Juice's Ideal Offseason/Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by juicifer1269, Feb 25, 2013.

1. juicifer1269

juicifer1269 Starter

With all of the free agent and draft threads being started, I decided to try to create a realistic off season plan for the Dolphins.

First, Ill start off with team re-signings and cuts

I think Jake Long should be franchised. I know $15 million is a big #, but tagging Long gives the Dolphins the opportunity to groom a rookie and give Yeatman and Martin another year to develop. If Long stay injury free and plays all year, or comes even close to his previous All-Pro form, we can decide next year what to do with him. The worst case scenario would be that Long gets injured again and we let him go next year. The best case scenario is that he returns to his previous form and we can attempt to sign him to a deal similar to his rookie contract. Long's salary was never an issue until he started getting injured the last 2 years.

I would cut Richard Marshall, Kevin Burnett, Karlos Dansby, and Dan Carpenter. That would result in almost $18 million in cap savings this year.

Re-sign

Brian Hartline 4 years/$20 million
    Matt Moore 2 years/$7 million
    Chris Clemons 4 years/$16 million

Ive struggled whether to tag Starks instead of Long, but I think we can move Odrick back to his natural position at DT.

Free Agents

G Andy Levitre 4 years/$28 million
    WR Mike Wallace 5 years/$58 million
    CB Keenan Lewis 4 years/$16 million
    CB Leodis McKelvin 2 years/$6 Million
    LB Erin Henderson 4 years/$15 million
    LB Dannell Ellerbe 4 years/$17 million
    RB Mike Goodson 3 years/$8 million
    TE Fred Davis 4 years/$20 million

Draft

1. DE Zeke Ansah BYU I'd like to take WR Patterson here but I think he will be gone after his combine showing. Unless Damontre Moore, Bjorn Werner, or Jarvis Jones is available, I think Ansah is the pick.

2. CB Xavier Rhodes FSU

2. WR Robert Woods USC

3. CB/S Davis Amerson NCST

3. T Menelik Watson FSU

4. OG Dallas Thomas TENN

5. RB Marcus Lattimore SC

7. WR Conner Vernon DUKE

7. K Caleb Sturgis FL

Id love to hear comments and opinions.

2. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Woods will be gone by our second second rounder.

Lattimore... I just dont trust the guy to ever stay fit, not with both knees wrecked.

3. TruePoizon

TruePoizon Well-Known Member

i love your Free Agent list, but do you think we have the money for all of them? Thats a big group of good players right there.

4. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

The flip side is that the projection is he will be ready for the 2013 season. That is absolutely incredible. This is a very humble, hard working kid that I would definitely take a shot mid round. Problem is he will go much higher then the 5th and the Fins need to much other help. I would be willing to bet that a team like the Pats, Broncos, Packers or 49ers wind up taking him in the 3d or 4th.

5. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

That's a whole lot of $$$$$$$ and if you franchise Long(GOOD LUCK)
    Did you take into consideration the money need for the draft class (6 million +)plus
    the 3 or so million most teams carry over into the season for player moves?

6. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Should I keep reading?

7. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

You are going to have to double what you give Keenan Lewis . . . and then you cut Dansby and Burnett . . . this has gotta be some kind of ****ed up joke.

8. steveo style

steveo style Scout Team Donator

We are not going to cut both Dansby and Burnett. They may both be overpaid, but they know the defense and they are not liabilities.