Kim Bokamper: David Garrard could be done with the Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinAtic8480, Aug 13, 2012.

1. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Kim Bokamper on Sports Wrap said QB David Garrard could very well be done with the #Dolphins & said he is in very tenuous situation.Bokamper pointed out Garrard's injuries, contract & that by the time he returns a starting QB will be named & preseason will likely be over.

2. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

In b4 WV sheds his knowledge on us....

:lol:

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Hung out and talked a lot of football with Bokamper Friday night for a few hours. He was never blown away by David Garrard anyway, never saw any wow plays in practice. I did make it a point to remind him that if you watch his 2010 tape, particularly Giants and Cowboys games, he made some impressive wow plays, especially with his feet...so perhaps we wouldn't see that kind of wow factor until real game situations.

Bo is kind of running with the angle that the league has never been more kind to rookie QBs, and that even aside from that Ryan Tannehill is essentially not a rookie, and that if you were to make yourself forget he was a rookie and just look at him in practice next to Moore and Garrard, you'd start him. Was an interesting point. Not sure I fully agree but interesting.

4. WVDolphan

WVDolphan Banned Hammered

Shocker.

5. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

He also said that everything Moore did for us last year was great, but he doesn't feel like he can get us to the playoffs & made sure to say Tannehill has looked real good in camp & friday it showed. Said Tannehill should start.

On a side note, Bokamper is a real nice dude. I remember the year we drafted Pat White after Fins practice I went to his restaurant & he started talking to me & my wife about camp, he hated the White pick, lol. He even gave us an appetizer & two drinks for free, just a real nice guy that you can talk football with.

6. 72champagne

72champagne the annual ritual

i'd rather go with tannehill and wallace than garrard and johnson anyway. it's the way of the future. the way of the future. the way of the future...

7. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

The way of the future, ftw!

8. electrolyte

electrolyte Banned Hammered

TANNEHILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes.

9. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Hope Steinbach is cut while they are at it, the guy looks old & like he has lost a step. I know he was a year out of football, but he had two weeks & 1 preseason game to make an impact. So far he has not even challenged Hicks at RG nor is he going to. After the one day the Dolphins tried him at RG they reverted him back LG, cause of how uncomfortable he looked at RG. Right now the locks as your backup OL are Murtha (plays LT & RT) & Samuda (plays C, LG & RG). I'd like to say Garner as well, but he is banged up & admitted to Omar Kelly today that he had to tough out his injury cause he was on the hot seat & could not afford time off.

10. WVDolphan

Id be careful mentioning such a thing in a thread about David Garrard. Do you see the irony?

Whatever you do dont post it in that pro David Garrard thread where apparently were all supposed to stick up for him because he cant help he is injured and he really is trying his best ya know. And we should just let him stay on the 53 man roster when the season starts because you know.... we need David Garrard.

11. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

A0IDctoCYAEJFbG.jpg

This pic was taken today by a fan at Fins camp, I don't know about injuries but by the looks of it Garrard might need some rehabilitation & who know how long that will take.

12. WVDolphan

Looks like the people standing around him are laughing at him. Maybe he made a crack about how hard it is to wakeboard on crutches.

13. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

That is not a purse it is a satchel Indian Jones wears one!

14. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

wouldnt surprise me one bit, and im thinking it will happen

15. ckparrothead

It's normal. From what I gather he just had loose bodies removed from the knee which is the exact same surgery Trent Richardson just had and they expect him to be fully available once the season starts. Recovery is only a few weeks. I think he serves as Tannehill's backup.

16. tiguere

tiguere Active Member

:lol2: echo in the room???

17. kyboski

kyboski Active Member

Who's Indian Jones? Is that Indiana's brother from a Hindu mother?

18. nerfball

nerfball A True Fan

Yeah, I have to agree with the thought that Garrard is probably not going to make it back in the race for the starting slot. It is Tannehill's to loose now! Wow. What a difference a week makes. Hang in there folks, there's a few more weeks of camp left, teams are going to start making cuts soon and you never know who's out there for the taking. Garrard going down and CJ being cut are just opportunity chances for a surprise to happen.

19. Zounds

Zounds A True Fan Donator

I thought Garrard would be cut before this injury, and getting elective surgery during the 2nd week of camp just seals the deal. We can't release him while he is out, but I think they cut him when he returns.

20. Portland

Portland Member

Roll with Tanny, MM and Devlin. DG does not excite me in the least.

21. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

Garrard used to be a solid NFL pro QB. He is a shadow of his former self. My concern is his back issues and the pace of the hurry up gradually wearing him out..let alone him sustaining an injury. I do not think he would last more than 4 games.

Now..since he is already injured, the Garrard plan "A" experiment looks over. He will likely get cut. If Tannehill can play well against the 1's in the next 3 games...he will make a case for himself as the starter.
    If Tannehill struggles somewhat, then start Moore in Houston and give Tannehill some playing time in each game.

At some point this early this year, RT will start...my prediction is that he starts in game 6 against the Rams, but Moore plays badly against Houston, he could start in game 2 against Oakland.

I have been impressed with Samuda at center. I never heard of the guy until I saw him playing. He looks like he could be a player.

With Murtha, and Garner nursing injuries, I would be scouring the waiver wire. I would not release Steinbeck until another player is signed.

22. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Not everyone wants Garrard to jump into a volcano like you :)

23. ckparrothead

Are you actually suggesting the Dolphins did not want him to get the surgery?

24. hoops

hoops exited stage left

no brainer...

25. Zounds

Zounds A True Fan Donator

Thats not what I said. I said Garrard elected to have surgery. He even said he could have played on it.

26. phinfanNY08

phinfanNY08 Starter

I never met an Indian named Jones, where is this character?

27. FinsFan74

FinsFan74 Cement Shoes Distributor

I'm just a bit confused as to how Garrard effortlessly stood up on a wakeboard behind a boat but all of a sudden is mysteriously having knee pain that required surgery

28. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

I like to look for the best in people who sign with the Miami Dolphins, because I have no control over who our team signs, but too much stuff with Garrard just doesn't add up. I think WV was right on this one.

29. iambanned

iambanned Banned Hammered

I thought Nate Garner was gonna be a good one. I remember a game against Carolina a couple years back when the Dolphins O-line was blowing the Panthers off the ball and Ricky was picking up major chunk yardage and scoring. I remember Nate Garner was in that game and doing great.

30. gofins60

gofins60 A True Fan

I was hoping that Garrard would be the veteran starting QB until they put in Tannehill. Moore is nothing but a back-up; he has only won against bad teams while in Miami. (Not that it's all his fault, the rest of the team shares some blame, too.) With Garrard possibly out of the picture, I say start Tannehill NOW!

31. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Good, Garrard doesn't deserve to be added to list of failed Miami starting QBs since Marino. Just cut him already.

32. Robby

Robby Rookie

Who will replace Garrad? Delvin?

33. mtldolphins23

mtldolphins23 Member

He can leave!

34. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

He's done here.