just wondering can Roth play MLB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

just wondering can Roth play MLB?

Dfan06

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
maybe, I am asking for too much but There is no doubt that Parcells will draft some Big nasty fast OLb next year. He has a zach thomas like motor and he can tackle. Lets say next year we draft an OLB, do we switch him to MLB and have Ayodle come on third passing downs.

I think he would make a great MLB.

I doubt it.....I don;t think he'd have the smarts....

He is a tackling machine, but I tend to think he is also a bit wreckless....He's beginning to remind me so much of Romanawski

Why would you want to move Roth even if they draft a faster OLB? Roth is very good against the run and if you saw him yesterday against SD, he can disrupt the passing game as well.

amazing...the guy is playing great and now we want him to move inside? he's perfect as an OLB in the 3-4 defence we're playing...he's big enough to take on the blockers and fast enough to rush around the corner...leave him there.

Ozzy rules!!

No, OLB is his bread and butter. He is great at rushing the passer from the outside and (to my great surprise - As I was very critical of Crowder) Crowder is doing a great job in the middle.

Keep Roth on the outside

Don't try to fix what isn't broken. Defensively we are running on all cylinders right now, what you are proposing is not a good idea. We have cohesion right as it stands on both sides of the ball, and it's only going to get better, so changing anything right now would be a big mistake.

well he's undersized to play in the 3-4 as a DE and he's too slow in the 4-3 i think his perfect spot is OLB in the 3-4 he's fast enough to get to the qb and when he gets a head of steam he can run through anyone (which is different then coming out of ure stance as a DE) he seems to be playing good as an olb but i still question his pass coverage abilities not cuz he can't do it but cuz he still looks a bit slow so as a pass rushing/run stopping olb he's good... anything else... not so much... so as a mlb like crowder i'd think he'd struggle but so far this year i love this guy's motor...

yeah im with the dont change whats not broken idea. hes a great motor guy and hits like a truck but im not sure just how rangey he is. he did well and seems to be improving at olb.

Back
Top Bottom