Joe's calm demeanor keeps Dolphins unified | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe's calm demeanor keeps Dolphins unified

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Way to go Joe!!

He just stood up there and he told us, ‘Look, they're saying this about me, but I don't care,’ ” cornerback Nolan Carroll recalled last week. “He's telling us, ‘Stick with me; we all have to stay together as a team. They're all going to individually try to separate us, have us all pointing fingers at each other. We can't do that. We have to stick together.’ ”

Philbin, Carroll said, continued: “ ‘We're going to have downs. We're going to have a lot of downs. The key is, in those downs, stick together even more. Be supportive of everybody.’ That's what we did. When I heard that, it made me believe that, ‘Hey, we can get through this.’ ”

We had to take on an us-against-the-world mentality, because it really was,” receiver Mike Wallace said. “People were really trying to destroy us. They wanted our coaches gone. They wanted our [general manager] gone before letting things play out.

“That's why they're on the outside. We know what we go through when we're together. We know the time everyone puts in, how hard everyone works. Coach Philbin, he's a great coach. We're going to fight for him. I love Coach Philbin as a man. I think he's a stand-up guy, a great guy. We're going to always fight to the end for our coach.”

How is this possible? Because, as Dolphins players will uniformly testify, their coach never changed who he was. Steady Philbin stayed steady Philbin, and his locker room followed his lead

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/14/3818658/miami-dolphins-joe-philbin-keeping.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Really like where this team is heading.

Joe is a true leader from the Coaching position. Tannehill is becoming a leader from the offensive side of the ball, a real one not just somebody trying to fill that role. Then we have Wake and others on the defensive side of the ball. This team seems to have a very bright future.

Great stuff. Great to see the team behind him. I really feel like this team has an identity and some character. It's encouraging.

Great stuff. Great to see the team behind him. I really feel like this team has an identity and some character. It's encouraging.

I agree, I don't recall reading how they felt about him, it's really great to hear.

Last edited by a moderator:
doesn't change the fact he is clueless in a lot of other coaching aspects, guys game management skills and preparation leave a lot to be desired. |I am no on board with this guy and have no love for this clown

And at some point the team will take on the personality of its coach, and when it has sufficient talent, it'll never get down enough on itself to feel like it's out of a game. They'll have the kind of resilience we've seen in teams like the Patriots during the Brady and Belichick era.

doesn't change the fact he is clueless in a lot of other coaching aspects, guys game management skills and preparation leave a lot to be desired. |I am no on board with this guy and have no love for this clown
Come on Hayden... you didn't have to start a second account to tell us how you really feel...

And at some point the team will take on the personality of its coach, and when it has sufficient talent, it'll never get down enough on itself to feel like it's out of a game. They'll have the kind of resilience we've seen in teams like the Patriots during the Brady and Belichick era.
Holy ****ing ****, shouright posted a comment and it didn't have YPA, correlate or some juvenile riddle in it. :crazy:

You have no clue about preperation and game management skills. dont pretend like you do.

Good to hear about the cohesion of this team. That plays a huge factor in success. I'm loving it, that's for sure. Would like to see the guy make some better on the field decisions though, and also check his offensive coordinator from making bonehead playcalls. but overall, im feeling really good about our team!!!!

Its called being a 2nd year head coach. He's going to make mistakes thats part of the process. C'mon, you cant expect perfection from a 2nd year head coach.

Same should go for Tannehill as a quarterback - even more so having a low number of starts in college.

This team has a very bright future and its at the perfect time. Maybe Brady isnt declining yet but Tanny will be in this league long after Brady retires and that thought gives me goosebumps.

well i'm not hayden I joined in 2005, not about to get into a pissing match here with the mindless minion. Joe P is just not a good leader IMO, no intensity allows he team to make the same mistakes week in week out, we have a real problem with KO's but every week same **** thigpen is a bum our St's is horrendous, but keep running that ball out barely get to the 20and if we in some miracle do its only because of a penalty which then is a half the distance. Team comes out flat pretty much every 2nd half, it's tony sparano cam cameron type coach, no killer instinct plays afraid. Allows the OC to call the same vanilla plays every week like who we kidding running out of SG that's a total joke. I was impressed by the Read option play by tanny at pitt and we should exploit more of that. a qb struggling with deep balls a handful of times on third and short decides to huck the ball 30 yards down field and missing badly. I'm not a coach and I see a lot of holes, Philbin just doesn't have what it takes, its almost like he has some kind of learning handicap to be so thoughtless with his management skills.

I think they have his personality and that is why there is a lack of killer instinct and ability to rise in a big spot.

However, because he is even in his approach, the team has not fallen off after the Martin fiasco.

You can keep "thumbs downing me", but until Joe takes the next step and creates game effective plans/strategies, demonstrates the ability to make adjustments and has his team play a FULL 60 minutes, there are going to be questions about him leading this team in the future.

I think they have his personality and that is why there is a lack of killer instinct and ability to rise in a big spot.

However, because he is even in his approach, the team has not fallen off after the Martin fiasco.
I mean that's certainly a possibility, but then how would you explain the successful teams led by the likes of Mike Holmgren, Bill Walsh, and Bill Belichick. Is there really any objective evidence that Joe Philbin is significantly different, personality-wise, from those kinds of coaches?

Back
Top Bottom