Jonas Gray | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonas Gray

Hey I root for everyone in a Dolphin uniform, Jonas Gray and Daniel Thomas included. It's still early. If Gray didn't have the long 29 yard run everybody here would be saying he had 6 carries for 12 yards for a 2.0 average and didn't look good, so I take some fans reaction with a grain of salt. I think both will be on a NFL roster come openning day, the question is which one will be in Miami. I'm rooting for them both either way.

Hmmmm! I question his vision... Several times he had the chance to bounce to the outside for big gains, and he did not!!!!

Hey I root for everyone in a Dolphin uniform, Jonas Gray and Daniel Thomas included..

Me too.

I'm not proclaiming Gray as something special just it was nice to see the kid play well after sitting all of last year recovering from a nasty injury
Thomas , Gray and Gillislee will duke it out for the probably two RB spots behind Miller.

May the best men win .. :brewskis:

But he did have that 37 yard run. D Thomas on the other hand did not and he probably never will.

Great attitude and I liked how he identified the strengths and weaknesses of his performance against the Cowboys. Sometimes you see these guys get asked what they have to work on and they say "everything." That's no kind of answer. You don't get up in the morning and work on everything. You get up and work on one or two things at a time.

Gray knew the specific positives and negatives and based on his answers seems to be taking to the coaching very well, which is a great sign. The only place where I'd disagree with him is that he seemed to think he wasn't patient enough on certain runs. I need to go back and look at just his stuff again but I don't recall that, personally. What I saw was a guy who when he erred, it was by dancing too much. There's one carry in the red zone that particularly stands out in my memory.

Jonas Gray is exactly what he thinks he is (at least intellectually): a power back. He can break through tackles without even slowing down if don't get more than a 1/4 of him, but sometimes he runs as if he's playing two hand touch. That needs to get ironed out of him completely. But if he has another game like he had against the Cowboys and he'll be splitting time with Daniel Thomas in practice, imo, which would be a great thing.

Hmmmm! I question his vision... Several times he had the chance to bounce to the outside for big gains, and he did not!!!!

Maybe more of a power runner. We'll get to see him play a lot as Miller got dinged a little at practiise today.

When we picked up Gray and drafted Miller CK called them "Thunder and Lightning"
Might be a good inside outside tandem. We'll shall see.

FWIW as a negative I don't think he looked quite as explosive as he looked in college. Just a bit sluggish. It could have been nerves but there's also the possibility he won't be quite the same guy he was at Notre Dame.

[video=youtube;58GhK358UUQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58GhK358UUQ[/video]

Daniel Thomas and Michael Egnew strike me as players that could blossom some place else and fans here will whine "we should have kept them." I want to see how many running backs, tight ends and receivers we keep. I'm like a kid in a pet store, I want to keep all the puppies. I know somebody has to go.
I'm thinking running backs - three, receivers - five, tight ends - three. I'm not counting Clay as a tight end, instead I have him battling Evan Rodriguez for the fullback job. I'm also not counting Marcus Thigpin as a back or a receiver, I'm just counting him as a returner who can help in a pinch at the other two positions.

But he did have that 37 yard run. D Thomas on the other hand did not and he probably never will.

For the record the Gray run was 29 yards and Thomas' longest carry last year was 32 yards.

Correction: His longest carry was 20 yards the 32 yard gain was a reception.

Obligatory at this point to link the videos I made when he came out...

[video=youtube;8MJOq1SdBcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MJOq1SdBcc[/video]
[video=youtube;83wet2qcq4E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83wet2qcq4E[/video]

Hey I root for everyone in a Dolphin uniform, Jonas Gray and Daniel Thomas included. It's still early. If Gray didn't have the long 29 yard run everybody here would be saying he had 6 carries for 12 yards for a 2.0 average and didn't look good, so I take some fans reaction with a grain of salt. I think both will be on a NFL roster come openning day, the question is which one will be in Miami. I'm rooting for them both either way.

Well said my friend I completely agree!

Back
Top Bottom