Joe Philbin knows Packers staff is “off limits” | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin knows Packers staff is “off limits”

That's a shame but we will see..............

"According to two members of the Packers organization, its common knowledge that Packers coaches and executives who move on to bigger and better opportunities are instructed to leave the Packers staff alone."

How exactly is this common knowledge? Philbin is the first assistant under McCarthy to get an NFL head coaching job.

"According to two members of the Packers organization, its common knowledge that Packers coaches and executives who move on to bigger and better opportunities are instructed to leave the Packers staff alone."

How exactly is this common knowledge? Philbin is the first assistant under McCarthy to get an NFL head coaching job.

I guess that they are told IF they move on to leave the rest of the staff alone.

It does go on to say that if an assistant is making a jump up in the ranks, the Packers will let him go. For example, if Philbin wants Ben McAadoo, the tight ends coach, as his offensive coordinator, they will let him leave.

Yeah pretty much inconsequential.. No way any of the packers staff would take a sideways move anyway so doesn't really have any bearing on our staff.. If i've read it right we can still give guys promotions so clements/mcadoo for oc is still a possibility.

From the Pack's standpoint, "don't poach our people on lateral moves and you'll remain a valued family member for life" is not unreasonable at all. As Nubs pointed out, on promotions, it's understandably, for all concerned, another situation completely.

It does go on to say that if an assistant is making a jump up in the ranks, the Packers will let him go. For example, if Philbin wants Ben McAadoo, the tight ends coach, as his offensive coordinator, they will let him leave.

Exactly. It would be professional suicide to be so egotistical to deny a coach an opportunity to progress in his career.

from what I've read, the Packers would not stop coaches from progressing their career, but they don't like seeing 4 or 5 coaches leave.

Its hard to be mad about this. I dont blame McCarthy for not wanting his staff that he built and taught get gutted. If a couple of coaches get promoted then I think its a fair deal for both.

I thought you all wanted Philbin because he was bringing along Packers coaches, now it doesn't matter?

Back
Top Bottom