Jordan and JT Discussion | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordan and JT Discussion

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Jordan is listed at 6'6" and 248. JT was listed at 6'6" and 250. IMO, if either one bulked up to 270, they would not be the players they could be or were.

JT came in with DE pass rush moves, after playing the position in College, although a small school. Jordan comes in with only an outside speed rush but, cover skills. They are somewhat alike but different.

I think Jordan is more what JT became with Saban, and not what he was when he was drafted.

I think you're exactly right, certainly about JT becoming a more effective, more disruptive and more of a multiple threat once Saban arrived. Granted Taylor was a very good DE prior to Saban getting his hands on him, that is the vision I would have for Jordan.

A couple of things, Taylor was quite good against the run and deceptively strong, capable of setting the edge. Jordan will have to prove he is capable of these things and we should not expect that he is good at everything from the get go. But, as and athlete, with his size and motor, hopefully with his work ethic, he will become an even better version of Taylor.

Frankly, I don't like the idea of Jordan as strictly a DE as that limits his potential.

I just hope we don't put too much pressure on this kid.
I think he's going to be special, but I don't look for him to be a total package his first year. He has a lot to learn, strength to build and technique to prefect, so while I'm excited about him, I'm willing to be patient and will try to keep myself in check on my inevitable comparisons to JT.

I just hope we don't put too much pressure on this kid.
I think he's going to be special, but I don't look for him to be a total package his first year. He has a lot to learn, strength to build and technique to prefect, so while I'm excited about him, I'm willing to be patient and will try to keep myself in check on my inevitable comparisons to JT.
That's why it's going to be so beneficial to him playing across from wake. During tc and practice he gets to learn from one of the best, and on game day cam will be getting the double teams, leaving Jordan isolated on a bigger slower tackle where he can really use his athleticism

please stop with the JT comparisons, let the kid be Dion Jordan - being the thrid voerall pick is enough pressure

Back
Top Bottom