Just say no to G. Jennings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just say no to G. Jennings

cane6

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't understand why so many fans are ready to throw huge money at G. Jennings. The packers are smart and locked up Nelson and then drafted Cobb.

Based on production, age and injuries I would not offer Jennings anything over 3yrs at $7mm per with little guaranteed money. He surely will get a better offer elsewhere.

The smarter money is spent on cornerbacks in free agency and then taking two WR's within the first 5 rounds.

for us to be successful we need a true passing offense with several good receivers not a bunch of smurfs and an overpaid aging Greg Jennings.

We need a good FA WR and the draft.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Perhaps you didn't notice how much having veteran receivers helped the other rookie qbs this year. Jennings gives Tannehill the best chance to succeed because he can stretch the field and be reliable. Jennings knows his age and injuries have decreased his value and so does Miami and the rest of his potential new teams. We make a lot of sense for him and have a comfortable amount of cap room. Coupling Jennings with a young stud Wr is a great situation since Jennings was already in an offense that shared the ball a lot. It's not like he is going to be paid top 5 money IMO.

I want Wallace because of his ability to make plays down the field. We need speed. He's also younger than Jennings or Bowe.

I agree. I think at 6-7 million a year I would take him. Otherwise I would go with younger Wallace or bowe.

depends on what he is asking.

just think back to Philbin and Matt Flynn. They came in, put their big number out there, Ireland/Philbin basically said Matt Flynn is worth this. They walked and the agent tweeted something bad about Ireland and co. Matt Flynn sits on the bench for 10 mil. Who won that standstill in the end? Jeff Ireland and Matt Flynn. Who lost? The sucker who took him. Good thing they covered their butts with Wilson. Got lucky.

Everyone will be talking about nothing but this for the next 2 months, but I got a feeling like we are going draft bigtime. Philbin doesnt want disgruntled or overpaid or too old players that he can bank his future as a HC on.

Jennings fits the offense and is a high character player. Which is why I think he is a much more likely signing then Wallace or Bowe.

We need a proven veteran receiver AND a WR drafted high as well as a playmaking TE. We can ill afford to go into the season with a big lack of talent at WR or TE

I agree. I think at 6-7 million a year I would take him. Otherwise I would go with younger Wallace or bowe.

That statement doesn't make much sense because Wallace would DEMAND near twice what Jennings would, and you seem like you're all about the money/cap. So from that standpoint/logic the arrow would point up to Jennings.

Jennings to Miami makes the most sense. Could be the "cheapest" of the 3 big WR FAs, he won't take long learning the system, has great work ethic, good leader, and is the best all around of the 3 WRs. People keep talking about his age like he's a RB or something. WRs can still be playmakers up to around 35 or 36 years age, especially with all the rules benefiting them. 5 more good years from Jennings would be great for him to mentor and mold a WR like Keenan Allen for example to take over being the #1 WR in Miami when Jennings retires. Jennings is the way to go.

Jennings is a character guy that Philbin likes. He'll quickly become a leader in the locker room. He fits the west coast system much better, runs perfect routes, has great hands, and is a clutch player. I think he has a much better chance of getting signed as compared to Wallace, who I still wouldn't mind, or Bowe, who I don't really want at all.

Back
Top Bottom