic cover up of child rape.

The pseudo-religious shroud that Paterno and Penn State surrounded themselves with cannot help but remind any thinking person of the larger Catholic Church abuse scandal. In both cases the presumption of moral authority led to a desire to protect that image, even if it led to child rape. But where Cardinal Law -- the American architect of the cover up -- had to flee the country and the asylum given to him by the Vatican is one of the moral outrages of the last two decades, all that happened to Paterno was that he was fired. And then he died, only to be resurrected by the groveling, fanatical sheep of Happy Valley.

I'm comforted by this: child rape will be in the first line of any sentence of any story written about Joe Paterno as long as his name is remembered. There is nothing Penn State fans can do about that. He and their stupid school have been linked forever to the worst crime in our culture.

By the way, Joe Paterno's thick skulled son responded to this newest revelation.

[tweet]728526660954361856[/tweet]

Oh, so what you're saying is that Joe Paterno would protect a more prominent coach suspected of abusing kids if Paterno's own kids were older? How about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said many times when the scandal was new, Penn State's football program should have been given the death penalty. Even the most broken moral code in the world recognizes that what SMU received the death penalty for -- impermissible benefits -- is a far lesser crime than the systematic cover up of child rape.

The pseudo-religious shroud that Paterno and Penn State surrounded themselves with cannot help but remind any thinking person of the larger Catholic Church abuse scandal. In both cases the combination of a presumption of moral authority led to a desire to protect that image, even if it led to child rape. But where Cardinal Law -- the American architect of the cover up -- had to flee the country and the asylum given to him by the Vatican is one of the moral outrages of the last two decades, all that happened to Paterno was that he was fired. And then he died, only to be resurrected by the groveling, fanatical sheep of Happy Valley.

I'm comforted by this: child rape will be in the first line of any sentence of any story written about Joe Paterno as long as his name is remembered. There is nothing Penn State fans can do about that. He and their stupid school have been linked forever to the worst crime in our culture.

By the way, Joe Paterno's thick skulled son responded to this newest revelation.

[tweet]728526660954361856[/tweet]

Oh, so what you're saying is that Joe Paterno would protect a more prominent coach suspected of abusing kids if Paterno's own kids were older? How about that.

tumblr_ncvkcjCDG31sodwato1_400.gif

I can only hope that Paterno was in a lot of pain when he died. He deserved every bit of that disease.

As many as six assistant coaches at Penn State witnessed "inappropriate behavior" between Jerry Sandusky and boys, stretching as far back as the 1970s, NBC News has learned.

It is unclear if any of the men reported what they saw to higher-ups at Penn State before the sex-abuse scandal erupted in 2011.

The information, which comes from court documents and multiple sources with direct knowledge of legal proceedings, raises new questions about how long the abuse went on, why no one stopped it and whether there could be even more victims than previously known.

Sandusky — who worked in the football program at Penn State under legendary head coach Joe Paterno for three decades — is serving 30 to 60 years in prison after being convicted of molesting 10 boys he met through a charity starting in 1994.

But sources told NBC News that one former Penn State assistant coach witnessed an incident in the late 1970s. Three other coaches — who have gone on to work in the NFL and at Division I colleges — allegedly saw inappropriate conduct between Sandusky and boys in the early and mid-1990s.

"You won't believe what I just saw," one of those three coaches blurted out after bursting into a room filled with Penn State football staff, according to sources who spoke to a person who was in that room.

A lawyer for one of the three '90s coaches denied his client had seen anything. A second coach declined to comment. A third could not be reached, and the name of the fourth was not disclosed to NBC News.

Bolstering the sources' account, Sandusky's adopted son, Matt, who says he also was molested, told NBC News that investigators informed him a football program employee witnessed what he believed to be a sex act between Matt and Sandusky in a locker room in the early 1990s.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...id-6-penn-state-coaches-witness-abuse-n569526

One day Joe Paterno's children will be forced to go in front of a microphone and declare to the world that their father knew this was going on -- on some level, to some degree -- and didn't do all that much to stop it. That will be a good day. Hopefully Jerry Sandusky is dead by then -- and if there is any justice at all he will have suffered -- but all the same Paterno's children will admit that what Sandusky did was only possible because the culture that had grown up around Rape State had grown so fetid that it made it possible to cover up literally any crime.

"Jerry Sandusky", they'll say, "could have easily been a serial killer as a serial rapist. It would have been the same. The same forces would have covered it up, and for the same reasons."

That's my dream, anyway. Either way Paterno's children know what every apologist knows: a) history has made its judgement, b) their task is therefore futile, and c) the life they'll spend opposing that judgement will be wasted.

In effect Joe Paterno not only destroyed the lives of god knows how many children through inaction but he also destroyed the lives of his own children. Their lives have become about vindicating his. And it's a losing struggle.

It bears noting that there's no reason to expect this to be the final act of the story. I'm sure Penn State fans have convinced themselves that each revelation would be the last... that they'd just have to swallow this last piece of **** to be able to go on and root for the Nittany Lions.

Sorry, that's not the way these things work. The sphere of culpability in these cases only ever expands wider and wider until your head spins at the thought of even trying to rationalize it. The Catholic Church child rape scandal eventually found its way to every country with a significant Catholic presence on Earth. At this point the number of dioceses that have escaped suspicion is vastly outnumbered by those that have.

That is how this will end. That is Penn State's legacy. If you can swallow this, Penn State fan, get ready. Brush those teeth. Another turd is headed your way. How many are you willing to choke down?

More coming to light. While this victim was unable to prosecute Sandusky because of the statue of limitations, his story was apparently collaborated enough that he was included in the settlement with the school. The article depicts the attack in gruesome stomach churning detail, but the relevant part for this thread:

Victim A was already a troubled kid. During a church sleepover the year before, he said he was molested by a local priest. When he tried to report it, he was thrown out of the church. He was living with foster parents when Sandusky attacked him.

A day after the assault, Victim A's foster mom noticed the cut on his head. She pestered him about what happened. And when he told her, she and her husband -- who owned a local bowling alley and knew many high-ranking school officials -- called Penn State against his wishes. "I was blindsided," he said, adding that his foster father told him, "I assure you the police won't be called, but you gotta tell these people what happened."

He found himself on the phone with two men from Penn State.

"I tell them what happened -- well, I couldn't get it out of me that I was -- I can't even tell it to this day. It's just degrading -- that I was raped," he said.

"I told the story up to a certain point. I told them that he grabbed me and that I got the hell out of there."

He insisted that he "made it very clear" it was a sexual attack.

"I made it clear there were things done to me that I just can't believe could have been done to me and I couldn't escape. I said, 'I'm very upset and scared and I couldn't believe I let my guard down.' They listened to me. And then all hell broke loose.

"They were asking me my motive, why I would say this about someone who has done so many good things."

They accused him of making it up. "'Stop this right now! We'll call the authorities,'" he said they told him.

Victim A says he couldn't think. "I just wanted to get off the phone."

The men on the phone had introduced themselves as Jim and Joe, he said. He had no idea who Jim was, and can't, to this day, say for sure.

"There was no question in my mind who Joe was," he said. "I've heard that voice a million times. It was Joe Paterno."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/us/jerry-sandusky-victims-paterno-penn-state/

True to form, Paterno's son apparently decided to not only question the victim's motive, but try to discredit the victims friends supported him:

[tweet]728716310818004992[/tweet]

How come the next words out of that coach's mouth weren’t, “you wouldn’t believe what I just saw, I ****ed Jerry up and I’m going to the cops.” Did this dude witness rape then go and watch film?? What the ****?

First, the allegations related to Penn State are simply not established fact. The two allegations related to knowledge by Coach Paterno are unsubstantiated and unsupported by any evidence other than a claim by an alleged victim. They date from the 1970s. Coach Paterno is not alive to refute them. His family has denied them...

Unfortunately, we can’t control the 24/7 news cycle, and the tendency of some individuals in social media and the blogosphere to rush to judgment. But I have had enough of the continued trial of the institution in various media. We have all had enough. And while Penn State cannot always comment on allegations that emanate from legal proceedings, I thought it was important to let you know my reaction to the media frenzy that has ensued over the past few days. I am appalled.

Sincerely,

Eric Barron
President

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...c-barron-joe-paterno-jerry-sandusky/84112160/

So...everyone should just be quiet about the child rape allegations out of deference to Joe Paterno. I see they've learned their lesson.

Also a former Nittany Lions coach was found guilty by the law on top of the court of public opinion. 2 more will be convicted whenever the courts have had enough of their pretrial maneuvering. So you lose the benefit of the ****ing doubt.

Its amazing. It really is. Every time, every single ****ing time, this school speaks up about this **** their complete and utter lack of moral compass shines through. Every time. Never fail.
We. Dont. Give. A. ****. About. How. Hard. This. Is. For. Penn. State. The actual victims are whats important. They haven't been able to get justice, in no small part because of the schools backroom deals and outright squelching, so now the public holds it against the school.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...c-barron-joe-paterno-jerry-sandusky/84112160/

So...everyone should just be quiet about the child rape allegations out of deference to Joe Paterno. I see they've learned their lesson.

Also a former Nittany Lions coach was found guilty by the law on top of the court of public opinion. 2 more will be convicted whenever the courts have had enough of their pretrial maneuvering. So you lose the benefit of the ****ing doubt.

Its amazing. It really is. Every time, every single ****ing time, this school speaks up about this **** their complete and utter lack of moral compass shines through. Every time. Never fail.
We. Dont. Give. A. ****. About. How. Hard. This. Is. For. Penn. State. The actual victims are whats important. They haven't been able to get justice, in no small part because of the schools backroom deals and outright squelching, so now the public holds it against the school.

He is appalled... by the media.

I'll say this for Barton, he's doing a great job representing the ****ty fans of that school. I was going through one of their message boards the other day and if I had a nickle for every time I read that it was "convenient" that the story came out now I could buy every piece of property in Happy Valley and burn it to the ground. Maybe 5% of the people on there had something approaching a realistic view of the situation. The rest are the kind of sycophantic mouth breathers you'd expect to see at a meeting of the Branch Davidians.

1976. That means it might have gone on for 35 years. 35 years of that ****. And no one noticed. Or if anyone noticed they didn't say anything to law enforcement (or law enforcement did nothing) to Paterno or anyone else in authority.

Penn State people who offer that theory don't know that it's scarcely better. What does it say about the kind of culture in which that could happen?

You covered up and protected a known child molester for 35 years and are pissed off that the situation won't just go away. WTF sir, are you a moron? You should be thankful they didn't deal the university the death penalty and burn that den of iniquity to the ground. Politely go **** yourself.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom