John Elway says Broncos among best defenses in NFL history | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Elway says Broncos among best defenses in NFL history

NY8123

The Fixer
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think? I have my opinions for sure. Are they in the conversation?

John Elway says Broncos among best defenses in NFL history

The Broncos showed they were the best defense in the NFL over the course of the 2015 season and the playoffs.
And the man who built them thinks they deserve to be considered among the best of all-time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-broncos-among-best-defenses-in-nfl-history/

To me having watched both teams play, I have to still go number 1) 2000 Raven's 1.5) 85 Bears.

The only reason I rank the Raven's better than the Bears is that the Bears offense was far superior to the Ravens and I wonder how well the Bears would have been if they were as handicapped by their offense.

That 2000 Ravens defense simply won games because the offense couldn't.

They had a great run in postseason, they had an excellent year but I don't think they belong in the conversion w/ the '85 Bears, '00 ravens, '02 Bucs or the 70s Steelers.

They had a great run in postseason, they had an excellent year but I don't think they belong in the conversion w/ the '85 Bears, '00 ravens, '02 Bucs or the 70s Steelers.

You didn't feel like that defense didn't need their offense to win until the Super Bowl. With all of those other D's that feeling was carried over the entire year.

You didn't feel like that defense didn't need their offense to win until the Super Bowl. With all of those other D's that feeling was carried over the entire year.

They carried that O pretty much all year but I didn't feel like Den dominated all year or most of the year like those other Ds. could just be my perception but I really didn't see all time great when I watched them during the season.

What do you guys think? I have my opinions for sure. Are they in the conversation?

To me having watched both teams play, I have to still go number 1) 2000 Raven's 1.5) 85 Bears.

The only reason I rank the Raven's better than the Bears is that the Bears offense was far superior to the Ravens and I wonder how well the Bears would have been if they were as handicapped by their offense.

That 2000 Ravens defense simply won games because the offense couldn't.

I agree. '15 Broncos D will certainly be in Top 5-10 discussion but they're not in the All-Time Greatest conversation. That belongs to the two you listed above.

No mention of the Seahawks D? In defense of the Denver D's regular season, Ware missed some time, and they weren't nearly as good without him.

Don't forget these guys

12020no20name_zpsfncyubwu-1.jpg

I believe they deserve to be in the conversation

Back
Top Bottom