Keep Sparano and fire Henning. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep Sparano and fire Henning.

mattgilm

Island Dolphin
Reaction score
Sparano needs to work on his clock management and stop moving the O-line around so much. Sparano should get one more year but Henning is horrible. I say fire Henning now. :hclap:

Didn't you hear? Sparano gave Henning a ringing endorsement and wants him back next year. That alone should be grounds for termination.

hes saying that because henning is going to retire after this year.... hes freakin older then any coach in the NFL... sparano deserves one more year... he did inherit a mess and made something quickly (going from 1-15 under camoron to making this team an 11-5 team in 2008 despite Brady's injury/ Matt Cassel played that year and ended up being solid-- look at KC this year)... stability at coach is needed or else were just doin the same crap we have been doin for the past decade... Henning will be gone...

Fire them both just to make sure you get the right one.

You said it yourself, Sparano needs to work on clock management and he needs to stop moving the offensive line around so much. Clock management isn't something you learn overnight but for as long as he has been a coach, he should have a pretty good idea of how it's done.

As far as the offensive line is concerned, wasn't he an offensive line coach before getting this gig? How is it that our offensive line is such a wreck? Why can't we depend on our offensive line? In the development of Chad Henne, we should be capable of pointing to our offensive line as a reason for Henne's struggles under the supervision of an offensive line coach by trade.

What is the problem here?

The problem with that is Sparano has the same philosophy as Henning, and that kind of approach no longer works in todays NFL.

You guys almost have to keep Sporano at this point. You're not as an attractive of a destination as the Dallas/49er/NYG job. You most definitely will not fire your GM, so that rules out all the top dawgs that want "to buy their own groceries". Your team doesn't sell out games when they lose (unlike Buffalo, Cleveland etc) so they're in the red this year and next year doesn't look much better... on top of that, there's a lockout looming and if I'm Ross and I lost millions this year, why would I shell out additional money for a new HC (while still paying Sporano who has a guaranteed contract) if I'm not even sure I'll be able to generate revenue?

I know Ross is a billionaire... and he got that way by making smart business decisions. Paying 2 HCs to be on a team that looses money in a year when there's a possibility of no football isn't a smart decision. I'm almost positive Sporano stays.

Yes lets keep the same super conservative boring offense...that plays not to lose and only goes for fist pump field goals...

That strategy that has failed for years will somehow work next year....

You Tony defenders...yikes...

You guys almost have to keep Sporano at this point. You're not as an attractive of a destination as the Dallas/49er/NYG job. You most definitely will not fire your GM, so that rules out all the top dawgs that want "to buy their own groceries". Your team doesn't sell out games when they lose (unlike Buffalo, Cleveland etc) so they're in the red this year and next year doesn't look much better... on top of that, there's a lockout looming and if I'm Ross and I lost millions this year, why would I shell out additional money for a new HC (while still paying Sporano who has a guaranteed contract) if I'm not even sure I'll be able to generate revenue?

I know Ross is a billionaire... and he got that way by making smart business decisions. Paying 2 HCs to be on a team that looses money in a year when there's a possibility of no football isn't a smart decision. I'm almost positive Sporano stays.

the Dolphins just sold out their 101st straight game
also, it's Sparano. no one is going to listen if you can't even get the head coach's name right

Sounds like the equivalent of:

2z5lys9-1.jpg

Sparano needs to work on his clock management and stop moving the O-line around so much. Sparano should get one more year but Henning is horrible. I say fire Henning now. :hclap:

I have a better idea -- fire both of them.

Sporano is a great guy. Bad head coach. He’s not nearly as smart as any of the top tier coaches. The game and clock management prove that, you can not learn that as a head coach, you either have it or you don’t. Sorry, but he shouldn’t be an NFL head coach. Nice try, but now you move on. Just like Henne, you give it a shot, evaluate and if it’s just not there, you bite the bullet and keep looking. If New England is the standard, you have to get something going that can hope to compete at that level. We are never going to get there with the mentality and philosophy of Henning/Sporano/Parcells. That is cave drawings compared to I pads. Bring in some fresh new blood with bright minds and hopefully provide some entertainment and strike gold.

Fire them both. Neither one have given themselves any reason to be employed with the Dolphins in 2011. The lone fact that Morono pretty much acts as an enabler for Henning is grounds for termination by itself.

Yea, fire Sparano, then in 2-3 years, if we don't win a superbowl, get another HC, and continue this trend for 50 more years until the organization totally falls on it's face.

Continuing to get rid of HC will not get Miami to the playoffs or SB, and if you bring in a new HC, he will begin to bring his people in, and will start getting his type of players in, and it will become another 2-3 year plan.

There is 1 more problem that is very obvious, get a better O-coordinator, the Defense has made a total turnaround this year (By the way, get rid of Sparano, we will get a new DC), the ST has gotten better, lets see how this team looks when we get an O-coordinator that Sparano has any say in.....then if we continue to look like crap, Sparano can be the scapegoat.

The players want to play for Sparano, but not for Henning...why do you think that's happening?

Back
Top Bottom