Joe Philbin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin

I'm not sold on Philbin. Much like Pete Carmichael Jr., he is only getting mentioned because of the perception that he would bring Green Bay's high powered offense with him. Let's forget about the fact that Green Bay and New Orleans are high powered because of Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees respectively, not because of Joe Philbin and Pete Carmichael Jr.

With Joe Philbin, I see a soft spoken guy with questionable ability to command a room full of men and also questionable ability to motivate. Right now, he is making his name off of Aaron Rodgers, and he really had no part in Aaron's development, and he has had limited input in the offensive system outside of maintaining the blocking schemes that Jeff Jagodzinski installed when he initiated the base offense.

I like Philbin. It would be nice to get an offensive minded coach in here for once. Obviously the defensive minded approach has failed miserably!lol

For me it's hard to feel bad for his son who was convicted for sexual assault(which was really rape if you look at the court documents). After the Sandusky case, I have no sympathy for people like these.

i see absolutely NO WAY he does all this under these circumstances.

he will need to be with his family, his wife. that first year is going to be horrible for the family and rooting them up and hanging a big load of stress on philbin with being a first time h/c, new team, new town, moving, etc on top of this tragedy...... i just dont see it.

and really, how much can he really be into a game after this. that first year with a team as h/c is CRUCIAL, and i dont see him having the heart and soul in it he needs. and understandably.

they will probably make a play for him if this rumour is true, but honestly, i hope he turns it down. his family needs him this year and we need someone who can come in here guns blazing and enthusiastic.

Dungy could coach shortly after his son died because he had the belief that his son was not only with him, but he wanted him to coach. If Philbin has a similar view, then he will not only coach tomorrow, but he will coach for as long as the Packers are in the playoffs and then possibly with another team as their head coach this Fall. I've never lost a child, but I have lost a spouse, and you learn really quickly that life doesn't stop for you. If Philbin's family, including his late son, wanted him to be the head coach here, I can actually see him continuing to want it too.

For me it's hard to feel bad for his son who was convicted for sexual assault(which was really rape if you look at the court documents). After the Sandusky case, I have no sympathy for people like these.

Sexual assault should never warrant death. Only murders should.

I like Philbin. It would be nice to get an offensive minded coach in here for once. Obviously the defensive minded approach has failed miserably!lol

Yeah. Like that defensive minded Cam Cameron. Oh, wait. He was offensive minded and was hired because we just absolutely had to have an offensive minded head coach.

OK. Like that defensive minded Tony Sparano. Oh, wait. He was offensive minded as well.

Oh, you must mean hire a coach like the offensive minded Don Shula. Oh, wait. Don Shula was a defensive minded coach.

Same could be said for burglaries and armed robbery.
The same COULD be said but it would be incorrect. Let's all just hope none of your loved ones ever have to go through that. I happen to know 3 people before and after they were raped and i am telling you they are NOT the same people I knew before. I have had my apartment burglarized and trust me, I HAVE gotten over it. Based on your statements, I am not sure you are qualified to speak on this particular subject. No offense.

The same COULD be said but it would be incorrect. Let's all just hope none of your loved ones ever have to go through that. I happen to know 3 people before and after they were raped and i am telling you they are NOT the same people I knew before. I have had my apartment burglarized and trust me, I HAVE gotten over it. Based on your statements, I am not sure you are qualified to speak on this particular subject. No offense.

Ok. You are the only person in this world that knows victims of sexual assault. That must mean you are qualified. :rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom