Kalen Ballage Quicker Feet than Najee Harris ~ Cant make this up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kalen Ballage Quicker Feet than Najee Harris ~ Cant make this up

Rev Kev

Tank for Tua Apologist
Club Member
Reaction score
Kalen Ballage, signed in free agency, has the quickest feet on any running back on the roster, even more so than (Najee) Harris.

GERRY DULAC
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ballage had the speed to be a good running back for the Dolphins. Unfortunately he didn’t have the power to run through a tackle because he seemed to go down as soon as he was hit. He also didn’t have the ability to create his own running room because he had poor lateral movement and his ability to make tacklers miss was nonexistent.

He might be a decent runner behind an OL that can create holes in the running game but in Miami he didn’t have that type of line.

Ballage had the speed to be a good running back for the Dolphins. Unfortunately he didn’t have the power to run through a tackle because he seemed to go down as soon as he was hit. He also didn’t have the ability to create his own running room because he had poor lateral movement and his ability to make tacklers miss was nonexistent.

He might be a decent runner behind an OL that can create holes in the running game but in Miami he didn’t have that type of line.

He also doesn't have the best vision in my opinion, which probably matters way more than being fast. Especially behind a less than dominant line.

Obviously given the kids physical specs and chops there has to be a basic reason he's bounced around the league.

Yeah he's big and strong and fast but he's just not a natural runner. Too funny he's in Pitts because IMO Harris

is also NOT a natural runner. They both need lots of space (uncontested) and lack the core instincts of a legit Pro.

My opinion. Of course.

Obviously given the kids physical specs and chops there has to be a basic reason he's bounced around the league.

Yeah he's big and strong and fast but he's just not a natural runner. Too funny he's in Pitts because IMO Harris

is also NOT a natural runner. They both need lots of space (uncontested) and lack the core instincts of a legit Pro.

My opinion. Of course.
He has bounced around cause he can’t take a hit and keep his legs churning he doesn’t have good feet - the article mentions quicker feet

He also doesn't have the best vision in my opinion, which probably matters way more than being fast. Especially behind a less than dominant line.
He has straight line speed which when combined with his size made him an intriguing prospect. But he has no wiggle whatsoever and combining that with the aforementioned lack of vision is non functional at the NFL level

mamma says, he gets bounced around so often cause he has all them feet, but no vision

I still remember keith byars getting tackled for us one time. He listened to the coaches when told to never quit moving your feet til the whistle blows. he was picked up in the air and his feet were off the ground but still churning in the air

Back
Top Bottom