Julius Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Julius Thomas

That’s the burning question...

Seems one of the most obvious cuts on this team, and much needed purge.

Hearld confirned he will be cut weeks ago, its just admin

They are still trying to trade him for a bag of doritos but probably will just have to settle for an empty bag that might still have a few crumbs and cheese powder
in it.

I'd honestly roll out a ****ing undrafted free agent over the corpse of what used to be Julius Thomas. He moves like that fat kid in gym class who always has a note from home to not have to dress out.

Thomas has to be as good as gone.

I used to think someone like Gesicki or Goedert could be in play in the second round but not so sure after these WR signings. If we don’t trade anyone then there simply won’t be enough balls to go around.

TE is still a huge need IMO but we probably have our move tight end (Derby) on the roster already and a more complete (Ian Thomas) or blocking (Ryan Izzo) TE could come at a later pick.

Does anyone know if we take any cap hit by cutting him now vs. later ? I'm guessing if not, then you hang onto him until you find a replacement. If we don't take a cap hit cutting him until after the draft, then wait, don't telegraph we are drafting a TE, then cut him. But if we take any kind of cap hit before then . . . . bye bye.

They need the money to get under the cap and he has 2M dead and savings of 4.6M. Another wasted 1 year, 7.5M bust because Mike Tannenbaum.

Back
Top Bottom