Joe Philbin's Game Management | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin's Game Management

I'm not sure it's fair to pile on the OP for his assessment here. We didn't do a good job of chewing up the clock at the end of the game, and the Clay play wasn't the only pass play we had that probably should have been a run. That said we won, and I have faith in Phibin. ALL coaches make decisions that will get second guessed a lot. Goes with the territory. The guy on the other side of the field is likely to make some mistakes too, and if you have a good coach (and I think Philbin is) at the very least the game management errors will balance out. I thought it was dumb to take the penalty on Cincis holding call on there last drive. 2nd and 20 or 3rd and 10 with very limited time on the clock. IMHO the lost down was greater value than ten yds when they have to go the field, but it is what it is. Hard not to be positive though about the sum of Philbins work to this point.

Where are you when I give Joe credit for things? You just want to be personal. You will make one post that actually makes a strong point about the actual games then the next half dozen are personal. Deep analysis.

Because things get real stupid real quick here. And your thread here, is typical of it. You talk about personal, but yet you just did it yourself. I could careless about half of what you write. But sitting back reading the game day thread, then the post game thoughts. It shows your biases. Your so caught up in your own BS, you can't see it. But many others here do.

Take a break and walk away from the comp for abit. You have no more 'deep analysis' than anyone else here. You are someone who sticks to the same narrative through thick and thin. And its getting old. You just don't like getting called on it.

I'm not sure it's fair to pile on the OP for his assessment here. We didn't do a good job of chewing up the clock at the end of the game, and the Clay play wasn't the only pass play we had that probably should have been a run. That said we won, and I have faith in Phibin. ALL coaches make decisions that will get second guessed a lot. Goes with the territory. The guy on the other side of the field is likely to make some mistakes too, and if you have a good coach (and I think Philbin is) at the very least the game management errors will balance out. I thought it was dumb to take the penalty on Cincis holding call on there last drive. 2nd and 20 or 3rd and 10 with very limited time on the clock. IMHO the lost down was greater value than ten yds when they have to go the field, but it is what it is. Hard not to be positive though about the sum of Philbins work to this point.

I agree but, sometimes it's "The Altitude of Attitude." :)

philbin is fine.

but i am starting to think life would be better without Ireland.

Jeff Fisher wouldn't have.

and how many NFL Super Bowls has he won in about 18 years? One conference championship though..

Ill take Big Bill 3 super bowls and 5 conference championships. In fact, most of the recent NFL Super Bowl coaches have more aggressive coaching staff...

(I'm pretty sure you were being sarcastic)

It sure is fair to disagree with the OP and call it BS. When the OP sits in the game day thread and bashes Philbin and then continue's post game, eventually someone is gonna say something.

If it seems people are piling on, its because people don't agree and are tired of the same **** different day from the OP.:ponder:

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

and how many NFL Super Bowls has he won in about 18 years? One conference championship though..

Ill take Big Bill 3 super bowls and 5 conference championships. In fact, most of the recent NFL Super Bowl coaches have more aggressive coaching staff...

(I'm pretty sure you were being sarcastic)

:hump:

Because things get real stupid real quick here. And your thread here, is typical of it. You talk about personal, but yet you just did it yourself. I could careless about half of what you write. But sitting back reading the game day thread, then the post game thoughts. It shows your biases. Your so caught up in your own BS, you can't see it. But many others here do.

Take a break and walk away from the comp for abit. You have no more 'deep analysis' than anyone else here. You are someone who sticks to the same narrative through thick and thin. And its getting old. You just don't like getting called on it.

I've only seen a few "Deep Analysis" on the forum. Some of CK's posts, and the one from Bahamas are the only two which come to mind. Many others are VG, with some better than the media.

I've only seen a few "Deep Analysis" on the forum. Some of CK's posts, and the one from Bahamas are the only two which come to mind. Many others are VG, with some better than the media.

Too some degree yes. CK and TedSlimm along w/ a few others have some good insight. It really comes down to what or if you are trying to push something here.

Too some degree yes. CK and TedSlimm along w/ a few others have some good insight. It really comes down to what or if you are trying to push something here.

Guess you missed Bahamas secondary run down, it was great. He has nothing to push, other than his love of Kalik beer, which does SUCK. LOL

I'll post his next run down. I believe you will enjoy it.

Frankly I think Philbin is doing a amazing job with a rookie qb and subpar talent Ireland gave him

I love a discussion of what is happening on the field...perhaps you should keep it that way.

Good luck...I suggest we keep it to things on the field. Personal attacks are not permitted. Not sure how much I should take from you.

Thanks for reading my stuff though. I appreciate it.

ArmandoSalguero
I don't blame Dan Carpenter for missing a 53 yard field goal. A 53 yd attempt is low %. I do blame the coaching staff for trying the kick.
19 minutes ago · reply ·retweet · favorite
Read more here:
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/#navlink=navbar#storylink=cpy

I'm not sure I agree. Perhaps he is trying to give Carpenter the opportunity to regain some confidence. We can't always understand the motivation behind each and every decision. I find this current regime's approach exciting and not predictable. I like taking a little more risk and throwing when it's a typical run situation and visa versa. I guess these years of ultra-conservative dumbed my expectations.

Joe Philbin has had awful game management in the last three weeks. Passing when they should be running, kicking when they should be punting. It is obvious he has a long way to before he is considered a positive factor in us winning games. He is no limited to no feel for the ebb and flow of the game.

Player have to execute, but he needs to do his job with the headset on.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

At what point does the team not being able to finish fall at his feet? What kind of culture has he created so that are so mentally weak?

Over the last 3 weeks, you have become one of the worst posters on the interwebz.

It's far too easy to play armchair coach/QB. Besides, didn't Sherman call the plays? Philbin is giving his coordinators full license to gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom