Joe_robbie#1

Polish Dolphan
Reaction score
2012 Receiving Yards

Brian Hartline
Catches 1,083 Yards
14.6 Avg 1 Touchdown

Calvin Johnson 122 catches 1,964 Yards 16.1 Avg 5 Touchdowns

In no way am I saying that Hartline is on the same level as Megatron. I remember Hartline being wide open and having the ball under or over thrown to him several times. If Tanny completes a couple of those , the touchdowns would be about the same. Take into account how many times the Lions passed the ball and Tanny being a rookie. Also look at Lions offense vs Dolphins. Hartline missed a lot of TC also. I say Pay him 5 Mil/Year and sign Wallace or Jennings. Add a Good TE and our offense would be greatly improved

michaeljordanlaughinggif-1.jpg

Gotcha. We give Hartline credit for every pass that Tannehill may have missed, but we dont do the same for Calvin Johnson's and then we compare them as if they are in the same stratosphere. Makes sense. Why even bring up CJ if you arent comparing them?

Hartline is what he is...a nice player who can makes some nice catches now and then and be a contributor. Nothing more. Hes not even deserving of being in the same thread as a CJ type guy. How many times has Hartline came down with a catch in the endzone on a jump ball or in a tight window? He cant.

I was simply comparing the number of touchdowns. Calvin caught 48 more passes and only had 4 more touchdowns. If Johnson averaged only 5 touchdowns a year would you still call him elite?

I was simply comparing the number of touchdowns. Calvin caught 48 more passes and only had 4 more touchdowns. If Johnson averaged only 5 touchdowns a year would you still call him elite?

CJ's 5 TDs in 14 games was his lowest output since his rookie year. He has had three double digit TD seasons. I think by career numbers its safe to say that his 5 TDs are the anomaly and Hartline's 1 is the norm.

This is a really bad thread.....like really bad

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass on the ground when he hopped.

But that still wouldn't make him a bird.

All i am saying is Hartline's numbers would be better with a true number 1 receiver. It would be funny if Hartline went to the lions lol. If so you could add a few more TDs to his total

Hartline is solid receiver and deserves 5 Mil/year. I am sure someone will pay him and he will put up solid numbers. Why take away someone who Tanny clicks with. Look how Brandon Stokely did. Not an elite receiver but really helped his team

You gotta be kidding me. Johnson is also has to deal with double coverage every single play.

Hartline is solid receiver and deserves 5 Mil/year. I am sure someone will pay him and he will put up solid numbers. Why take away someone who Tanny clicks with. Look how Brandon Stokely did. Not an elite receiver but really helped his team

I don't think anyone's opposed to keeping him at a reasonable price.

And who was the quarterback?

So far in this thread, youve made 3 excuses for Hartline's lack of TDs:
1. Tannehill's poor accuracy
2. No true #1
3. Chad Henne

Maybe Hartline just isnt a receiver thats ever going to be a threat in the redzone?

Back
Top Bottom