June 1 Cuts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

June 1 Cuts

HeavenCent

Active Roster
Reaction score
Looking at each team's salary cap situation, here is my best guess on a few dudes that might get cut and be of interest to Miami. I'm no cap expert, so feel free to chime in:

4. WAS LG Shawn Lauvao - last year of his contract and in a position battle with A Kouandjio; WAS is over right now but will probably cut DeAngelo Hall first which is probably enough to not have to cut Lauvao; if, for some reason they want to keep Hall and Kouandjio takes the reigns, Lauvao may be the odd man out

3. LAR LG Rodger Saffold - Rams have one of the worst cap situations and need to cut salary; Saffold has been a starter but may lose his spot to the Greg Robinson shuffle; too big of a number for a backup

2. PHI C Jason Kelce - it seems like PHI has the worst cap situation and has to make cuts; rumors that PHI could possibly trade Kelce to NO (who just lost their C Unger) for Ingram which would allow PHI to cut Ryan Matthews; Kelce could be nice Pouncey insurance if he gets cut or Matthews could come aboard if Williams becomes an issue

1. DET NT Haloti Ngata - he has a huge number for DET who needs to fix their cap situation; he's not elite but could play as a situational run stuffer

You are correct in watching closely what the Philadelphia Eagles do. They have to cut or trade and they're a mile over the cap - not going to get there just cutting a lot of fringe bodies. Tannenbaum was their trading partner last year pre-Draft when we picked up Maxwell and Kiko Alonso. He may be talking to Howie Roseman again.

Man, how the heck are the Rams and eagles over cap that much but they're both paying their Qbs dittly squat?

All these players are 'high dollar' players. I doubt we move on any of them.

Man, how the heck are the Rams and eagles over cap that much but they're both paying their Qbs dittly squat?

Howie Roseman is a lousy GM, but Iggles fans are so passionate they can't see it. This dude shelled out serious cash for Vinny Curry when he has never even started for them, simply because they were switching to a 4-3 and "projected" he would flourish in that system. No wonder BG is so pissed off, he's way underpaid. Roseman also has a poor draft history, as do the Iggles in general since off the top of my head they have drafted 3 first round busts in recent years in Watkins, Smith, and now Agholor. They would probably cut Agholor, but it's essentially more expensive than keeping him on the team. For all the b******* Dolphins fans have done about our FO over the years, it amazes me that Howie remains so popular in Philly, it must be their fans. He became GM in like 2010 and the team has never one a playoff game since that happened, along with a lot of his terrible FA signings (Nnamdi) and draft picks (Marcus Smith). I don't think he's going to last much longer, that Curry contract could easily do him in with it's ripple effect on the team, Wentz is his only chance at success, and he's highly aware of this. My best friend's an Iggles fan, they're the worst lol.

Good post. Would like Miami to add a veteran run stopping DT. Not sure who else it out there, but Nagata is probably too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom