Kenny Vaccaro vs. Dee Milliner

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by finsfan4life, Apr 11, 2013.

1. finsfan4life

finsfan4life In Dawn We Trust!

If I had my choice between the two, I might pick Vaccaro. If we're going to be competing with the Patriots for the division we have to stop their offense. You do that by putting Tom Brady on his behind (which is why I wouldn't mind trading up for one of the defensive ends), or covering their tight ends. Brady's biggest weapons are Gronkowski and Hernandez, not Danny Amendola and Emanuel Sanders (if he signs). If we're going defensive back in the first round, I 'd rather stay at 12 and draft Vaccaro instead of using draft picks to trade up for Milliner.

2. ph0enyx

ph0enyx Well-Known Member

I agree with your point, but if we get Vaccaro we need to keep or replace Chris Clemons, because Vaccaro will play best in a three safety system.

3. JDRA20

JDRA20 Well-Known Member

Did you watch the championship game? Milliner was glue on Eifert, the best tight end prospect this year (although he had six catches - ND was down early and was playing catch up.)

I'd be happy with either one, but I'm pretty sure if we want Milliner we're going to have to give up a 2nd-3rd rounder.

4. oasis

oasis Lost in the fog

I remain convinced that IF the Dolphins do indeed trade up, it will be for Milliner. All the OT talk is to keep teams that might grab Milliner (e.g. Detroit) from trading up a few spots.

I see your point about not giving up picks...it's a question of BPA vs. need. If you're not trading up, do you take the best safety in the draft vs. a good (but not the best) corner? I know that in the long haul a better team is built when you fill it with elite players, but I also want to see the Phins fill their holes and compete this year.

I wouldn't be unhappy with Vaccaro at 12.

5. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Vaccaro

6. Phinfan407

Phinfan407 Well-Known Member

Take Milliner, we have a glaring whole at the other corner. We got torched for big yards last year and it was mainly because of our corner play. There were a few times where safeties didn't get help over the top but we gave up a lot underneath. Two good corners are valuable on every team. I wouldn't mind Rhodes, he reminds me of a upgraded Sean Smith.

7. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Milliner please

8. PhishyPhishy

PhishyPhishy Well-Known Member

Been wanting Vaccaro all off-season. He is the next great safety in this league where many of the top safeties are getting long in the tooth. Clemons is solid but he has reached his peak and its not very high. I would be happy with Milliner but I don't want to lose picks so the choice is easy in my eyes.

9. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I'd take Milliner, but we'd have to trade up for him and maybe even #3 with Oakland. That would probably mean packaging both of our 2nd round picks. Vaccaro will be there at 12 and Miami could probably trade down a little and still get him. I do love the idea of adding another really good safety. My favorite in this draft is Eric Reid, who I was hoping would be there in the second but I think he could go in the 20's.

10. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Milner hands down. He's the top DB in the draft. How can we pick a safety with the scrub corners we have now? If we knew for sure Grimes was 100% , it might be different.

11. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

Oakland should be desparate for more picks as they have few and are re-building. There would be a chance that a trade up with them could be cost effective.

Would you do it for our two 3rds? and grab Milliner. That would still leave us two 2nds to fill other areas that need help or trade back to get more picks..

12. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Vaccaro can take away receivers that are constant thorns in our side. His ability to drop down in spread situations and defend TE's makes him very valuable. Good pick. Interesting pick. Productive pick.

I think Dee Milliner is getting a tad overrated.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Milliner is not Revis.

13. zach8111

zach8111 Pro Bowler

i think the real question is would you rather have milliner or vaccaro and a 2nd because we'd have to give up that 2nd to get milliner

14. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Wow . . . I've seen it all.

15. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Very true

16. finitis23

finitis23 Well-Known Member

Vaccaro over Milliner???? you're crazy dude

17. JDRA20

JDRA20 Well-Known Member

No one said he was. But if you don't remember, Revis wasn't exactly expected to be the best corner in the league. He got drafted 14th (!) overall; if the 2007 draft we re-done, he would go 1st or 2nd overall depending on Calvin Johnson.

I'm not saying we should trade up for Milliner, but it's a pointless argument saying "he's not Revis." Only Revis is Revis. Who knows though? Milliner could be a top 5 corner a few years from now too.

18. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Vaccaro would be the first safety that clocks on the wrong side of 4.6 taken in the 1st round in at least 2 decades.

19. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I love it whenever someone starts a thread suggesting Vaccaro as a good option at 12, because I show up in absolute amazement, and then Slimm drops fact that makes it seem even more absurd. Kenny Vaccaro at 12 could have its own show.

20. hoops

hoops exited stage left

well get ready for it...cause vaccaros going in round 1...and probably in the top 20

21. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Absolutely. By the way, I'd never insinuate that a safety with 4.6 speed can't play in the NFL. I can give many that were the best the ever played that all had speed in the 4.6 range. The point is simply that they don't go in the 1st round.

I'd take Eric Reid and Shamarko Thomas over Vaccaro. I think Vaccaro's ideal slot is at the top of the 2nd round in the 33-43 range where safeties like him typically go.

I believe Reid could go at #18 to Dallas or #32 to Baltimore.

22. hoops

hoops exited stage left

vaccaros not getting by st louis at #22...

23. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

Millner, especially if you want to cover TEs. Go watch the national championship game. Millner was 1 on 1 vs Eifert (you know that guy everyone here wants to take at #12) for most of the game and for the most part shut him down.

BUT, I do not want to trade up for him, so if its a choice of Vacarro or Millner at #12, its a no brainer you take Millner. If its between trading up for Millner or staying put for Vacarro, Ill take Vacarro.