John Abraham.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Abraham..

dcnr226

Practice Squad
Reaction score
John Abraham is 34 but has only missed 2 games the last 6 years, and has averaged 10.75 sacks. Imagine a defensive line of Abraham, Soliai, Starks, and Wake. Very well could be one of the more fearsome lines in the league. He got arrested last year on an obstruction of justice charge, but besides that I can't recall any character concerns with him.

Why the lack of love? He has made a career of abusing the best tackles in the game, and seems to be still playing at a high level. If i'm Jeff Ireland, and if he fits the character criteria set for him by Philbin, i see him as a nice, veteran, proven, edge-setting final piece to this defensive front. Spell him with Vernon and Odrick. This allows Odrick to be the guy that spells Soliai on passing downs, and spells Starks to keep him fresh.

I think the interest in Dumervil is a smoke screen, but you don't hear much about the Dolphins targeting the other defensive ends. This means IMO they've told Odrick to lose weight, which would make him strictly a DE. For my money, Odrick as a movable chess piece, and Abraham as the starting DE makes alot of sense, and if it works, it could be quite formidable..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbjnDzgXQMM

What am i missing in regards to John Abraham? The only thing of concern with him is his age..

I like the idea but thought the fins won't get him because he plays same position as wake

I thought Wake was better on the left and I know I have seen Abraham knock Jake Long on his ass. Not sure why Abraham could not be an option.

I wonder how much he has left in the tank... if another good year, I'd sign him.

A difference maker, he is -- if healthy and strong.

LD

WE invested a 3rd in Veron a first in Odrick and we have a 5 picks in the first 3 rounds (which in all likelihoods we will get a pass rusher with one of those picks). This move will stun the growth of the young guys and possibly a rookie with an old, granted still effective, but a one year stop gap. I dont think this team is in a position to win it all this year so why waste a good year of developing young players of the future on a stop gap guy? We need to stop having these conversations on what we can do this year and worry about the future.

I like the idea but thought the fins won't get him because he plays same position as wake

Not at all true bro. He lined up mostly on the opposing side last year and most of his career.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

I thought Wake was better on the left and I know I have seen Abraham knock Jake Long on his ass. Not sure why Abraham could not be an option.

Jake Long, Branden Albert, Joe Thomas...Abraham has abused them all. Still very, very effective. Must be a character thing.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

WE invested a 3rd in Veron a first in Odrick and we have a 5 picks in the first 3 rounds (which in all likelihoods we will get a pass rusher with one of those picks). This move will stun the growth of the young guys and possibly a rookie with an old, granted still effective, but a one year stop gap. I dont think this team is in a position to win it all this year so why waste a good year of developing young players of the future on a stop gap guy? We need to stop having these conversations on what we can do this year and worry about the future.

I like both Vernon and Odrick...but YES we are in a position to try and win it all. This isn't the NBA where only 6 teams have a chance (really only 1 lol). Any given Sunday, any given season. No reason to think we can't compete for it all starting now.

A character thing??? Or blind/deaf/dumb stupidity and stubbornness?

Now that Dumervill has signed, there may be some movement with the other DE's in FA. I've heard some say Osi would be a better fit for Miami, but anyone who can help with pressure on the QB has to be looked at, including Abraham.

After Abraham was injured last year their pass rush was nonexistent.
Not sure why they didn't just resign him but Osi is a good replacement.
I know Falcon fans that are pissed he's gone.

There was speculation on Rotoworld with Elvis going to Baltimore, that Freeney will sign with the Broncos and Abraham will sign with the Pats.

Abraham is also a guy who seems to have a problem with authority. He never plays if he is hurt even a little bit. Last week he tested the coaches by missing his flight to Miami for a visit. The coaches refused to wait for him and he missed the meeting. So forget about Abraham wearing a Dolphin uniform.

If the Rams were on the schedule I'd definitely sign Abraham

I've followed the Falcons since I was a kid and I have to say that Abraham has gone thru a while, what Wake has been facing the past couple years and what JT went thru for years here. That being no help on the other side when it comes to pass rushing. The Falcons drafted and paid high $$$ to try and get him help, but nothing panned out. He still mannaged double digit sacks every year just like Wake has managed. I say don't waste Wakes years by waiting on someone to develope. Besides, those guys will get plenty of playing time because Abraham and Wake will need breaks.

Back
Top Bottom