Keep Ireland/Phibin/Sherman or fire them all, one or the other | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep Ireland/Phibin/Sherman or fire them all, one or the other

futurescout

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm not a Sherman fan, but I would hate for our owner to micromanage the assistant coaches. If you think Joe Philbin is the right coach then let him do is job and run his staff. As for Ireland, mixing and matching GM-Head Coaches doesn't work. I don't believe that Sherman, Ireland, or even Philbin deserve their jobs. Let Philbin right his own ship or sink it. If we fail to make the playoffs next year then they will all be fired anyway. I just don't see why Philbin should be forced to get rid of Sherman. What if we hire Kubiak as OC and the players don't pick up the system well the first year and we miss the playoffs. Then Ireland/ Philbin would still be fired. At least their will be some continuity with the players being in the 3rd year of the Offense. Not to mention we will most likely have 4 new starters on the offensive line. And we could hire a new GM but what if Philbin and the new GM don't mesh? I hope Ross cleans house and gives Gus Malzahn a call. What an incredible football coach he is and would do wonders for this Miami team. Just throwing it out there maybe the reason nothing has been decided is that Ross is waiting to reach out to Malzahn after the NC game. We all know how Ross loves big names. I personally think that Ross should A. Fire Ireland, Philbin, Sherman, Coyle, Sherman son in-law (entire staff) and pursue Gus Malzahn or B. Keep everyone and give them an ultimatum of playoffs or bust next year.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Holding out hope for option A....

Football teams are a reflection of their Coach. The Dolphins are stoic, flat, boring, and show zero emotion. I'm not saying we need Sparano's fist pumps after a field goal but the fact this team shows no emotion was evident in their collapse the last 2 weeks when the playoffs were practically given to them.

Jesus Christ just fire Ireland and let the new GM make these decisions. How many friggin years does a GM get to prove himself. Its a damn shame when you feel the only way for a change to come is death of staff or death of owner.

Jesus Christ just fire Ireland and let the new GM make these decisions. How many friggin years does a GM get to prove himself. Its a damn shame when you feel the only way for a change to come is death of staff or death of owner.

I have no idea how Ireland has kept his job this long... what good personnel moves has he made besides Tannehill and Clay? Tannehill was a given considering we were drafting a QB no matter what. Grimes was a great pickup but you could argue he was just gambling.

Back
Top Bottom