Joe Philbin's Game Management | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin's Game Management

What's holding Philbin back is we need a go to play maker it shows when the game is on the line.

Hayden u are to closed minded, if clay gets first it's called wining the game. Clay is just a dummy for his decision(not coaches fault). Guess turnovers and Carpenter is all Joes fault that they can't execute. Listen the coaches have made a difference in a good way. Is Joe doing it perfect nope. But I play to win. U must trust your players can make the play and be smart about it too. Clay is showing his brain not all there. Carpenter will be replaced either now or by next year most def 10-25 no excuse sorry.

Coaches are part of the game plan but players have to make the play. This coaching staff so far is 1000000000 percent better then what we have had. Guy even cuts a bum like Nabum , come on. U dig to deep

We wonnnnnn!!!! Lol team is scrappy and is showing PROMISE

I am actually open-minded. I am also demanding progress in all elements of the team and that includes the HC.

Run the ball and punt it. They would have had 40 seconds fewer than they did. It was about field position and the defense at that point...not closing it out.

Also, the staff has some responsibility in terms of Clay's mental block. A) they should drill in him he needs to stay in bounds B) why is Clay getting the call?

Sorry, Joe Philbin has struggled on game day folks.

Of course, those flaming will not read all the posts, but I have praised Philbin to no end on his preparation Monday through Saturday. As rookie HC he is struggling on Sunday sometimes. Not sure how that is up for debate outside the fact people do not want to acknowledge the HC has some developing to do.

You really have no idea about what you're seeing.

The guy is a rookie head coach that will make mistakes.Just like a rookie quarterback will make mistakes.This whole place needs to temper there expectations this season God just enjoy the win

Run the ball and punt it. They would have had 40 seconds fewer than they did. It was about field position and the defense at that point...not closing it out.

Also, the staff has some responsibility in terms of Clay's mental block. A) they should drill in him he needs to stay in bounds B) why is Clay getting the call?

Of course, those flaming will not read all the posts, but I have praised Philbin to no end on his preparation Monday through Saturday. As rookie HC he is struggling on Sunday sometimes. Not sure how that is up for debate outside the fact people do not want to acknowledge the HC has some developing to do.

Get the first down and the game is over. That is what we call 'Going for the Jugular'. Many here have complained the Dolphins haven't had that killer instinct in years.

Where's the complaint? Do you think Brees, Brady, Rodgers, etc would run the ball? They're winners and winners go for the kill.

All this week you repeated how effed we were for this game. And you kept up your b!tching in the game thread. Is that what you call supporting the team?

Get the first down and the game is over. That is what we call 'Going for the Jugular'. Many here have complained the Dolphins haven't had that killer instinct in years.

Where's the complaint? Do you think Brees, Brady, Rodgers, etc would run the ball? They're winners and winners go for the kill.

Run the ball. Run the clock. Use one of your best players to attempt to pin them. Give the Bengals with the ball with a minute left or so with no timeouts.

That is effective clock management.

I agree with the strategy whole-heartedly. I think where your running into resistance is saying Philbin is struggling. Because i think most people like to love philbin now and see lots of positives from him. So naturally when you criticize him justly or not, people don't like it! Considering who our last coach was, they really don't like the criticism of this one.

You never, ever want the other team to have the ball to close the game out. Ever. Doesn't matter how high you are up on the scoreboard.

Not at all. Just all the bitching, since Philbin was hired, gets old. Your personal biases cloud everything you write here.

Where are you when I give Joe credit for things? You just want to be personal. You will make one post that actually makes a strong point about the actual games then the next half dozen are personal. Deep analysis.

I feel like Philbin's management is fine. He didn't miss any of those field goals. The only thing I can fault him for is the decision to run at the end of the half that got Reggie hurt.

They need to do a better job instilling situational awareness into players though. I was about ready to flip **** when Charles Clay ran out of bounds like a dumbass.

Jeff Fisher wouldn't have.

How many more momentum changing kicks are we going to have. I think Joe's game day pulse is off.

Any opinion is welcome, and debatable. However, I think you cross the line past opinion. Let me explain.

I have a good fried, who was a DB in college, no star, no big school. I posted one of his analysis of our secondary here, and it was very well received. Some of his terminology was tuff for some to understand but, he even added video to explain. He could easily sit down with Coyle to discuss/debate the coverage schemes and questions he had.

On the other hand, you have taken some blind shots at Philbin and Sherman, without the same background or knowledge but, posting as if you do have this. It is somewhat annoying.

I do enjoy reading and replying to your posts but, ya really got to tone it down some. Unfounded opinions are just opinions, not the fact you portray. JMO

Back
Top Bottom