Kaepernick's Old Contract

Discussion in 'General NFL Forum' started by BahamaFinFan78, Aug 22, 2017.

1. BahamaFinFan78

BahamaFinFan78 A True Fan

Why did he opt out in May? Would he still be on SF roster today if he didn't or would they cut him? What would they have owed him if he didn't opt out and they chose to cut him?

2. Phinz1972

Phinz1972 Make me a sammich

Wasn't about collecting money, was about knowing he was going to get cut and wanted a chance at signing with a team sooner and learn a new offense. Just so happened he became black balled and general football fans want to believe it's because he isn't putting football first.

Sons Of Shula likes this.
  3. Keepiru

Keepiru Rookie

The 49ers brass told him point blank they were moving on.There is no way Kyle Shanahan was going to start his head coaching career with that distraction magnet under center

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18808233/san-francisco-49ers-released-colin-kaepernick-opt-out

Dude needs to step in front of a microphone and say "I want to play football".

4. BahamaFinFan78

BahamaFinFan78 A True Fan

He should have not opted out and made them cut him. Would have insured 14.5 million I believe.

5. Keepiru

Keepiru Rookie

The original contract was reworked. The way he contract was newly structured, he was only guaranteed some small bonuses and a small (2m iirc) base salary in 2015. And i believe the salary was guaranteed if he was on the roster as of 4/1. They only took a small cap hit from his reworked deal.