KENNY STILLS IS MORE THAN JUST YOUR AVERAGE DEEP THREAT | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

KENNY STILLS IS MORE THAN JUST YOUR AVERAGE DEEP THREAT

That's too funny.....That blocked kick didn't win the game..(Great play though)... That pass might have had it not been for...Defense bla. bla. bla... Run game bla. bla. bla. Had that pass been tossed to anybody but Kenny in that game...Yep your right it's just another dropped pass...However it was tossed to Kenny "if I get near it I catch it" Stills and hit him in stride...right on the money in the great wide open...That's what stings for most people I think...

Any way..Your right...Just a dropped pass.

damn, after watching this, im so glad we resigned him! cant wait for the season to start. this offense will be unreal if healthy

As a multi-dimensional player and great teammate, Kenny is everything and more than our last 2 disappointing deep threat receivers, Ginn and Wallace, were hoped to be.

I truly don't understand why the drop is such a big deal. Sure it would have been a TD but why is that one play dogging so many fans?
You can go back to any loss and find such plays but somehow Still's drop is the mother of all mishaps?

I'm over that play, but I can understand why it still pisses people off. That was a walk-in touchdown the likes of which you rarely see, and a nice, arcing, lobbed football just bounced right off his hands, in a tough game against an elite NFL opponent on the road. And it would have been the difference between a win and a loss.

So yeah, people are still gonna bring that one up from time to time.

Im so stoked for this season!!! Great article. I still cant believe how some people were ok with letting stills go. And this is proof he is well worth the damn money

There are 4-5 plays that can determine the outcome of the game and that was certainly one of them, but I have a hard time pinning the loss on our first play of the second quarter.

Though without question the best thing to come of the drop by Stills was McCain's reaction:

giphy.gif

Based on those gifs, uhh, did he really get 32 mil out of us? haha. I mean I like the 9 TD's and I like the potential that he has, but did I see him drop a few more and not get off some of those blocks?

It felt average, not more than your average.

Good article, but the one area it fails is identifying read progression and sometimes implies that Stills is always the primary target in each clip. Some concepts are designed to attract defensive attention and open up other routes. The 3rd down drop by Sims where Stills is facing former Bill's CB Gilmore is just one example of that. In lieu of the zone blitz in that situation, Sims is the primary in slipping out in face of the weakside blitz on the close cross from the backfield. If time permitted the 10 yard dig by the slot was the secondary option. Neither the X or Z was in play there.

Good article, but the one area it fails is identifying read progression and sometimes implies that Stills is always the primary target in each clip. Some concepts are designed to attract defensive attention and open up other routes. The 3rd down drop by Sims where Stills is facing former Bill's CB Gilmore is just one example of that. In lieu of the zone blitz in that situation, Sims is the primary in slipping out in face of the weakside blitz on the close cross from the backfield. If time permitted the 10 yard dig by the slot was the secondary option. Neither the X or Z was in play there.
I would add that Stills is by no means a good blocker

Well you could blame Dallas Thomas for that loss he certainly played in that game

I, for one, am extremely happy we signed/resigned stills. I'm never a fan of a player having success on your team, and enjoys playing on your team, only for the org to let them walk. Stills is a great threat to any defense and makes Miami a better football team with him on our roster. If Parker can take it to the next level, Miami has a pretty well balanced WR corp. It looks really good.

I truly don't understand why the drop is such a big deal. Sure it would have been a TD but why is that one play dogging so many fans?
You can go back to any loss and find such plays but somehow Still's drop is the mother of all mishaps?

Context, brother, context.

Does anyone here think the saints regret trading away stills? Would you guys call that a win win for both or? What say you finheaven

Back
Top Bottom