Juice's Annual Offseason/Draft Blog

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by juicifer1269, Feb 23, 2010.

1. juicifer1269

juicifer1269 Starter

With the offseason starting in less than 2 weeks, its just about time to start thinking about what the Dolphins should do.
    In free agency, I think the Dolphins should make going after ILB Carlos Dansby their #1 priority. Dansby fills a position of need and allows us to go after the BPA in the draft in April. If the Dolphins are unable to sign Dansby, Larry Foote who was released by the Lions had 3-4 ILB experience from his time in Pittsburgh. Foote is only 29 and would be a sloid 2nd option to Dansby. Gary Brackett, 29, from Indianapolis is another ILB option.
    The next free agent the Dolphins should target is Antrel Rolle. Rolle wants to move closer to his family who live in South Florida. Signing Rolle means the Dolphins can cut ties with Gibril Wilson, who in my opinion was nowhere near worth his hefty salary.
    If the Dolphins can sign Dansby or another ILB and Rolle, they can truly draft best player available instead of maybe reaching for need.

Now to the draft......

If Dez Bryant is available when the Dolphins pick, I think it is a no-brainer but I dont expect him to be there so,

1. Brandon Graham OLB/DE Michigan
    2. Terrance Cody NT Alabama
    3. Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
    4. Ed Dickson TE Oregon
    6. Myron Rolle SS FSU
    6. Cameron Sheffield OLB Troy
    6. Ted Larson OG NC State
    7. CJ Wilson DE East Carolina
    7. Jamar Wall CB Texas Tech

2. state06

state06 A True Fan

good draft. alot of IFs tho. Rolle could go in the 2nd or in the 6th where you have him, also, Benn will be gone if not in the 1st then def. in the 2nd. and i dont see dickson there in the 4th. i would move to get Jimmy Graham or Dickson in the 3rd, and possibly another linebacker in the 4th.

3. skipp2myloo13

skipp2myloo13 Rookie

Since Benn wont be there in the 3rd send it to Arizona for Q. Dansby is a must, IMO. Rolle isnt anything special-he doesnt cover very well but does make good "stat plays" he is an upgrade, but at what cost?

4. ColonelJ

ColonelJ Well-Known Member

Do you have a link that Larry Foote was released? All indications are that Detroit wants to keep him. (Larry Foote was released by the Steelers a year ago. He is a FA and we should definately sign him.)

5. skipp2myloo13

skipp2myloo13 Rookie

im pretty sure he wasnt released.

6. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

I love everyone you mentioned except Terrance Cody who is going to eat himself into an early grave. We cannot draft a part-timer in round two and unless Cody losses the weight that's all he will be is a part-timer. I hope we get Dansby....Rolle might be a little expensive. B. Graham would be my first pick over McClain....so I hope he is there.

7. newlownorder

newlownorder Hoof Hearted

benn in the 3rd? drinking that gin and juice?