John Clayton isnt dumb after all..Edge IS coming to Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton isnt dumb after all..Edge IS coming to Miami

well he does have a point.

After last season when ronnie for the last 6 games he played in wasnt even a factor basically and did nothing, the vet moved trhe ball well.

I dont think the Edge is the player we need cause he needs to be the #1 undisputed feature back on his team. 1500+ yards many seasons isnt someone to share carries.

A guy like Kevan Barlow if avaliable could help us out.

Cannonboy said:
The heck with edge, lets get Shaun Alexander.
And Brady to back up Both of the Manning brother. They all want to come here since we will have TO and an offensive line made up of all pro bowlers.

MikeO said:
For an incentive loaded contract it wouldn't be stupid.

Ronnie shared carries at Auburn. Shared them last year in Miami. I am not confident in Ronnie as a featured back getting the bulk of carries. That isn't a knock on Ronnie, but having someone like Edge for a year or two wouldn't hurt until we build Ronnie up to a full-time NFL RB!
:yeahthat:

Sure, lets trade one pothead for another!!! Did anyone not see his NFL Total Access appearance?? Ive never seen a man more toasted in my life..

CChambers7284 said:
well he does have a point.

After last season when ronnie for the last 6 games he played in wasnt even a factor basically and did nothing, the vet moved trhe ball well.

I dont think the Edge is the player we need cause he needs to be the #1 undisputed feature back on his team. 1500+ yards many seasons isnt someone to share carries.

A guy like Kevan Barlow if avaliable could help us out.

Perhaps Saban down played Ronnie's role and over played Ricky's in hopes for an offseason trade.

Not like that matters now.....:shakeno:

MiamiMan147 said:
Um no, Edge isn't coming here. We have this other guy, named Ronnie Brown. You may have heard of him.

i think we will get a decent RB for depth and spend that money on something else.

Ace88 said:
Perhaps for Drew Brees. :evil:

Now there's a novel idea. But it's not keeping with the thread's rational.

What we need to do is sign Drew Brees, then trade for Marc Bulger.

Muck said:
Now there's a novel idea. But it's not keeping with the thread's rational.

What we need to do is sign Drew Brees, then trade for Marc Bulger.

And pick up McNair to groom them both!

dolphan117 said:
And Brady to back up Both of the Manning brother. They all want to come here since we will have TO and an offensive line made up of all pro bowlers.
:sidelol:

Muck said:
At what point do we let Ronnie start earning his $19 million bonus??

We've got a bonafied franchise back. Having two is a LUXURY, not a necessity.

Here's an idea: How about we spend that big James money on.....wait for it.....a position of need.
I was gonna post this but you beat me to it....we got Ronnie and I like Harris too as a back up...the only bad thing is we didn't get a pick for Ricky but he costed 2 1st round picks :shakeno:

Ozzy rules!!

MikeO said:
For an incentive loaded contract it wouldn't be stupid.

Ronnie shared carries at Auburn. Shared them last year in Miami. I am not confident in Ronnie as a featured back getting the bulk of carries. That isn't a knock on Ronnie, but having someone like Edge for a year or two wouldn't hurt until we build Ronnie up to a full-time NFL RB!

So I guess Reggie Bush and Lendale White will never be featured backs because they shared carries. Ditto for Cadillac Williams.

Miami has greater needs than adding E. James.....this is a luxury that y'all really cannot afford. An inexpensive veteran back-up...yes...now that Ricky has failed yet again.

Back
Top Bottom