Jonathan Martin Is Not An NFL Starting Caliber OT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonathan Martin Is Not An NFL Starting Caliber OT

Elliott 1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/02/04/rookie-recap-afc-east/

and he may very well never be one.

Sorry, but this just plain fact. Not only did he grade out poorly he actually led the league in QB hurries given up.

There is a good chance that he will be a total bust.

People on this sight need to get in touch with reality and stop penciling him in as a reliable starter.

It is far more likely the Dolphins need starters at both tackle positions because Jerry isn't the answer at OT and Garner is worse than Martin on the outside.

People should stop thinking the Dolphins are going to spend 20 mil in cap on WR's and use the #12 pick on WR's as well.

Is there anybody out there in touch with reality who has an answer for the 2013 Dolphins OT positions???????????

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/02/04/rookie-recap-afc-east/

and he may very well never be one.

Sorry, but this just plain fact. Not only did he grade out poorly he actually led the league in QB hurries given up.

There is a good chance that he will be a total bust.

People on this sight need to get in touch with reality and stop penciling him in as a reliable starter.

It is far more likely the Dolphins need starters at both tackle positions because Jerry isn't the answer at OT and Garner is worse than Martin on the outside.

People should stop thinking the Dolphins are going to spend 20 mil in cap on WR's and use the #12 pick on WR's as well.

Is there anybody out there in touch with reality who has an answer for the 2013 Dolphins OT positions???????????

Perhaps you should dispense with premature and emphatic statements and actually study NFL history. Your idiotic post suggests that no rookie in NFL history has ever been able to develop his game. Your post suggests that what a player does his rookie yr, reflects the rest of his career. Drew Brees would probably disagree with you, because he looked completely clueless his rookie yr.

I thought most of his troubles came early in games but then he settled in. He needs to get stronger but to say he is not NFL calibre because of those stats is silly.

Perhaps you should dispense with premature and emphatic statements and actually study NFL history. Your idiotic post suggests that no rookie in NFL history has ever been able to develop his game. Your post suggests that what a player does his rookie yr, reflects the rest of his career. Drew Brees would probably disagree with you, because he looked completely clueless his rookie yr.

:hclap:

I was going to insult you by saying he has a better chance of becoming an NFL Caliber OT then you do at becoming an Allstar Poster but I decided to take the high road and not insult anyone.
Chubbs

Yes he is. I like Martin. Good pick. Liked him before the draft and hope to see more in 13.

Martin did struggle last year, but I think the biggest contributions to those problems were because he was a rookie, he started the majority of the year at right tackle(was a left tackle in college), had to switch positions late in the year and his lacks elite strength at this point. Strength can be improved with a full offseason of training, he will be solidified at either the right or left tackle position this spring(depending on what they do with Jake Long) and he will have had a full 16 games of NFL starting experience.

I'm not willing to throw in the towel on Martin until we see him after a 2nd full NFL offseason. It will say a lot about his drive if he comes back stronger. It's silly to think he will automatically be better than Jake Long, even the current version, though. That remains to be seen big time.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion which may or may not be born out over the long haul. However, just so there's no one around here who might associate it as a statement of fact, in the future kindly use the above "post tag" to categorize it appropriately.

Also, for those who still might be inclined to mistake your premises as gospel, it really wouldn't be not so bad an idea to further confirm the same by using the following available smiley ..

:imho: (colonIMHOcolon).

Thank you in advance for your consideration :up:

Martin made HUGE strides from what we saw in preseason to what we saw at the end of the year . . . . and that included a flop from RT to LT. He needs to get stronger, but he has the feet to be a real good LT and he really fits the type of LT that tends to be successful in the system we run. If he puts in the work this offseason, I could see him being a solid OT come next year.

well, i'll go on record and state that in fact Martin WILL be one of the starting OTs next year ... sorry. I do think we saw that at this point - he is better suited for LT, regardless of his overall stats or performance. Will he be Long as he was in his first 2 years in the league -- ummm, no - but then again, neither is Long. He has to get stronger and better this offseason ... i don't think anyone disagrees with that.

what needs to happen quickly is for the FO to determine whether or not they will resign Long and keep Martin at RT, because if that is so -- he will need the entire offseason to work @ RT. it can't be a camp decision thing ... that is for sure.

Even if what you say about Martin is true, does he represent better value for the Dolphins than paying Long $10+ million a year? I did not notice much of a drop off in overall production when Martin came in.

I don't believe we keep Jake Long, unless he really signs less of a deal to prove his health to the Dolphins and other teams. I also wouldn't sleep on the progress of Will Yeatman. He was very solid blocking TE that has gained the weight and has been practicing behind the scenes fully as a OT and actually was kept over a couple of full fledged tackles last preseason.

Back
Top Bottom