Joe Rose on WQAM says Stuessie..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Rose on WQAM says Stuessie.....

zonk39

Bills, Jets, Pats SUCK!!!
Reaction score
Has nothing left in the tank. The Phins think Brown, Salam, Steussie are not the player they once where. He says the FO willl not look at Steussie.

Not sure if I totally agree with the assessment that Steussie is shot, but I admire the FO's philosophy: get young, hungry and nasty.

I agree, at most bring him on a 1 year deal, but I dont think he'll come for that. He is 33, I'm sure he wants a 4-5 year contract.

after we get Boston (please god, make it happen), i thinkits time to hold our fire a bit and maybe add Wilkens and ST. I defenitely think Ogun will get a big deal. yes!!!!

I'd rather have Ogun than any other OT left out there. Think about it the money they would use to sign a Vet OT is money comming out of a potetial Ogun contract.

Get Boston & Sign OGUN & Draft Well.

If this happens.

I would rate this Off season an A++++++++++++

Keeping our good players is just or more important than getting names.
Ogun staying is better than getting Brown, if Boston comes the fins are in really good shape going into the draft.
I like what the FO has done, I don't understand why they are being ridiculed by the press and the so called fans.

Originally posted by zonk39
I'd rather have Ogun than any other OT left out there. Think about it the money they would use to sign a Vet OT is money comming out of a potetial Ogun contract.

Get Boston & Sign OGUN & Draft Well.

If this happens.

If we re-sign Ogun, which it looks like we will, to a long term deal, and sign McIntosh as expected (it may already be complete), then get Boston, I will join in that A+ grade.

All they've done so far is upgrade where is needed, manage the Cap,and drop the average age of the team with younger more agresive players, Rick as a first time GM is doing well.

Originally posted by fin13
I don't understand why they are being ridiculed by the press and the so called fans.

Because they OWE US for all the SUFFERING weve been through.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :sosad:

Originally posted by phunwin

If we re-sign Ogun, which it looks like we will, to a long term deal, and sign McIntosh as expected (it may already be complete), then get Boston, I will join in that A+ grade.

I cant give an A+. sorry. An A+ would mean that these linemen we get are great and i just dont see that becuase i really dont know much or have ever seen them play. as far as potential so far, i give an A- with Boston in the mix. An A+ means everything is perfect IMO. And it was defenitely not perfect but spielman does get a A cus of the salary cap moves and having a plan from the get go. He never waivered off course from distractions. everything came to him that was willing to come to him.

Well of course we all hope it is but how on earth can you guage the offseason with 2 question mark players coming into 2 key positions.

Jeno James was a great pickup as was the CB from Carolina.

QB and RT positions were filled by "potential"
Neither is a proven commodity. I'm not saying they won't be good. I sure hope they are but the fact is that both could play great or both could flop horribly. The offseason's success will hinge on whether these 2 moves turn out to be busts or positives.

David Boston getting landed certainly would be a positive move and increase the success. Unlike many I think Boston is a good gamble. He has had his problems but even in what was considered a flop year for him last year on a horrid team he pulls down 800 yds receiving with 7TD's??? Reunite him with a coach he obviously respects which the Fins have and you could have quite a resurrection at WR this year.

However, that brings us back to the question mark at QB.
Feeley is a major player in how this works out. What good is Boston if Feeley turns out to be like Fiedler or the QB Boston hated in SD (Drew Brees) because he could'nt throw a consistent deep ball?

Time will tell.

Has nothing left in the tank. The Phins think Brown, Salam, Steussie are not the player they once where. He says the FO willl not look at Steussie.

Reading the one of the Miami papers today, it was said that Miami has already contacted Stuessie's agent.

I think Steussie is a waste of time. Why?

Because he's not a great run blocker and he's a left tackle. Unless we want Wade Smith sitting on the bench next year - why go after Steussie?

Neither Smith nor Steussie are suited for RT (which requires a guy who is bigger, stronger and can anchor better than these guys), and neither can play OG.

So, unless they don't think much of Wade Smith's potential, we're wasting time and money on Steussie. He is NOT a RT.

We wasted time and money on John St. Clair.

Back
Top Bottom