Joe's calm demeanor keeps Dolphins unified

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by gafin, Dec 14, 2013.

1. gafin

gafin A True Fan

Way to go Joe!!

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/14/3818658/miami-dolphins-joe-philbin-keeping.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
  2. MartinTheSNAKE

MartinTheSNAKE Seasoned Veteran Donator

Really like where this team is heading.

Joe is a true leader from the Coaching position. Tannehill is becoming a leader from the offensive side of the ball, a real one not just somebody trying to fill that role. Then we have Wake and others on the defensive side of the ball. This team seems to have a very bright future.

3. SCall13

SCall13 Finheaven QB

Great stuff. Great to see the team behind him. I really feel like this team has an identity and some character. It's encouraging.

4. gafin

gafin A True Fan

I agree, I don't recall reading how they felt about him, it's really great to hear.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
  5. dolphinswin

dolphinswin Starter

doesn't change the fact he is clueless in a lot of other coaching aspects, guys game management skills and preparation leave a lot to be desired. |I am no on board with this guy and have no love for this clown

6. Shouright

Shouright Banned Hammered

And at some point the team will take on the personality of its coach, and when it has sufficient talent, it'll never get down enough on itself to feel like it's out of a game. They'll have the kind of resilience we've seen in teams like the Patriots during the Brady and Belichick era.

7. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Donator

Come on Hayden... you didn't have to start a second account to tell us how you really feel...

8. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

Holy ****ing ****, shouright posted a comment and it didn't have YPA, correlate or some juvenile riddle in it. :crazy:

9. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

You have no clue about preperation and game management skills. dont pretend like you do.

10. phinasota

phinasota Bleed Aqua

Good to hear about the cohesion of this team. That plays a huge factor in success. I'm loving it, that's for sure. Would like to see the guy make some better on the field decisions though, and also check his offensive coordinator from making bonehead playcalls. but overall, im feeling really good about our team!!!!

11. MiZFiT

MiZFiT FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Its called being a 2nd year head coach. He's going to make mistakes thats part of the process. C'mon, you cant expect perfection from a 2nd year head coach.

Same should go for Tannehill as a quarterback - even more so having a low number of starts in college.

This team has a very bright future and its at the perfect time. Maybe Brady isnt declining yet but Tanny will be in this league long after Brady retires and that thought gives me goosebumps.

12. dolphinswin

dolphinswin Starter

well i'm not hayden I joined in 2005, not about to get into a pissing match here with the mindless minion. Joe P is just not a good leader IMO, no intensity allows he team to make the same mistakes week in week out, we have a real problem with KO's but every week same **** thigpen is a bum our St's is horrendous, but keep running that ball out barely get to the 20and if we in some miracle do its only because of a penalty which then is a half the distance. Team comes out flat pretty much every 2nd half, it's tony sparano cam cameron type coach, no killer instinct plays afraid. Allows the OC to call the same vanilla plays every week like who we kidding running out of SG that's a total joke. I was impressed by the Read option play by tanny at pitt and we should exploit more of that. a qb struggling with deep balls a handful of times on third and short decides to huck the ball 30 yards down field and missing badly. I'm not a coach and I see a lot of holes, Philbin just doesn't have what it takes, its almost like he has some kind of learning handicap to be so thoughtless with his management skills.

13. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I think they have his personality and that is why there is a lack of killer instinct and ability to rise in a big spot.

However, because he is even in his approach, the team has not fallen off after the Martin fiasco.

14. Hayden Fox

You can keep "thumbs downing me", but until Joe takes the next step and creates game effective plans/strategies, demonstrates the ability to make adjustments and has his team play a FULL 60 minutes, there are going to be questions about him leading this team in the future.

15. Shouright

I mean that's certainly a possibility, but then how would you explain the successful teams led by the likes of Mike Holmgren, Bill Walsh, and Bill Belichick. Is there really any objective evidence that Joe Philbin is significantly different, personality-wise, from those kinds of coaches?

16. Hayden Fox

Joe better hope the Pats staff goes way with Brady. He has no answer and coaches small.

17. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

Joe's calm demeanor keeps them unified. That's the only real positive to this staff. Other than that, it's a terrible gameday coaching staff.

18. Shouright

4th down call by Philbin shows serious balls and wins the game today.

19. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

20. Hayden Fox

Clever.

21. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

There are things to be worried about with this coaching staff, but the one thing that is clearly evidence is that they do have character and don't get fazed by deficits. We have had games where we weren't playing up to our potential, but we have not had a single outing where the offense has failed to get anything going. There is only a single game that was not in contention late, and that was against a team that has done that to numerous opponents. on their home turf.