Jonathan Martin has come a long way since pre-season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonathan Martin has come a long way since pre-season

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
I honestly didnt think he would be this solid 5 weeks through the season with all those pre-season issues i am pretty excited for the future of this team seems like the first 2 picks of last years draft have been major home runs imo.

Speaking of the unexpected success of the right side of the line. How about some props to John Jerry. That guy went from near bust status to a decent lineman in one year. Lets hope these guys keep their fire and continue to improve.

Ireland got it right this draft. You take the QB in the FIRST ROUND and the OT in the SECOND.

Move Martin to LT next season and let Long walk if Long wants too much money.

thats not gonna happen. Philbin keeps people around that fit the makeup. What in your opinion thinks Long doesnt fit the makeup. Issue will not be money and dont be surprised to see Long take less money than the first deal for the sake of the team. It still would be a ton of millions but the dude wont want to leave after picking up this coach and QB.

i believe there are certain coaches that can get the most out of players and Philbin may be one of those coaches. Seems like most players on this team have stepped it up a notch.

It just took martin a few games to adjust to the nfl. It's alot different blocking a 20 year old kid than it is blocking a nfl de. He's coming along very well.

thats not gonna happen. Philbin keeps people around that fit the makeup. What in your opinion thinks Long doesnt fit the makeup. Issue will not be money and dont be surprised to see Long take less money than the first deal for the sake of the team. It still would be a ton of millions but the dude wont want to leave after picking up this coach and QB.

Why would Martin (or his agent) want to stay at RT when he has the ability to be a very good LT? His future earning potential is being impeded by his switch to RT. At some point in the next 2-3 yrs the phins have to make a big decision. Its not that difficult to find good RT

Because it's always about the money and it's always an issue. Jake Long doesn't seem like he'll ever be 100% again so it only makes sense for him to try and get as much as he can in what will probably be his last long term deal.

How on earth do you know what his long term fitness will be like? Long is a number 1 draft pick, is the leader of this offense, is one of the most respected players in the NFL and there isnt even a chance that he will leave the Dolphins.

The thing wiith Martin is you almost never hear his name called...which is a damn good thing when you're an O-Lineman! By the way, I think Dolphin fans who bash Jake Long should be drawn and quartered.

How on earth do you know what his long term fitness will be like? Long is a number 1 draft pick, is the leader of this offense, is one of the most respected players in the NFL and there isnt even a chance that he will leave the Dolphins.

Really? No chance he leaves? I'm telling you money changes all that stuff you mentioned. I will not be shocked if Jake Long is on another team next season with a fat contract.

J Jerry & J Martin have done a nices job on that right side,as for Jake L. not going anywhere his an high character guy, a natural leader on the O line,U don't get rid of players like those..THIS HOW U WIN IN THIS LEAGUE

Back
Top Bottom