Keys to winning? Your thoughts on our teams winning formula? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keys to winning? Your thoughts on our teams winning formula?

buxster07

Active Roster
Reaction score
So we're on a little streak now and it's great to see this improvement game to game. But I couldn't help but notice another game passed and on the stat sheet, it looks crazy.

The other team, for the 3rd week in a row, out gains us in passing yards, rushing yards, turnovers, and time of possession- yet we win.

What have been our team's keys to winning?

To me we have what is like a Ball Control Offense. We have a nice balance of running and throwing which makes it tough on defenses to slow us down, and once we go on defense we force a lot of three and outs. I don't think we have to get flashy or blow teams out....keep it close, force the other team to make mistakes, and then capitalize on it. We could easily be 6-1 if not for a couple FG misses. Time to focus on Indy.

Actually, I think we've won the turnover battle in the last three games. Winning the turnover battle has definitely help our team win games.

A lot of the Jests yards came in "garbage time" when our defense was playing a bit soft and only rushing 3-4 guys.

Protect the ball, keep the other team out of the end zone, and play solid on special teams. Simplest formula to success.

Back
Top Bottom