Joe Rose leaving WQAM??

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Denny, Jul 10, 2013.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. Denny

Denny GENERAL MANAGER

Is this true and if so anyone know why?

2. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

Yeah I heard him say that about a few weeks ago. I'm not sure of the exact date but I believe he's leaving at the start of the NFL season. I also believe he will still do the Dolphins broadcast on the Radio, But no more daily radio shows.

3. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Sedano is probably looking to do 24 straight hours of Heat talking. Barf on my head.

4. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Guess I won't be listening to WQAM in the morning any more.

5. HarryBagpipe

HarryBagpipe Archibald Meatpants Super Donator Donator

Haven't listened to joe rose in years but he's been on the radio as long as I can remember. I'm guessing at least 20 years.

6. Lord Of Miami

Lord Of Miami A True Fan

That's a bummer.

7. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

If it was up to Sedano the show would be 30% sports and 70% non-sports/hot topics/current events...stuff I care nothing about.

8. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

The only person on that station worth listening to, a real shame

9. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

Wow QAM will be unlistenable now. The only show worth listening to is Kup and Crowder. As much as some phin fans dislike crowder, I think he is refreshing on the radio.

Sedano is awful...

10. joeharley666

joeharley666 A True Fan

You guys should listen to WFAN if you really want to hear how an all sports station format should sound. Yes, there are some hosts that listeners don't like but in the overall scheme of things it's a straight up sports station without all the BS fun, games and jokes I hear on all these FL sports stations or anywhere else in the country. I like Joe in the morning because he does talk Fins but the only other personality whether you like him or not that I listen to is the Big O. At least O's format is straight up sports talk, no BS! Crowder thinks he's a hall of famer, I can't listen to that higher than holy POS.

11. Hayden Fox

It is sad that in order to be successful in sports radio in south fla the station thinks they need to talk pop culture. Support finsiders is all I can say to the people here. Good show.

12. DolphinsfanBarb

DolphinsfanBarb Scout Team

who can listen to any of those stations..they are all commericals with maybe 5 minutes of discussion..and then they start with women and breasts and scents..and tmz..i am not in their age group , true, but i love my sports and have turned to music most of the time now..

13. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

I could never listen to a radio station that would employ Crowder. Sort of like I will not click on any links to the paper that employs
    the worthless POS dreadlocked "journalist" that once shot at a man....According to him....

14. Pat-London

Pat-London A True Fan

Thanks GB, I really needed that - made me laugh so hard :)

15. GoonBoss

Almost every sports show I know of includes at least some pop culture.

It's the way to higher ratings. Me and you, they don't really care about so much. They are now trying
    to pull mom on her way to take Billy to soccer practice, or Sally to Volleyball. Mike and Mike, like 'em or not
    have been and are a ratings juggernaught in the format, and that's what they are.

I personally enjoy the LeBetard show, and listen to it via podcast, but I wish Zaslow still had his
    own show, because it was much more sports heavy. The Hochman and Zaslow show is damn near
    unlistenable, and it really annoys me because I really think both of them are good to very good on
    air talents that just don't blend.

16. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

That's a shame. I haven't listened to QAM since last season ended (and I was planning on starting up again once camp opened), but it had really gone downhill other than Joe. At least they fired that tool Dan Sileo, I couldn't stand him. Sedano is a douchebag as well. That station will be nothing without Joe Rose.

17. PolitePolite

PolitePolite Well-Known Member

I completely disagree. Yeah, Hochman and Zaslow don't talk sports the entire show, but those guys make me laugh out loud in my car on the way to work at least once a day.

18. Hayden Fox

Depends the market you are in. Boston and NYC have little to no pop culture banter. It has a lot to do with the community.

19. SkapePhin

The best Miami sports radio shows:

Lebatard Show
    Hickman and Zaslow
    Finsiders
    Joe rose
    Kup and Crowder

I can't listen to any of the others.

I listen to all if these via podcast, which is the way to to since there are no ads and you can skip to the best parts

20. El Calebra

El Calebra Fan Finheaven VIP Donator

I am not in Miami anymore and have found my sports radio station to be NFL on Sirius satellite radio.

21. HarryBagpipe

I like hoch and zas too. The days of boring, crusty old hank Goldberg are over.

22. GoonBoss

I guess I was referring to more of the nationally syndicated shows.

And I can name a few shows that are local in northern markets that combine pop culture.
    Lupica in NYC.....Kornhieser in DC.....Those are the ones I know off the top of my head since
    I'm not interested in many teams up that way, and I don't travel around anymore. Most of the
    shows I listened to in CA included pop culture.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

I guess it all has to do with taste.

I like both of them separately, but together, not so much. That whole "Morning Zoo" atmosphere annoys me.

23. TealAttack13

TealAttack13 A True Fan

Why do we keep losing media personnel that we actually like?

24. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama FinHeaven VIP

Crowder is better on the radio than on the field

25. GoonBoss

That's not really saying much.

26. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

Surprised there is so much love for Rose, Personally i am not a fan.

He has a really bad habit of repeating himself over and over again, plus there is only so much Joe Rose talks about his sex life or Personal life i can take.

Hey to each there own :) Personally i think he was best when he was part of the morning team (DEFO,Goldie etc.) they were a great group together. Nice Dynamic.

27. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

That's why I like Moving the Chains on SiriusXM NFL Radio in the afternoon 3:00 pm - 7:00 PM. All football, no fluff.

28. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Why is he leaving?

29. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

790 is better anyway.

30. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Be nice if the fins could get him to do the finsiders with Jesse, he would be brilliant at that. I know that's on one of the Miami stations but I have no clue what the viewing figures are.

31. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

Sedano on 790 was excellent. On QAM, not so much. Alot of Dolphins fans don't like Sedano because he was brutally hard on Parcells, Ireland and Sparano. Combine that with the back-to-back by the Heat, his interest has clearly been the NBA.

The problem with 790 is that they hired a new Program Manager who fired Sedano, broke up a very entertaining Lebatard show by moving Hoch and as a result, you now have a morning show and afternoon show that is more about entertainment than sports. That one hiring by 790 really ****ed up the SoFl sports radio culture. I don't listen to any of it anymore.

32. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

I listen to a Miami station WINZ on my IHeart radio phone app....they seem to do a good job....I think they are part of ESPN radio and CBS sports. They do Dolphin's sports talk in the afternoon when I am driving around. I also love Philly sports and they have a guy named Mike Missanelli with 97.5 The Animal in Philly who is very entertaining and gets into it with the callers. I have about ten stations I can flip through from LA to the East Coast.

33. GoonBoss

Yeah...I really, really disliked that whole time period and what followed. Horrible, disjointed radio programing, which now has settled into one program that
    in my opinion is really pretty bad (Hoch/Zas.) and one that went from great to fair (LeBetard) The rotating guests, Cote, Jones, etc is terrible.

34. Jimi

Jimi The World Is Yours

Really? Crowder rags on himself constantly, and brings up his short career all the time. I've specifically heard him say he wasn't that good. Sounds like your spreading false information. Some people might not like his attitude, but to think he considers himself a hall of famer or anything close is just wrong. Personally in love his humor (intentional or not) and he does have a good perspective on sports.

35. SkapePhin

Exactly. Crowder is actually very self deprecating...

36. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Channing Crowder is a ****ing moron.

37. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

1. I like Joe Rose. You get by far the best depth and analysis on the Dolphins on his show. He gets good guests, the analysis is not superficial, the criticism is fair and real, and he understands the sport.

2. Finsiders is fine because you get wall to wall coverage, but let's be real, it is a Dolphins mouthpiece. You do not get balanced analysis. Its stilted to the Dolphins' favor with minimal criticism, just defend everything the Dolphins do. Losing Joe Rose's show is a big loss because you lose the balanced approach, yet he had the passion as a former player and team broadcaster. Rose is a big loss.

3. Sedano is so mis-guided it is ridiculous. He is a Lebatard wanna-be, but he doesn't have Lebatard's intellect. He wants to say that the minutae of sports is beneath him, so he tries to bring up topics like "do you pee sitting down." And he will bring it up with national writers who you can tell think he is a complete buffoon.

4. For a big city, Miami is severely lacking in on-air talent. After Rose leaves, good grief, this will be a sad display. Lebatard's show, whether you like him or not, is good. But the rest of these guys just aren't talented compared with what you see in other cities.

38. GoonBoss

Sedano was actually nationally syndicated one time. I used to call his show every now and then.
    I haven't listened to him since he left 790 though.

39. joeharley666

joeharley666 A True Fan

Please dude, don't tell me what I'm hearing on the radio. Your opinion is yours but don't tell me what I'm hearing. Crowder is a slug on the radio and you can hardly hear what he's talking about through his Ebonics. All I hear from him is how Ireland had no right to cut him and how bad the Patriots wanted him(yeah sure) because he was such a great player.
    And say what you want about Ireland I get that but this moron should finally keep his trap shut about the guy already. He kills him every chance he gets because he is on the air and it's becoming unprofessional now, it's pretty pathetic and I'm now embarrassed for Crowder. He's no better than Sileo and Michael Irvin. At least Irvin as bad as he was, was professional and wasn't just a "hater" with his drivel. You like him fine, but I listen to a lot of sports radio between NY, Philly, Miami and Sirius NFL, and in my opinion he does not belong in radio compared to these other hosts

40. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I don't have the ability to listen to WQAM on a daily basis, but one of the things I do is listen to the daily Dolphin related interviews on their website. Most of the Dolphin related interviews involve the Joe Rose show and occasionally the other shows which include Sedano. I enjoy listening to those interviews because Rose's interviews are pure football and they talk a lot about the Dolphins. Heck, I even listen to the interviews he does weekly with Marvez and Florio even though I can't stand those guys. If this news/rumor of Rose leaving WQAM is true, the station becomes pure garbage. Rose was the last piece that kept the station at least somewhat relevant.

Speaking of Sedano, months ago I made the decision to stop listening to the interviews he did because he is such a moron and talks about such idiotic topics. However, because of this thread I decided to go and listen to one of his interviews today. What luck that his guest today just happened to be our favorite beat writer Omar Kelly. :lol: Anyways, as expected the entire segment was pure garbage. Sedano brings on a DOLPHINS BEAT WRITER, and guess what? They spent ZERO time talking about the Dolphins or really the NFL at all. You know what they did talk about during the 12 minute interview? They talked about former Hurricanes quarterbacks, Lebron James, Michael Jordan, Miley Cyrus and the majority of the conversation was about Jay-Z. Pure Garbage.

41. SkapePhin

They didn't talk about Omar's gangbanger past???

42. SkapePhin

I will give you that Crowder continue to hold a grudge against Ireland, but other than that, he never makes himself out to be some great player. Just yesterday he was talking about how Zach Thomas was so much better and smarter than him on the field. He was gushing about Zach and basically said he wasn't half the player Zach was...

You can hate the guy for a lot of reasons, but it's just not correct to say that he views himself as some kind of hall of famer.

Even with the Ireland grudge, I have heard him give a lot of praise regarding the dolphins FA moves this year...

43. sharp

sharp Scout Team

keep it on 790

44. HarryBagpipe

The one host I can't stand is Eric reed. He constantly talks over everyone and takes 3 minutes to say something that should take 3 seconds to say. He constantly interrupts Leroy hoard and Ethan skolnick and whenever he's interviewing someone it's 80% reed talking and 20% the interviewee talking. He will ask skolnick a question and than will never let him answer it. The guy can't shut the f up to save his life.

45. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

So True.:lol:

46. pafins13

pafins13 Rookie

Joe rose blows those jokers on espn away.

47. KippyIA1354

KippyIA1354 Home of the ONE and ONLY PERFECT TEAM!

Sedano is freaking horrible, I know there's alot of HEAT buzz, but non-stop talk about the Heat in football season irritates me,especially from an egotistical,annoying turd like Sedano!!

48. Hayden Fox

Sedano has a beef with the Dolphins.

49. ryudo423

ryudo423 Rookie

This is sad news.. Stream this all the time during my morning commute here in DC. Anywhere else I can stream dolphins radio from my phone? I normally use tune in...

50. SkapePhin

Hey man, I moved to Arlington last year. Where do you watch Dolphins games in the DC area?