Kdawg Mock 1.0 (4 Rounds) and early early early projected 53 man roster for 2009 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kdawg Mock 1.0 (4 Rounds) and early early early projected 53 man roster for 2009

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
Sure this is going to change by the time the end of April approaches . . . I will try to make this as reasonable as possible.

1. Brandon Spikes - ILB - Do it all LB who would be a ILB in our 3-4 . . . versatile enough to be a OLB. Excellent cover skills, blitzer . . . against the run . . . not perfect at anything . . . but great at everything.

2a. Clint Sintim - OLB - Do it all LB who would be a OLB in our 3-4 . . . very versatile . . . solid pass rusher and solid in coverage.

2b. Alex Mack - C - Power running Center . . . our Oline just got a huge upgrade. Some say the best Center prospect since atleast Mangold. Definite Parcells guy.

3. Lou Delmas - FS - Talented Small school safety . . . very aggressive and will be a FS for us . . . great in run support, still a bit shaky in coverage but he will get better with good coaching. .

4. Ron Brace - NT - Competes with Soliai to be our NT of the future. Gets a year behind Fergy also.

I know, I didn't get our young CB . . . I'm sure before April and after Free Agency I will get our needs down more. Remember Ratings are very spread out right now . . . some people think Delmas can go 2nd round . . . some people say 5th.

With this draft, I am assuming we resign Goodman, Carey, Bell, Hill, Crowder and Roth (obviously there is a good chance we don't resign all six guys . . . but we will in this projection)

QB - Pennington/Henne/Beck
RB - Brown/Williams/Cobbs
FB - Polite
WR - Ginn/Camarillo/Bess/London/5th WR
TE - Fasano/Martin/Haynos

LT - Long/Ndukwe
LG - Satele/Murphy
C - Mack
RG - Smiley/Thomas
RT - Carey/OT prospect

(Carey would be first LT backup and Satele would be first C backup . . Ndukwe gives us depth also at guard and Smiley could be an emergency tackle. I mean I don't know if the Trifecta is SOUR on Satele . . . but he easily could just be the primary backup at both G spots and at Center . . . and we could roll with the LG Smiley and RG Thomas like we did this year.)

DE - Langford/Starks
NT - Ferguson/Soliai/Brace
DE - Merling/Wright/Dotson

OLB - Porter/Anderson
ILB - Crowder/Ayodele
ILB - Spikes/Torbor/Walden
OLB - Sintim/Roth

(Obviously we know what Walden is here for)

CB - Will Allen/Andre Goodman/Jason Allen (could be gone)/Nathan Jones/5th CB
FS - Delmas/Renaldo Hill
SS - Yeremiah Bell/Tyrone Culver

(Jason Allen still is the tweener here, gives us additional safety depth just in case)

K - Dan Carpenter
P - Brandon Fields
LS - John Denney (I guess)

There is the 53 (Trust me, I know we hit on late picks and UDFA's . . . so there are guys here . . . Jason Allen/Matt Roth/Torbor/Wright/Dotson/Hill/Crowder/etc . . . who may not make this roster . . . we gotta wait tho).

The Notable guy missing here is Vonnie Holiday. I think he is this years suprise cut . . . he is not really a 3-4 DE and is is not a 3-4 OLB. I love his leadership . . . but Its time for Langford and Merling to be our DE's.

No idea who we are seeking in FA . . . I'm guessing we chase after another LB like we did Pace last year . . . but this is an early projection.

Hopefully that 5th DB . . . ends up being our #1 (Robinson or dare I say Asmougha??) and maybe our 5th WR ends up being Torry Holt. All speculation at this point but fun to think about.

If things work out with this draft u go into 2010 looking at WR/DB/JP replacement to groom and then just sure up the depth on the OLine and whatever else. 2010 we should have the pieces in place.

Wo, Wo, and not in a good way! I like Mack and Sintim but either a bunch of people test out the a$$ at the combine or these guys (Mack and Sintim) are less than what people thought of them. And really their is no turnover on your team, the Dolphins were overachievers this year, if they even attempt to go into next year with pretty much the same team, I guarantee we'll have another record, from worse to first and back to worse.

Wo, Wo, and not in a good way! I like Mack and Sintim but either a bunch of people test out the a$$ at the combine or these guys (Mack and Sintim) are less than what people thought of them. And really their is no turnover on your team, the Dolphins were overachievers this year, if they even attempt to go into next year with pretty much the same team, I guarantee we'll have another record, from worse to first and back to worse.

Yea its hard to predict free agency . . . I'm pretty much going with key guys that we need to resign and start with that. I don't want to say we get TJ and Namidi and Gross and Suggs and Dansby and Scott. . . we may get 2 of the 6 . . . who knows . . . but right now, prior to free agency, this is what I have to roll with . . . its just an early projection based on solely my mock draft.

U always hear about guys being potential first rounders . . . doesn't guarantee that . . . Sintim MAY be a first rounder . . . but the more these juniors declare . . . the more he could slide . . . he doesn't have to test poorly to slide . . . combine freaks could overtake him. Same thing with Mack . . . Centers aint' getting selected until round 2 . . . if he fell to our late 2nd round pick . . . maybe its a little less where he would go . . . but its not out of this world to think he couldn't make it. Hell some had Henne in round 1 . . . it all really depends.

And we don't need to gut an 11-5 team . . . I don't know how much turnover u are expecting but we were a playoff team this year.

We got 2 starting LB's who are better pass rushers and better in coverage than the 2 we have now.

We get a POWER center

We get a future NT after Jason leaves next season

We get a potential starting FS.

Don't know if we could ask for more in the draft.

If things work out we go into 2010 looking at skill positions . . . ala WR and DB

Other then being totally unrealistic... well to be honest I dont care for any of what you posted. 1st of all, I doubt Spikes last to the mid 20's. I'd be very surprised to see Sintim at 44 and I really doubt Mack will be there at the end of the 2nd. Swapping your 3rd and 4th round pick is probably a lil more realistic.

The Fins need to address the OL and the LB corps. If we can re-sign Goodman, Bell and Hill we can live with them for one more year.

my mock for the first four rounds would look something like this.
1. E Britton OT Az
2a. J Luigs C Arkansas
2b. T McKenzie OLB South Florida
3. Fenuki Tupou OT Oregon
4. R Brace NT BC

This a good year for OT's so we might be able to address LB in the 1st and OT with 2b.

I'm working under the assumtion that Carey will not be back and that the LB needs are addressed via FA

I hear you on 2010, my thoughts exactly. My draft hope for this year is we don't reach on any skill offensive players and work on the Defense this year. Namely LB and secondary and if we can the OL. 2010 has alot of potential Dez Bryant, Decker, A. Benn. so I totally agree. But our 11-5 record was against a .416 winning % of our opponents. That won't be the case next year, I believe we play at least 5 playoff teams, including the Colts and Panthers. Get ready... If the front office can I think they will shake it up, I think Parcells is to sharp to sit pact on this team, just look at the rumors flying around on Satele and he's a very good player, worth at least a high 4th or low 3rd in a trade if somebody comes calling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your draft Kdawg, it showed insight and thats important when you make mock drafts this early.

dream draft? madden? not happening buddy.

delmas is top 50 talent, sintim is 1st round material and spikes is top 15. brace will go 3rd if not 2nd. where u got this dream i dono loll

dream draft? madden? not happening buddy.

delmas is top 50 talent, sintim is 1st round material and spikes is top 15. brace will go 3rd if not 2nd. where u got this dream i dono loll

I don't think this draft is unreasonable.

An unreasonable draft would be

1. Aaron Curry
2. Michael Crabtree
2. Duke Robinson
3. Clint Sintim

Spikes at HIGHEST is a mid round first pick . . . but he could also be an early second round pick. It all depend on need of teams as well.

Sintin same thing . . . he is a late first round at highest . . . but also could be a mid second rounder.

Mack is a second rounder . . . where in the second round, I dunno . . . but this is a MOCK draft.

Understand this about Spikes and Sintim . . . they arent going to blow anybody away at the combine . . . they aren't workout warriors and that may hurt them . . . but they are solid players.

Delmas is the ONLY guy I probably drafted lower than I truly expect him to go . . . . but even saying that . . . this draft is SUPER deep at Safety and he is at a small school, so I will stick with it.

It's just January 7th lol, we haven't done combines or anything.

People are saying the Miami Hurricanes won't get a first rounder. Don't let Bruce Johnson put up a sub 4.3 40 . . . and look good in drills. Just an example of a guy who could sky rocket into late first round projections. Way too early for anything right now, I just wanted to start from something.

I think u are right . . . this would be a "dream draft" if it happened . . . but I'm not dreaming to think it will LOL.

Swapping your 3rd and 4th round pick is probably a lil more realistic.

I will do that, I also compared my drafts to several mock drafts that I saw and it wasn't that unthinkable . . . in fact some had Brace going in late round 2 or round 3 and Delmas in late round 3 or even round 4 . . . but I also think that Brace being more of a 3-4 NT should fall a bit. Unlike Raji he is strictly a plugger, stuffs the run . . .won't get much pressure on the QB but will eat blockers and won't cost a first rounder like Raji will . . . but fits what we need him to do maybe better. Raji would be an AWESOME 4-3 DT . . . Glen Dorsey like . . . but in the 3-4, alot of his talent would be wasted. (I know u didn't mention Raji, but I'm just trying to compare him with Brace to validate Brace being in the 4th round. Hell Red Bryant fell to the 4th last year, don't see why Brace couldn't either . . . Soliai fell to the 4th as well.)

Spikes and Sintim are both starting to slide in the 2nd round as more and more juniors declare (Spikes hasn't yet but many people assume he will) and like I said, I have seen mid 2nd to late 2nd projections on Mack. This is NOT a unrealistic mock at all.

Thanks for the insight.

I hear you on 2010, my thoughts exactly. My draft hope for this year is we don't reach on any skill offensive players and work on the Defense this year. Namely LB and secondary and if we can the OL. 2010 has alot of potential Dez Bryant, Decker, A. Benn. so I totally agree. But our 11-5 record was against a .416 winning % of our opponents. That won't be the case next year, I believe we play at least 5 playoff teams, including the Colts and Panthers. Get ready... If the front office can I think they will shake it up, I think Parcells is to sharp to sit pact on this team, just look at the rumors flying around on Satele and he's a very good player, worth at least a high 4th or low 3rd in a trade if somebody comes calling.

Yea next year we could regress a bit, maybe even 8-8 or maybe less, but I think thats due to us over achieving this year and having that beastly schedule next year. But then again, New England is gonna have Bmore and Denver . . . . that is not too much softer than Tenn and Pitt. We gotta win the division, we can do that at 8-8. I still think we will be a BETTER team next year regardless of what the record is.

Man if we can snag one of those big time WR's in 2010, Henne takes over and we have lets say Benn, Ginn as our 1 and 2 . . . man o man.

Yea we can get something for Big Sam also, he is worth atleast a 4th . . . he just isn't the ideal Center for this power offense that Parcells likes to build, but he is a very good center. That's what I'm saying . . . hell we may trade Joey Porter . . . who in the hell knows what BP/Ireland is gonna do lol, it's too early to really say what is too high and what is too low. I see everybody else doing mocks and FA predicitions . . . I threw my 2 cents in there lol.

With this draft, I am assuming we resign Goodman, Carey, Bell, Hill, Crowder and Roth (obviously there is a good chance we don't resign all six guys . . . but we will in this projection)

If I am not mistaken Roth is signed through next year.

If I am not mistaken Roth is signed through next year.

Is he? Did he sign a 5 year rookie deal as a second rounder back in 2005 . . . I know the 4 year deals are more common now with players lower than the first round and I heard Joe Rose include him in the guys that need to be resigned . . . . but then again, he could have mistaken.

Ok that is one less guy to worry about bringing back then.

With the exception of Spikes at the top, I like that draft and think it's reasonable ... but maybe a tad ambitious. :D

We aren't going to burn a 1st rounder on an ILB. OLB's make the 34, but ILB's are just role players in that formation. Clint Sintim, the name Chris Long registered at a hotel under around draft time, will likely move up into the 1st round.

Mack might be just what the doctor ordered. There's going to be a good amount of linemen in this draft, so one of the good centers might slip to us at the 2b pick ... whether it's Mack or not, I dunno. I'm a Satele fan, but Mack would still be a good pick at 2b I'd think. Another OL I like with that pick might be Kraig Urbik of Wisconsin, who would be an ideal G in our system.

I love the Delmas pick, and it really looks like the type of pick that Ireland tends to make. Plus it is a real position of need for us with Bell injury prone, 30, and a FA, and our other safety position unsettled. Unfortunately, I doubt Delmas lasts this long.

With the exception of Spikes at the top, I like that draft and think it's reasonable ... but maybe a tad ambitious. :D

We aren't going to burn a 1st rounder on an ILB. OLB's make the 34, but ILB's are just role players in that formation. Clint Sintim, the name Chris Long registered at a hotel under around draft time, will likely move up into the 1st round.

Mack might be just what the doctor ordered. There's going to be a good amount of linemen in this draft, so one of the good centers might slip to us at the 2b pick ... whether it's Mack or not, I dunno. I'm a Satele fan, but Mack would still be a good pick at 2b I'd think. Another OL I like with that pick might be Kraig Urbik of Wisconsin, who would be an ideal G in our system.

I love the Delmas pick, and it really looks like the type of pick that Ireland tends to make. Plus it is a real position of need for us with Bell injury prone, 30, and a FA, and our other safety position unsettled. Unfortunately, I doubt Delmas lasts this long.

Really ILB don't make the 3-4, Jerod Mayo 1st round beast. Without him they would of been alot worse. If Spikes could do that for us I would spend the 24th pick on him no problem.

Back
Top Bottom