Kevin Kolb Fins #1 Priority, Dolphins Interested in Kevin Kolb | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kevin Kolb Fins #1 Priority, Dolphins Interested in Kevin Kolb

Kolb isn't slow at all. Have you watched him play? He is an entirely different QB athletically from Henne. There are reasons not to want Kolb, but don't make **** up.

I'm not making anything up. I looked up his forty time before I wrote that. The high 4.8's. You don't get sacked 15 times five games by being quick and elusive. Kolb is not an athletic QB.

I don't get the requirement of a 1st round pick for Kolb. He was a 2nd round pick, and he's done absolutely nothing to warrant a 1st. What gives? If we deal the 15th pick for him I will be furious and so should the rest of you.

If you can tell me that Henne will no longer be our starting QB next year, I don't give a **** who it is, I'll be happy.

The Eagles interior of the line might have been worse than ours. Kolb is regarded as a very intlligent player from what I heard and on Colin Cowherd yesterday he said his NFL sources told him he is Aaron Rogers from 3yrs ago.

Not that I have ever really seen him play (not many have) and not that I really believe this rumour but if they give up the #15 pick for Kevin Kolb I just might have to hang-up my jersey.

A #2, which we don't have, maybe.

The only way I do this is a swap of 1st's and maybe a player.....

1(15) and P.Merling for 1(23) and K.Kolb

He hasn't done anything. That's a plus in my book. We know what Vince Young is. Kevin Kolb hasn't played enough to prove anything. Maybe he's not a West Coast Offense QB. Maybe that's why he has struggled with the little bit of playing time he has received. McNabb and Vick are very similar players. Andy Reid has embraced that kind of QB for a while now.

I'm not saying Kevin Kolb is the saviour, but how can people say that Vince Young is better than what we have and then snub their nose at Kevin Kolb.

I don't think McNabb and Vick are similar players, but both fit as WCO passers in different ways.

I see similarities among Kevin Kolb and Chad Henne, as both have rifle arm but lack of desired mobility. But I would stay with Henne, as he's on our roster and has more NFL started games. Kolb is a result of the system as placing him out of the WCO will downgrade his passing options.

Vince Young has maturity problems and his best games were on spread formations. An spread offense passer is risking his carer on each play and NFL teams use pro-style trying to protect their investments. So Vince might serve but would require a lot of work, specially with his mind. I see that as risky and unlikely.

I would really be angry if this FO gives up anything for Kolb...he has proven nothing and has even looked as bad as Henne at times, with a lot better offense to work with.

Trading for someone else's trash again.

Eagles going to hoodwink us again. I bet Andy Reid is specifically targeting Miami, like hey we got these saps before why not try again?

I'm not making anything up. I looked up his forty time before I wrote that. The high 4.8's. You don't get sacked 15 times five games by being quick and elusive. Kolb is not an athletic QB.

Some of the most sacked quarterbacks in the game are athletic. As a matter of fact, athletic quarterbacks that are able to buy time with their feet often get sacked more than pocket passers (like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or Matt Ryan etc.).

Few, if any, quarterbacks get sacked more than the two that are in the SB. And they're pretty athletic.....

I don't think McNabb and Vick are similar players, but both fit as WCO passers in different ways.

I see similarities among Kevin Kolb and Chad Henne, as both have rifle arm but lack of desired mobility. But I would stay with Henne, as he's on our roster and has more NFL started games. Kolb is a result of the system as placing him out of the WCO will downgrade his passing options.

Vince Young has maturity problems and his best games were on spread formations. An spread offense passer is risking his carer on each play and NFL teams use pro-style trying to protect their investments. So Vince might serve but would require a lot of work, specially with his mind. I see that as risky and unlikely.

McNabb and Vick are the same player in the sense that they both collapse under pressure and take off running. But we've seen both players mature and develop their passing games. But the similarities are there.

Kolb and Henne...the similarities are there as well and I'd almost agree to stick with Henne. However, I wouldn't be too upset if we acquired Kolb. I'm not sure he's a system QB. I think too many of us buy into this system QB stuff.

Vince Young...dead on.

I haven't seen enough of Kolb to judge either way, but I don't think you can judge a player with that kind of sample size and come away with a true representation of who that player is. Matt Schaub's numbers when with the Falcons were somewhat similar to Kolb's, and Schaub turned out fine with the Texans.

Back
Top Bottom