Kevin Kolb Fins #1 Priority, Dolphins Interested in Kevin Kolb | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kevin Kolb Fins #1 Priority, Dolphins Interested in Kevin Kolb

We can't trade for him anyway until the collective bargaining agreement is settled which most people are reporting won't happen until after the draft. If we still want him after the draft we will have to offer future draft picks or players for him.

i dont see how you can compare getting Kolb for a 1st rounder (and more) to getting VY for free.

i do NOT want VY here, but id much rather have him for free than sending a 1st & 2nd (for example) to Philly

Exactly.

Lame duck regimes like this one shouldn't even be allowed to trade away draft picks.... especially for more of other team's backups, scrubs, and castoffs.

That's why the Miami Dolphins just keep repeating the same disaster over and over again. It's not like the Dolphins fanbase hasn't already seen these incompetent, lame duck regimes mortgaging the future by trading away draft picks in an attempt to save their jobs.

There's a reason why all these morons almost got fired in the first place... they can't evaluate the QB position at all. That's why Miami is in this mess to begin with.

The last thing these idiots need to be doing is pissing away draft picks in order to get some scrub in here who "might" be just good enough to keep them hanging around another year...

Anytime you have a lame duck regime looking to trade away draft picks out of desperation because they don't have a clue what to do at the most important position, it's already a failed regime.

I'm going to laugh my a** off if these morons start trading away draft picks for scrub quarterbacks.

vince young is not awful...he's not a franchise qb but i can assure you he gives dcs nightmares in preparation...dual threat but not a pure passer by any means...needs a strong running game to mask his weaknesses in reading coverage and having a pretty average by nfl term arm

hell...he's taken us to the woodshed before i know that

Geez, not again with the Eagles. Philly is a good organization and it would make no sense for them to trade Kolb if he were any good. He is younger and already under contract, if he were first round worthy material then they should keep him and trade Vick. Vick is not under contract and they would be able to get a 1st rounder for him easily, so it makes no sense trading Kolb if they think he can be their guy. They know he is limited so they are trying to sucker some organization into giving up more than he is worth. If the FO does not see this for what it is then they truly need to fired.

I see your point and agree to an extent, but how would the Eagles be able to trade Vick being that he is not under contract next year? The Eagles are in a bit of a bind because w/Vick's contract expiring, they have to re-sign/tag him and make a rather large investment, or move on and get nothing for him. Given his play this year, the decision is a rather easy one to make. If they keep him, moving Kolb is also a rather easy, logical decision to make, and if they're going to move Kolb, the time to do so would be this offseason.

Exactly.

Lame duck regimes like this one shouldn't even be allowed to trade away draft picks.... especially for more of other team's backups, scrubs, and castoffs.

That's why the Miami Dolphins just keep repeating the same disaster over and over again. It's not like the Dolphins fanbase hasn't already seen these incompetent, lame duck regimes mortgaging the future by trading away draft picks in an attempt to save their jobs.

There's a reason why all these morons almost got fired in the first place... they can't evaluate the QB position at all. That's why Miami is in this mess to begin with.

The last thing these idiots need to be doing is pissing away draft picks in order to get some scrub in here who "might" be just good enough to keep them hanging around another year...

Anytime you have a lame duck regime looking to trade away draft picks out of desperation because they don't have a clue what to do at the most important position, it's already a failed regime.

I'm going to laugh my a** off if these morons start trading away draft picks for scrub quarterbacks.

Exactly, Wanny did it, Saban did it and Cam Cameron did it.

Exactly.

The problem with the QB position isn't the evaluation, you can evaluate until you are blue in the face and still have a 50/50 shot at being right or wrong. Just ask Mike Holmgren, he has been looking for 13 years for his next QB.

The problem with the QB position is when you hit gold you are a savior and glorified but when you find any other metal other then gold you are a piss poor judge of talent and worthy of twice as much public scrutiny.

Time to go check out the Eagles message board. Lets see what the fans say about him. I haven't watched enough games by them to really see if he's worth the trade.

i dont see how you can compare getting Kolb for a 1st rounder (and more) to getting VY for free. i do NOT want VY here, but id much rather have him for free than sending a 1st & 2nd (for example) to Philly

BINGO!!! People have to start factoring in pick compensation when evaluating these veteran QBs.

I don't want VY either but VY as a FA (or late round pick compensation) > Kolb + a 1st.

Same goes for Orton vs. McNabb as another example.

McNabb as a FA > Orton + a 2nd.

And frankly, Henne already under a modest contract > most of the veteran QB options out there since almost all of them (even VY, McNabb and of course Kolb and Orton) would require us to give up draft picks.

I know completely diffrent situations and teams, etc etc etc, but did San Fran fans complain this much when they got Steve Young? His numbers were horrible too, and he ended up working out pretty well.

People on this board just want to draft some magic QB that isnt there. Yes, one of the QB's in this draft could work out, but if we pick Ponder, or Yates people are just going to complain next year if they suck it up. Then the same bogus stuff is said "Wasted a draft pick on a bust"

No way in hell is Kolb worth a first, he was a second round pick who has done nothing to prove himself yet. But if we are trading a 3rd round pick for him that can become a 2nd, then we are getting into the area he is worth in my opinion. I wouldnt even offer a 2nd straight up, and im not sure anyone else will either.

Well, I hope we are ready to give up a 1st and another high pick b/c that's what its going to take. My guess (assuming a new CBA is done by the draft) is we trade down to the 20's pick up a 2nd and move our late 1st and 3rd rounder for Kolb. I would be very disappointed if this happens. I live in Philly and while the people on here who say he is another version of Chad Henne are dead wrong, I still don't believe Kolb will be a valuable starting QB in this league. The guy has elusiveness, can get outside the pocket, and actually run for a 1st down or two, but coming from a WCO and a very system driven offense, I would be very nervous.

In the end, I don't believe the Eagles will trade Kolb. I think they will be asking for at least a 1st and 3rd and unless Ireland takes the bait, no other team would give up that much for him.

The problem with the QB position isn't the evaluation, you can evaluate until you are blue in the face and still have a 50/50 shot at being right or wrong. Just ask Mike Holmgren, he has been looking for 13 years for his next QB.

The problem with the QB position is when you hit gold you are a savior and glorified but when you find any other metal other then gold you are a piss poor judge of talent and worthy of twice as much public scrutiny.

That's a great point.... although you can't expect to find gold at the position when you're bargain shopping.

I don't think they were ever looking for gold in the first place.

Mike Holmgren at the very least, knows how to take copper and turn it into silver.

Time is running out on this regime... all the iron in their blood has turned to lead in their a$$..

Time to go check out the Eagles message board. Lets see what the fans say about him. I haven't watched enough games by them to really see if he's worth the trade.

good luck...what's he got 2 starts as a pro...not much of a sample size...however if its anything like here...the truth probably lies not with the consensus

I know completely diffrent situations and teams, etc etc etc, but did San Fran fans complain this much when they got Steve Young? His numbers were horrible too, and he ended up working out pretty well.

People on this board just want to draft some magic QB that isnt there. Yes, one of the QB's in this draft could work out, but if we pick Ponder, or Yates people are just going to complain next year if they suck it up. Then the same bogus stuff is said "Wasted a draft pick on a bust"

No way in hell is Kolb worth a first, he was a first round pick who has done nothing to prove himself yet. But if we are trading a 3rd round pick for him that can become a 2nd, then we are getting into the area he is worth in my opinion. I wouldnt even offer a 2nd straight up, and im not sure anyone else will either.

Actually he was a second round pick.

Back
Top Bottom