John Abraham | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Abraham

MiamiDolphins34

Active Roster
Reaction score
Id like us to sign DE John Abraham.I know he is injury prone..but when healthy.. hes one of the best DEs out there.I know hes a RDE but hed still be a sack machine at LDE and hes so agile that he could play somtimes as a LB in the 3-4.

John Abraham-Kevin Carter-Manny Wright-Jason Taylor.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Id like us to sign DE John Abraham.I know he is injury prone..but when healthy.. hes one of the best DEs out there.I know hes a RDE but hed still be a sack machine at LDE and hes so agile that he could play somtimes as a LB in the 3-4.

John Abraham-Kevin Carter-Manny Wright-Jason Taylor.

Would never work like that.

The DE opposite Taylor in the 4-3 is a 2-gap, bigger guy, a role Abraham could never play. Not to mention that a big part of the Defense is the ability to switch from different alignments from the same package, which would mean either Abraham or Taylor would have to play linebacker on any given down.

I think it's not impossible if Miami drafts a DE/OLB like Manny Lawson they convert them into a weakside linebacker, but I doubt they grab someone like John Abraham.

Next time I see Abraham shed a lineman's block and tackle a rb behind the LOS will be the first.

J. Abraham = one dimensional

Itsdahumidity said:
Next time I see Abraham shed a lineman's block and tackle a rb behind the LOS will be the first.

J. Abraham = one dimensional

I dont really care if hes one dimensional as long as he gets over 10 sacks per season and puts constant pressure on the qb.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
I dont really care if hes one dimensional as long as he gets over 10 sacks per season and puts constant pressure on the qb.

So let's break the bank on a player who will be the weak link in run D. How can you get sacks if a team constantly runs with success?

Itsdahumidity said:
So let's break the bank on a player who will be the weak link in run D. How can you get sacks if a team constantly runs with success?

I dont know but he got 10 sacks.There will be times where theyll have to throw,no?

although i not too much for drafting a LB in the first round, i think we need to bring in another good, young OLB

John Abraham is a *****.

The guy did'nt play a playoff game because he was hurt and did'nt want to risk more injury because of his pending free agent status.

Plus, Abraham as a left defensive end would be a disaster. Teams would run it down his throat...it would be a track meet.

We have Carter, Roth and Holliday that all play left defensive end. Abraham is far too one dimensional to be able to play in Saban's scheme anyway.

unifiedtheory said:
John Abraham is a *****.

The guy did'nt play a playoff game because he was hurt and did'nt want to risk more injury because of his pending free agent status.

Plus, Abraham as a left defensive end would be a disaster. Teams would run it down his throat...it would be a track meet.

We have Carter, Roth and Holliday that all play left defensive end. Abraham is far too one dimensional to be able to play in Saban's scheme anyway.

We did look at Derrick Burgess in the offseason, so Saban might not be completely against converting a smaller, speed rusher type DE to full time strongside linebacker.

It's just got to be the right player. Like Manny Lawson. :bong2:

Back
Top Bottom