JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II.... | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

All are four video boards going to be the exact same size? Because I just looked at the cam and it looks like the one on the left is smaller than the one on the right.

Yes, they are the same size but distance and angle will make them look different based on there the camera is. To get the true perspective the camera would need to be centered in the endzone looking down the field.

Random photos from Twitter...

Cmie6LZXgAA3jjE.jpg:large

Cmm38cbWIAASu8C.jpg

Per Hank Goldberg the stadium situation is very dicey and regular season games could be at risk...

The Dolphins’ first regular season home game will be played on Sept. 25, when the Cleveland Browns come to visit Miami. But, judging by the progress made, or not being made, on the team’s new stadium, there are some wondering if the Fins will have a home to host them in at that late stage.

According to Miami-based sports personality Hank Goldberg, the Dolphins could not only miss out on playing their exhibition season in their new building, but could miss out on some important regular season games, as well.

“The official word from the Dolphins’ management is, ‘It’s gonna be tight,’” Goldberg told CBS Sports this week. “But they’re working round the clock to get it ready.”

The Dolphins already know they’ll play their first home preseason game in Orlando, but their second is still currently in doubt. The franchise will share their new stadium with the Miami Hurricanes, who are increasingly worried about when they will be able to play in it, and the possibility of having to find a temporary home for the duration.

“The University of Miami is very concerned, because their home opener against Florida A&M will be played at FAU, and their Florida State game is scheduled for Oct. 8,” Goldberg added. “There are some who say the stadium may not be ready until November. The University of Miami doesn’t want to lose its home game against Florida State -- that’s a big payday for them and they’re already looking into the prospect of having to move that game to Orlando.

“That’s huge money, and now you’re talking about a legal situation between them and the Dolphins that could arise.”

Will the Dolphins even be able to play their early regular season engagements in their new building? While the team remains optimistic, Goldberg and others need some convincing. The opener against Cleveland is very much in doubt.

“Now, scheduling for the Dolphins, Sept. 25 it’s Cleveland, Oct. 9 it’s Tennessee, and Steelers are Oct. 16. If they start to lose home games like that, those aren’t schedules that they can flip-flop, because those teams aren’t division games. And they may be in the same situation New Orleans was when they had the hurricane [Katrina, in 2005] there and they had no home to play in for a while.

“They’re looking at a real dicey situation,” Goldberg said.

http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Dolphins-new-stadium-in-a-real-dicey-situation-46104978

Per Hank Goldberg the stadium situation is very dicey and regular season games could be at risk...

http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Dolphins-new-stadium-in-a-real-dicey-situation-46104978

Got a chance to talk about the roof with my cousin on The 4th of July. They were supposed to start late last week, but they were delayed again and are working Elsewhere until the green light is given.

The thing that caught my attention the most is, he was being told that it is potentially a 3 to 4 month project. Now who knows what exactly the roofing portion of the stadium project entails, and maybe it can be something that isn't severe enough to not play games, but it is looking more likely that some form of work on the stadium will still performed heading into the regular season and beyond.

They are definitely behind schedule though. The wettest January on record this year really put them behind and they haven't been able to catch up.

Well, ****... If it's not one thing it's another with this franchise.

Got a chance to talk about the roof with my cousin on The 4th of July. They were supposed to start late last week, but they were delayed again and are working Elsewhere until the green light is given.

The thing that caught my attention the most is, he was being told that it is potentially a 3 to 4 month project. Now who knows what exactly the roofing portion of the stadium project entails, and maybe it can be something that isn't severe enough to not play games, but it is looking more likely that some form of work on the stadium will still performed heading into the regular season and beyond.

They are definitely behind schedule though. The wettest January on record this year really put them behind and they haven't been able to catch up.

Good info.

Not surprising, though. Once you're behind enough that you're going 24 hours a day every little bump that slows you down is added onto the end of the project. You no longer have the ability to make up for lost time. Maybe we'll get the full story down the road but either they drastically underestimated the amount of time certain things would take or something got screwed up that they had to redo that left them really far behind. My bet is the former.

Like I said at the beginning, it's harder doing these fixes than doing things right in the first place. Many more unknowns when you start pulling apart 30 year old structures and trying to build on top of them.

Thanks. Great info.
Keep us updated. :up:

So, let's summarize:
our football operations is in a 20-year rebuilding mode. And now the stadium is in a 15-year rebuilding mode. :lol:

Seriously though, the Dolphins should be more forthcoming. If there is any chance or any risk to the regular season games at least season ticket holders should be informed so we can make alternative plans.

Very ambitious project and schedule....no one's really at fault here.

My only thought is that the first 2-3 home games should have been division battles that could have been flipped.

Very ambitious project and schedule....no one's really at fault here.

My only thought is that the first 2-3 home games should have been division battles that could have been flipped.

How in the hell could no one be at fault? :lol:

How in the hell could no one be at fault? :lol:

Construction project schedules of this size can only be estimated, never guaranteed...there are just too many variables, such as weather. Last season the Cubs were without their full bleachers at Wrigley Field until midseason due to similar delays.

Back
Top Bottom