Jovorskie Lane | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jovorskie Lane

RZA

Scout Team
Reaction score
What was everyone's take on him last season and how do you feel he will do this season. I was uber-excited after some of the straight up bombs he delivered on would be tacklers in pre-season but he didn't show much during the regular season and I even recall him being blown-up (vs Jets/Pats) on a number of occaisions.

Philben/Sherman's offence don't heavily feature the full-back but John Kuhn has had a nice career, has a ring and is a pro-bowler, J-Train's blocking looked ok but he whiffed a good few and didn't make the impact I hoped. I thought he was very inconsistent but I really like his potential.

Jovorskie started off well last year and was springing holes left and right for Reggie and Lamar Miller. As the year went on, he wore down, thus becoming less effective. I guess that's to be somewhat expected when you take a year or 2 off of football and then goto the NFL.

While personally i love Jovorskie, i think Charles Clay would be a good look and make the offense wholly more versatile. I don't think he has Jovorskie's running blocking instincts, but what he lacks there he makes up for in pass catching ability.

Played well in the beginning but his play tailed off, as mentioned above.

I wonder if hes got good hands. Anybody remember Tom Rathman (49ers) leading the way for Roger Craig in the 49ers version of the WCO?

Watching him play, it seemed to me that JL got dinged in the middle of the year -- as in slight concussion -- and then his play fell off from there. Playing a lot of football, it just looked that way -- like a guy will act when he gets dinged but doesn't want to say anything about it and keeps playing.

Just imo,

LD

I'm looking for Jovorskie to improve (and come into camp in better condition) or look around to find an upgrade at Fullback. When Polite first arrived in Miami he was consistently able to make short yardage first downs. It would be great to find another FB who consistently delivered.
Don't be surprised if JI find some competition for Jorvorskie in the offseason. (Maybe after Jovorskie helps to attract his half-brother, Jermichael Finley, to the Dolphins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like his potential role in this offense, but he hit some serious rough patches last year. I hope he turns it around fast because a dude that big with a name like Jorvorskie is born to be a quality FB.

Harvard kid at the senior bowl would be an upgrade. Jorvorskie is huge but can't pound the rock or sustain a block. He's real good at knocking out 3rd string DBs though and ending the careers of those on the cusp. In fact, I wouldn't be opposed at all to drafting Kyle Juszczyk.

I like the guy but I'd like to see him slim down, he carries too much weight and I think that is what you saw toward the end of the season, that and the fact he had been out of football. I'm curious to see how he reports to camp after on off season knowing he is playing football in the spring. Everyone can get into that "woe is me, **** it mode" from time to time and I think Lane was about to give up on football when Sherman decided to dusted him off and give him a look.

If this kid gets stronger and slims down to around 255, I don't think Miami will have to worry about scoring from 1st and goal inside the 5 for quite some time or 3rd and 4th and less than 2.

Here is a great read on why I think Lane tears it up in the 2013 season:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ie-lane-doing-most-second-174959779--nfl.html

Did a good job, good blocker, dont forget he was a rookie this year.

Back
Top Bottom