Kendall Langford Conspiracy? / Is he worth keeping? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kendall Langford Conspiracy? / Is he worth keeping?

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
According to the great and powerful Omar,

"I find it a bit interesting that Dolphins DE Kendall Langford led the defensive linemen in quarterback pressures in 2012" (pretty sure it was the 2011 season Omar, considering they only played 1 actual game in 2012) BUT Langford was taken off the field on most passing downs. He was in a contract year, and sacks mean big salary. Yes.....I'm hinting at a conspiracy. Why would you take the guy who leads your team in quarterback pressures off the field regulary on passing downs? Just sayin"

I was thinking to myself yesterday, would the Dolphins really miss Langford if he leaves via FA? I know the 3-4 defense is not about the DL getting sacks and Langford was a "good run stopper", BUT i watch every Dolphin game and the guy just was never an "impact" player that you saw just blow up a play in the backfield, maybe once or twice a season, and im not even talking about sacks, he is just not in the backfield THAT much to warrant a big $ contract

He is actually coming off his worst season statistically with a career low 20 tackles, 15 solo, 0 sacks, 1 FF, 1 PD

Going back to what Omar said, maybe he was taken out on passing downs because thats as far as he can go, "pressuring" the QB, not actually getting to him, again i know 3-4 DE not supposed to be a sack master, but ZERO sacks in 16 games? let alone his career high is 3, Langford is a big slow run stuffer who does not "dominate" his job and IMO is not worth the big $ and hopefully a switch back to a 4-3 or a hybrid defense with more emphasis on a 4-3 scheme is going to be implimented

He's a solid DE in the 3-4 because he's a good run stuffer. I don't think you can count on him to make impact plays if we do indeed switch to the 4-3. It wouldn't be the worst thing to let him walk.

You gotta let him walk..I am sure he will get a decent contract elsewhere because of his experience and cause he is young...

Yes he's worth bringing back because then at the very least we can be set at DT in out new 4-3 while now only having needs at DE and OLB.

I'm not big on him either if we switch to 4-3. I remember reading, however, that they are expecting to run some sort of hybrid 3-4 4-3 defense, so i can see Dolphins re-signing him. He's defintely more likely to come back next season than Soliai

If Manning doesnt sign with Miami, we will have a lot of cap room. Langford won't command big bucks in FA like many of you think, so I dont see any reason why we wouldn't sign him. He may not want to sign with Miami though since he may be sitting behind Starks and Soliai (who will also sign with Miami) on the bench.

Yes he's worth bringing back because then at the very least we can be set at DT in out new 4-3 while now only having needs at DE and OLB.

From what i have read regarding the possible 3-4/4-3 hybrid defense or a full switch to 4-3, that Odrick and Starks ( If Solia leaves) would be the ideal DTs with Wake on one end and FA/Drafted Player filling in the other DE spot

To get Manning we wont be able to resign Langford or Soliai. But if we get Manning, I really dont care.

Patriots would kill for a decent 3-4 defensive end of the ability of Langford
at the right price

Maybe Omar was playing Madden 2012 and got confused on what season it was.
If Langford led the D-line in QB pressures while being taken off the field during most passing downs....maybe that's someone we wanna keep and keep in DURING passing downs. When a player does well with limited opportunities, that's a good thing.

It's a toss up, he's definately better than Phillip Merling at this point but how much many does he want?? He's more of a situational pass rusher but solid run stopper, unless we keep him as depth he wouldnt warrent a huge contract due to Soliai being more attractive IMO to garner a big contract and a solid start at DT/NT.

It's a toss up, he's definately better than Phillip Merling at this point but how much many does he want?? He's more of a situational pass rusher but solid run stopper, unless we keep him as depth he wouldnt warrent a huge contract due to Soliai being more attractive IMO to garner a big contract and a solid start at DT/NT.

in the Browns 3-4 defense, ROOKIE Left Defensive End Jaabal Sheard almost tripled Langfords tackles, he doubled his solo tackles, had 8.5 sacks, and 5 Forced Fumbles, in his rookie year Sheard had more sacks and FF's than Langford has had in his entire 4 year Dolphin career, Sheard also had 7 "Stuffs" compared to Langfords....1

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14036/jabaal-sheard

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11300/kendall-langford

in the Browns 3-4 defense, ROOKIE Left Defensive End Jaabal Sheard almost tripled Langfords tackles, he doubled his solo tackles, had 8.5 sacks, and 5 Forced Fumbles, in his rookie year Sheard had more sacks and FF's than Langford has had in his entire 4 year Dolphin career, Sheard also had 7 "Stuffs" compared to Langfords....1

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14036/jabaal-sheard

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11300/kendall-langford

I thought Browns played a 4-3 last year

Back
Top Bottom