Keep DVP or Hyde

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by dolfanattic5, Aug 24, 2017.

1. dolfanattic5

dolfanattic5 you got chambered

10 team keeper league (.5ppr) and you get to keep 2 players.

Mike Evans is a given and then it's between DeVante Parker and Carlos Hyde. I'm leaning strongly towards Parker, but just wanted to make sure that I didn't have a huge bias. Please let a fellow fin fan know your thoughts.

Thanks.

2. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Parker

3. Mike8272

Mike8272 Active Member

Hyde is the lead back for the 49ers, so he's going to get the bulk of the carries for them, and he's also a capable pass catcher. As long as he stays healthy he's a solid RB2 with RB1 upside.

As for Parker, well, I like him but I see him as a WR3/4. First he's got to prove he can be consistent and take his chances since he's got Landry and Stills (plus others) to compete with. And second he's got a new quarterback to build chemistry with. I'd love to say he's going to break out, but I think 700-800 yards with a handful of TDs is more likely than 1000+ yards and more TDs.

For me, I'd keep Hyde. That gives you a good RB and WR to start with. Though I can see the appeal of keeping Parker since he could break out and Hyde is injury prone.

4. fish920

fish920 lurker Donator

Cutler will make DVP a top 10 fantasy receiver

nick1 likes this.
  5. dolfanattic5

dolfanattic5 you got chambered

Thanks everyone for your opinions. I went Parker, because with some of the keepers that are already off the board (David Johnson, Devonte Freeman, Lamar Miller, Jordan Howard, Jay Ajayi, Jordy Nelson, ODB, Deandre Hopkins, Brandon Cooks) you really have to go big boom potential. Here is how my team ended up. It's a 10 team .5 ppr and I had the 9th pick.

Qb- Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr

RB- Demarco Murray, Leonard Fournette, Ameer Abdullah, Derrick Henry, Kareem Hunt

WR- Mike Evans, DeVante Parker, Alshon Jeffrey, Corey Coleman, Rishard Matthews

TE- Zach Ertz, Eric Ebron

Def- Texans

K- Justin Tucker.