Just a thought | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

feelthepain

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Maybe consider voting on a montly basis on Mod performances. Reason, because some MODs need to be governed like the members to keep them from abusing their power and keep them in line aswell, remember the members aren't the only ones that step out of line. Just a thought, not only would it keep the Mods from thinking they are untouchable, but the members will have a little more interaction with the site and will feel like they have a little more importance to this site. It also helps the Mods realize their job is not a right, but a prvililege.

Each mod is monitored by all other mods and admin. If they step out of line the problem caused will be fixed. (If it is in fact an actual problem). This way members can't just vote against a mod simply because that mod moved, edited or merged one of their threads and they're holding a grudge.

darkmistress said:
This way members can't just vote against a mod simply because that mod moved, edited or merged one of their threads and they're holding a grudge.

Thats why voting should be installed. That way if one or two people have an issue with one Mod it won't be enough to dislodge that Mod. It would also expose patterns if Mods abuse their power because they would have more votes against them every month. However it would allow the masses to vote and Mods that always feel like they have to abuse their power it will be obvious. Remember not everyone complains when a mod steps out of line, but if a member was given the ability to vote It would be a little more likely that member steps forward. It also puts a little more on the Mods to do the right thing because if they know they could be voted out they won't just make snap decisions. Instead they will be forced to think before they react to insure the right decsion was made, IMO it's a win/ win idea. I'm sure the members would love the idea.

I don't think it would help if the mods had to worry about repercussions from biter members every time they are forced to take action. There are some people who would hold grudges and start campaigns against a mod who gave him/her time off. It would create a bunch of "Finheaven Politics" and a great deal of drama IMO. I would rather just be able to talk to an admin if I felt a mod was abusing their power. That is how it is currently set up right? If a user felt a mod was being unfair he would PM an Admin?

dolphan117 said:
I don't think it would help if the mods had to worry about repercussions from biter members every time they are forced to take action. There are some people who would hold grudges and start campaigns against a mod who gave him/her time off. It would create a bunch of "Finheaven Politics" and a great deal of drama IMO. I would rather just be able to talk to an admin if I felt a mod was abusing their power. That is how it is currently set up right? If a user felt a mod was being unfair he would PM an Admin?

Really, maybe the NFL should chanage their policy on the Refs for the same reason!! Seems like anytime you have peolpe governing other people those people need to be governed themselves for obvious reasons. But this is the suggestion forum and all I'm doin is suggesting.

Just my opinion, :confused2 as always I reserve the right to be wrong and or have no idea what I am talking about. :wink:

Edit-I guess my first post did come across kinda strong, I didn't mean to imply I am some kind of authority on this, it was just my opinion.

dolphan117 said:
Just my opinion, :confused2 as always I reserve the right to be wrong and or have no idea what I am talking about. :wink:

You're not wrong, your opinion is just as important as anyone elses it's an opinion there is no right or wrong. Sometimes ideas work and sometime they don't, but if you don't voice your opinion one things for sure, and that is nothing changes.

feelthepain said:
You're not wrong, your opinion is just as important as anyone elses it's an opinion there is no right or wrong. Sometimes ideas work and sometime they don't, but if you don't voice your opinion one things for sure, and that is nothing changes.
:up:

in case anyone hasn't noticed, Finheaven is NOT a Democracy. It is a Dictatorship, with AJ at the top.

Wildbill3 said:
in case anyone hasn't noticed, Finheaven is NOT a Democracy. It is a Dictatorship, with AJ at the top.

Since you're a Mod, you're obviously making light of this.

Wildbill3 said:

Except during 'Ricky Rumor Season' when it's communist rule ;)

feelthepain said:
Since you're a Mod, you're obviously making light of this.
I'm not making light of anything, being a mod is not a popularity contest, it's very difficult to do the job we do, esp. if we had to worry about being fired everytime we did something unpopular. Mods really are police, (and I don't care what your opinion of police is...) sometimes we get to be the nice cop who helps a little kid get her kitty cat out of tree, and other times we have to be ready to put a perp down, if you don't like it, there are plenty of other forums where anarchy rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom