Keep an eye on what Dolphins do today on the Waiver Wire | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep an eye on what Dolphins do today on the Waiver Wire

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
There are three players on the waiver wire right now that I think Miami could monitor and even claim. I will post the players below and explain why I believe Fins could make claims for these players.

QB Brett Ratliff: The Cleveland Browns waived Brett Ratliff yesterday do in large part to a numbers game. Ratliff is a former preseason standout player and has shown promise when given an opportunity, with Henne out for what could be weeks and Miami not having a clear #3 QB for Thursday's game I could see the Dolphins putting in a claim for Ratliff. Miami could also gain plenty of information from Ratliff for when they play Cleveland in the coming weeks.

LB Shawn Crable: The Patriots waived Crable and most are scratching their heads about this move. Crable has shown promise in NE and is coming of his best game with 4 tackles and half a sack against the Steelers. The Fins placed a claim on Merriman as the feel they needed help at OLB, it would not surprise to see Miami place a claim on Crable. Also He would bring info on the Patriots, keep an out out.

WR Ed Gant: At one point Ed Gant was a promising WR in Arizona who Miami was interested in acquiring. I must admit I don't know much about this guy, but being that the Fins have shown interest in the past I would monitor where Gant ends up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally would love to see Ratliff come in for a work out. We brought in Tommy Grady for a workout, and he could not supplant Ratliff as QB in college. Also Ratliff looked really good in preseason when he was on the Jets. Give him a shot!

I thought the exact same thing when I saw Ratliff was waived.

No to Ratliff, yes to Crable. Don't know anything about Ed Grant.

Crable sounds like a good idea..Gotta figure Browns will put in for him...

If Bill liked him than Eric will like him..

Ratcliff sounds like a better version over the vet we just signed to have around as the number 3 QB "if" Henne returns just to see what he has and wether we could save a draft pick on the QB position next year. Also the same applies to Crable IMO we are roster short at the OLB position currently both numbers and talent wise. Francis and Moses are still in backup mode and we need more starter material out there as well as more threat of a pass rush.

We won't find out if anyone has gotten claimed until 4:00 PM I believe.

The Shawn Crable waiver was very strange to me. If you watched the Sunday night game you know what I'm talking about. He is a developmental type OLB who could very well pan out. He's kinda of like our Q Moses. He was given opportunity in Sunday's game against Pitt and played very well. There has to be more to than what I can see looking from the outside.

No way he makes it to us. I would expect numerous teams will put in claims for him. I would love for us to claim a decent player cut for unknown reasons aka Matt Roth.

Back
Top Bottom