John Clayton is a Moron!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dajesus, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan

Did any of you catch a glimpse at Clayton's "first and 10" on ESPN.com? The Dolphins-KC game failed to make his list of top 10 games this weekend. If you look thru the schedule this week you are hard pressed to find a truly great game with the Pats-Chargers being the best of the bunch only because they are both 3-0 not really on talent. I trully doubt the KC-Miami is far behind considering the Cheifs have been in the 2 most exciting games thus far this season(Browns, Pats), and Miami is looking like a powerhouse blowing out 2 teams in 3 weeks. This is where I prove that Clayton is a moron. It was conveinent that the pencil neck geek who I doubt ever touched a football in his life picked the crucial match up of 2 0-3 teams that happens to be on his employer's station as the 6th best game this week. The gifted Clayton also picked the rumble between 2 teams that are on the red eye south(Jets-Jaguars) in the top 5. He also has the Saints-Lions game witch should be done by the end of the first quarter as a top 10 game. John you might want to put your coke bottle classes on to look at the schedule one more time before you start spewing this trash to the public.

2. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan

PS has anyone else noticed how ESPN has turned in to an internet hore? You can't click any linke with out having 5 pop ups.

3. shane13

shane13 Active Member

I think JC left our game off his list because he doesn't think it will be a good game--in other words, he thinks we'll blow them out. I actually think it's a compliment, not a snub. Remember, he picked our Jets game as the best. If you want to player-hate, hate Chris Mortenson, who picked us to finish LAST in the AFC East. That was criminal. Go Phins!

4. dolphan39

dolphan39 Maria & LauRen Aha!

pretty lame considering CBS decided we were the game of the week

5. BuffBillsMan90

BuffBillsMan90 is Clumpalicious!!

Clayton picks 10 games every week..........there are more than 10 games each week. So he didn't choose to make comments on the Fins-Chiefs game..........awww......poor babies.

1-800-cry-baby

6. RobertHoover

RobertHoover Convinced WCF is a moron

Here are the rules around here CP.

If a writer/sportscaster/analyst likes the Fish, he is a genious.

If he says anything bad about the fish he is a moron.

He can go from a moron to a genious in a week and can also go the other way just as quickly.

7. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG ~LACUNA LEGIONS~

I like J. Clayton. He's very in-depth, and he ususally knows what he's talking about 90% of the time....

His inside scoops are his trademark. He seems to have information prior to most other reporters....

I think he left our game against the Chiefs off of his list for a couple of reasons....

The Chiefs lack of defense, and the Phinz over-powering offense. It's a huge mis-match. The Phinz defense is strong enough to limit the Chiefs offense as well, which leads me to believe that JC thinks the Phinz are going to run away with this one....

PHINZ RULE!!!

8. dolphan39

exactly :bandwagon :rolleyes:

9. RobertHoover

Clayton and Len Pascarelli (sp) are great in the off-season. They have the best sources in the buisiness IMO.

10. BuffBillsMan90

BuffBillsMan90 is Clumpalicious!!

Fins over-powering offense??

How abouy playing some NFL calibur defenses first :rolleyes:

11. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan

Your quick to point that our, but you are so excited about your new power house offense, yet they have only looked good against the Jets and Vikings. I would also have to point out that if they play in the NFL they must be NFL calibur.

12. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan

You are pretty witty! Actully if you take an objective look at things instead of being so quick to try to add life to our rivalry(not much of a rivlry on the feild since you haven't beet Miami in like 3 years) you would see that a battle that includes the 2 top RBs in the NFL is far more compelling than a battle of 2 0-3 teams that aren't going anywhere. The only reason to watch Sunday night is to see if Moss can actully make it to the park with out getting arrested. I just thought John Clayton has a little more integrity than pimping out a game even though he knows it is the worst game on the schedule this week.

13. RobertHoover

Lets have a look at the history here, most pretty recent.

Prisco is an idiot because he picks against Miami. No one (at first) bothered to check if his best bets are right or not, just that he’s an idiot.

Clayton, one of the most respected “insiders†in the game is a moron for not liking the Miami game Sunday, a game who’s outcome has little overall significance. The Chiefs, even with a win are going nowhere and the Fish, even with a loss are in the playoff hunt all year. The games he normally picks have something to do with the grand scheme of things in the NFL or they are shown on his network (it pays the bills). Face the fact that every week two of his games will be the Sunday and Monday night game.

Hell, someone got all hot two weeks ago because the ESPN.com page 2 (a satirical column) made a joke about any Florida game being in question because of hanging chads.

That’s my point. I’m sure it happens at every fan site, I just happened to be here this morning.

14. akfinfan

akfinfan FinHeaven VIP

He probably figures that we will kick there ***, and that it won't be much of a game. Like I said, he might think that. Not me.

15. RobertHoover

I think you will.

16. baccarat

baccarat Adam the Quarterback

Clayton is not a moron, but the Jets/Jag game will be boring.

17. Samphin

Samphin Dolphins Homer

Since when did Buffalo have enough balls to talk trash to any Miami fan. Hey Buffalo why don't you focus on your own issues, you know like trying to win more than 1 game this season, then come back and talk to us.

Oh yeah about the "insiders" such as Clayton and Mortenson...all they do is pick one thing one week then use that hindsight is 20/20 deal. Their picks from week to week are so inconsistent you would think they were the Buffaol Bills Offense :lol:

18. RobertHoover

I'm so sorry snot-nose, I wasn't aware or your no talking rule. Well I'll make sure to be more respectful in the futher.

What a ****.

19. breckenridge55

breckenridge55 K-STATE PHIN

20. RobertHoover

His predictions are terrible. Thats not the point though.

For the record, show me anyone who thought the Jets would get pasted 75-10 in two weeks, the Rams would be 0-3 and the Panthers would be 3-0 or the Pats would win the SB last year. **** happens in the NFL.

21. dolphan39

was this posted....

Not-done-yet Rams featured in Week 3 top-five lists by :bandwagon Mort

22. RobertHoover

See there, now Mort isn't such a bad guy.

23. dolphan39

your're just saying that cause he has Bledsoe 5th in the MVP race ;)

24. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I think him leaving it out of the top 10 is a vote of confidence in the Dolphins. Really, the game shouldn't be very close. The Dolphins are more talented and disciplined. The Chiefs have nowhere close to our defensive talent, and their offensive talent can't really be said to be better than ours either.

I wonder what the Vegas line is on this game. I tend to trust Vegas implicitly. They gave us a big line against the Yets and so I predicted we'll win big, and lo and behold when the game played out we saw that all the talk of the streak and everything was just smoke and mirrors because the bottom line was this time around the Dolphins were just the outright BETTER TEAM. The Jets simply could not keep up, and were and are inferior. If the KC line is 5 or more, it shows that once again, talk of KC being tough is just talk. Thats what I tend to think. Priest ran all over the Pats because two of their top LBers were out of the game.

25. RobertHoover

Right now your giving 3 points CKP

26. Samphin

Samphin Dolphins Homer

Another reason not to trust Robert Hoover...he is from Jersey...nuff said :lol:

27. Dajesus

Dajesus A True Fan

Clayton, one of the most respected “insiders†in the game is a moron for not liking the Miami game Sunday, a game who’s outcome has little overall significance. The Chiefs, even with a win are going nowhere and the Fish, even with a loss are in the playoff hunt all year. The games he normally picks have something to do with the grand scheme of things in the NFL or they are shown on his network (it pays the bills). Face the fact that every week two of his games will be the Sunday and Monday night game.

I see your point on suspecting a homer. I just don't see in this case. I have to ask you what significance the Jets-Jags will have on the NFL or the Saints-Lions, and most of all the Vikings-Seahawks. I don't see how you can already count out the Cheifs since they were one play away from having the same record as the SB frontrunning Pats. If you look at it as a non Dolphin fan or non Cheif fan you still have a battle of the 2 top rbs in the NFL, and 2 offenses that are among the top 5 in scoring.

28. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

yeah ya know clump, your absolutely right. in fact, we dont have many good defenses to play in the future either. we got the jets again. we got KC this week. We got minnestoa toward the end of the season, and we got the buffalo chips twice!!! :lol:

29. RobertHoover

I know its after the fact so I'll only hit on the points you brought up. The Jets/Jags was important because the Jets were expected to do something and if they get beat (which they did) their season is over (which it is IMO), the Saints/Lions was because Joey Harrington's first start, the Vikings because the Moss. I think the Fish/KC matchup was important but that comes from an AFC East guy. Nationall I can see it being on the back burner.