Joe Philbin says TE Michael Egnew will have to improve his "play speed" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin says TE Michael Egnew will have to improve his "play speed"

Egnew's problem isn't his physical ability - his problem is between his ears. Maybe this offseason he should be going to a shrink instead of MMA. I just feel like all these problems Philbin says about this kid arise from having no confidence. Time to man up Egnew.

I literally Lol'd when I read he is taking MMA! Quote Mike Tyson "everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face!" I don't care how big he is the kid has fear written allover it.

Egnew's problem isn't his physical ability - his problem is between his ears. Maybe this offseason he should be going to a shrink instead of MMA. I just feel like all these problems Philbin says about this kid arise from having no confidence. Time to man up Egnew.

I agree. He is tall, fast (from what I have read), can go high and snatch a ball out the air...he's just kinda soft/non-chalant...not sure what the remedy is to shake a guy up and get him mentally up to speed quickly?

Call Jerry Rice and have him train him over the summer. Get him on that famous hill?

I think if he changes to number 19 it will greatly improve his game.

Seriously though, if we don't bring in any other TE's I think it speaks a lot about what the team thinks about Clay and Egnew. I wouldn't give up yet. Hopefully they do find a way to use him at least in redzone situations where he hypothetically COULD be effective.

Wow I get it was embarrassing to hear a coach chew a player out on live tv. But yall are being too quick to judge him as a player. Can a rookie be a rookie and get through his rookie year to his second. Yall rate a third round pick as a star or bust out of the gate??

Wow I get it was embarrassing to hear a coach chew a player out on live tv. But yall are being too quick to judge him as a player. Can a rookie be a rookie and get through his rookie year to his second. Yall rate a third round pick as a star or bust out of the gate??

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say, after a whole season goes by and he still doesn't learn the playbook, were in the right to lose hope.

These guys like Charles clay, I watched tannehill have to stop everything he was doing last season to tell clay where to line up and what to do. Philbin wants this to be the fastest ran offense in the NFL.

If clay is that lost. And egnew can't even get on the field, what's that tell you?

I think he's a dead man. Philbin doesn't seem to have faith in him, and with us signing Keller and probably drafting a TE, I'm not sure where he fits in. I get the feeling Philbin wants to move on from him.

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say, after a whole season goes by and he still doesn't learn the playbook, were in the right to lose hope.

These guys like Charles clay, I watched tannehill have to stop everything he was doing last season to tell clay where to line up and what to do. Philbin wants this to be the fastest ran offense in the NFL.

If clay is that lost. And egnew can't even get on the field, what's that tell you?

how do you know how much of the playbook he knows?

Has there ever been a tight end who was drafted in an early round, didn't have a single catch his rookie year (despite being healthy), and then went on to have a solid NFL career?

What a shock. A rookie having to improve his play speed.

When every rookie around you is improving their play speed while yours is standing still... Well I think that's all I have to say

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

The guy needs to improve his life or consider jumping off a bridge... In all honesty

Wow you guys really seem to hate this guy. TE is probably one of the most involved position in the NFL, it's also one of the hardest to learn. I understand you wanted a day one starter with the 3rd round pick we spent on him, but it doesn't mean he can't be a starter this year or next with hard work. I hear he's doing MMA training in order to toughen himself up. I hope it works out for him....mainly cause I don't want a 3rd round pick to be wasted but meh.

Lmao at Egnew doing MMA training! I would love to watch a couple sessions.

Hope it expands his scrotum.

Back
Top Bottom