Jordan Matthews? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jordan Matthews?

twistedjay

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Jordan Matthews, wr vanderbilt? I watch a lot of vandy games and the guy is absolutely dominant.

He is the sole legitimate receiving threat on a sec team with a mediocre qb. I think he's about 6'3" and terrific at using his size to fight for the ball. He's not a burner, but I'd guess he's about a 4.5 40.

I think he is everything we lack at wr. A true #1 win option wr. I see him as a poor man's brandon marshall with excellent character.

This draft is stacked with quality wrs. We have to get one of them.

There are bigger problems than wr, and with a deep draft I'd say it's more an opportunity than a must. I think O line, safety, and TE are bigger issues.

There are bigger problems than wr, and with a deep draft I'd say it's more an opportunity than a must. I think O line, safety, and TE are bigger issues.
There are always bigger problems than WRs when it comes to Dolphins or some posters. It's starts with the GM.

I like Jordan Matthews a lot. And I don't subscribe to the "bigger issues" theory. This is looking to be one of the better WR classes in a while, just as next year looks to be one of the better RB classes. You don't take at least one of these guys, you'll end up paying for it.

I agree about having bigger issues than wr. I certainly would not have a problem with a round one OT.

I just see Matthews as a guy that could drop if he doesn't have a great 40. Possibly this years keenan allen.

All I'm saying is I wouldn't go in focused on a WR. Obviously if Matthews is available as a good value you'd consider him. It's not a zero sum issue where, since WR is alright for us, you have no interest in drafting a WR. But if he's sitting there next to someone of equal quality who is an O lineman or DB, the WR is probably 3rd on the list.

I hope we get a wide receiver or a top flight, seam stretching tight end. Mike Wallace has proven to be a complimentary guy, which is okay as long as the team can get that player who can go up and win one-on-one battles. That's what's missing on the offense. Evans and Coleman are two that come to mind in that regard. I haven't seen Matthews other than highlights.

I think with 4/5 of the offensive line needing upgrades, the Dolphins have to get some help there in free agency. Maybe Brandon Albert ends up in a Dolphins uniform after all. That would give the team some flexibility to go after the best player rather than having to fill a need. In this draft, the best player might end up being on the offensive line or a DT.

I like Jordan Matthews a lot. And I don't subscribe to the "bigger issues" theory. This is looking to be one of the better WR classes in a while, just as next year looks to be one of the better RB classes. You don't take at least one of these guys, you'll end up paying for it.

Every position could be upgraded, in some way. Wide receiver is no exception, and so far, the wide receiver position is stacking up to be one of the best in years. You cannot pass that up if you want to be a great team, but you can't reach, either.

Back
Top Bottom