John Clayton: Don't rule out Dolphins as a destination for Revis | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton: Don't rule out Dolphins as a destination for Revis

We did want him last year....

This would be excellent but I would be stunned beyond belief

Stunned does not describe for me if the Fins got Revis.

That said, today, I am looking to see what happens with Clay and see the Fins dump more bad contracts.

From there, I think the idea of a CB…and at least a solid NCB…is a good goal today for me.

I love the offseason so far, but I am a bit disappointed that LG is not being looked at. FIX THE LINE!

That said, today, I am looking to see what happens with Clay and see the Fins dump more bad contracts.
!

So you are hoping we lose Clay to Buffalo? You think we'll be OK going with Sims as the starter?

PieintheSky.jpg

From there, I think the idea of a CB…and at least a solid NCB…is a good goal today for me.

I love the offseason so far, but I am a bit disappointed that LG is not being looked at. FIX THE LINE!

Billy Turner will probably be the left guard. Even if not perfect you can hide him between Albert and Pouncey. Now right guard? thats a need!

So you are hoping we lose Clay to Buffalo? You think we'll be OK going with Sims as the starter?

Nope. I want to keep Clay. However, if the money he is offered is crazy I would move on. I think Sims can be fine as the starter.

This team goes 11 Personnel so much, I wonder if the money is better spent at the receiver position IF the contract he is offered is a lot of cash.

Billy Turner will probably be the left guard. Even if not perfect you can hide him between Albert and Pouncey. Now right guard? thats a need!

Okay. We need a guard…I agree.

I thought I have seen it stated he is going to play RG, but it does not matter to me.

I guess with all the articles about signing an Orlando Franklin or Clint Boling (as they are LG), I figured Turner would play RG.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

I am very bullish on Turner btw.

Not happening. Sure we can fit him in now but in a couple of years we wouldn't even be able to sign our draft picks after Suh, Revis and Tannehill

Ozzy rules!!

I was thinking hard about this as I watched Mike and Mike this morning as well. The thought of a Dolphins defense comprised of Jones, Delmas, Grimes, and Revis in the secondary with Wake, Vernon, Mitchell, and Suh along the front is very enticing and if we shed Starks and Wallace it is very possible.

There is about a 95% chance of this being smoke but I would have said the same thing about Suh last week. With Tannebaum in the fold it looks like we should strap in for a wild ride.

I woke up this morning to rumors of the Dolphins being in the market for CB Darrelle Revis, so I did a little digging to see if there was any truth to these rumors. Well, it appears the rumors were started by ESPN's John Clayton. You see Clayton was on SportsCenter this AM and said he wouldn't rule out the Dolphins when it came to CB Darrelle Revis.

The rumor is hard to believe just like when Rapoport reported the Dolphins where one of the team in the hunt for Suh, but there are a lot of facts that support this rumor. The Dolphins last year inquired about Darrelle Revis, Tannenbaum drafted Revis and Hickey was part of a Buccaneers organization who traded for Revis. The rumor seems farfetched but I wouldn't rule out anything after the Dolphins signed Suh.

Schefter was on Mike & Mike this morning as well and said he believe Revis was going after what would be perhaps his last big contract, he also mentioned he believes he either end up with the Jets or the Pats. John Clayton on the other hand believes once Revis hits the market it will have an effect similar to the one Suh had, teams who were not expected in the market for Revis will inquire. Patriots have yet to release Revis.

Now my question to you guys is would you prefer Mike Wallace & Clay or Suh & Revis?

For the price of Revis you could get Andre Johnson and Antrel Rolle.

Not happening. Sure we can fit him in now but in a couple of years we wouldn't even be able to sign our draft picks after Suh, Revis and Tannehill

Ozzy rules!!

... and, Pouncey.

The cap is not our friend.

Yes it is, we have plenty of space next year. The first year hit is always the lowest, just have to be wise on how many low first year hits we give out.

Yes it is, we have plenty of space next year. The first year hit is always the lowest, just have to be wise on how many low first year hits we give out.

Which would be why we won't be getting Revis.

Well considering he's still the best cb in the nfl, he's a great leader and very smart, was the core of the pats super bowl championship defense and knows tom brady better than any defender in the league....yes I'd like to see him here. I'm to the point where I don't care who plays here as long as we WIN!!

Back
Top Bottom