Kim Bokamper: David Garrard could be done with the Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kim Bokamper: David Garrard could be done with the Dolphins

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Kim Bokamper on Sports Wrap said QB David Garrard could very well be done with the #Dolphins & said he is in very tenuous situation.Bokamper pointed out Garrard's injuries, contract & that by the time he returns a starting QB will be named & preseason will likely be over.

Hung out and talked a lot of football with Bokamper Friday night for a few hours. He was never blown away by David Garrard anyway, never saw any wow plays in practice. I did make it a point to remind him that if you watch his 2010 tape, particularly Giants and Cowboys games, he made some impressive wow plays, especially with his feet...so perhaps we wouldn't see that kind of wow factor until real game situations.

Bo is kind of running with the angle that the league has never been more kind to rookie QBs, and that even aside from that Ryan Tannehill is essentially not a rookie, and that if you were to make yourself forget he was a rookie and just look at him in practice next to Moore and Garrard, you'd start him. Was an interesting point. Not sure I fully agree but interesting.

Hung out and talked a lot of football with Bokamper Friday night for a few hours. He was never blown away by David Garrard anyway, never saw any wow plays. I did make it a point to remind him that if you watch his 2010 tape, particularly Fiants and Cowvoys games, he made some impressive wow plays, especially with his feet...so perhaps we wouldn't see that kind of wow factor until real game situations.

He also said that everything Moore did for us last year was great, but he doesn't feel like he can get us to the playoffs & made sure to say Tannehill has looked real good in camp & friday it showed. Said Tannehill should start.

On a side note, Bokamper is a real nice dude. I remember the year we drafted Pat White after Fins practice I went to his restaurant & he started talking to me & my wife about camp, he hated the White pick, lol. He even gave us an appetizer & two drinks for free, just a real nice guy that you can talk football with.

i'd rather go with tannehill and wallace than garrard and johnson anyway. it's the way of the future. the way of the future. the way of the future...

Hope Steinbach is cut while they are at it, the guy looks old & like he has lost a step. I know he was a year out of football, but he had two weeks & 1 preseason game to make an impact. So far he has not even challenged Hicks at RG nor is he going to. After the one day the Dolphins tried him at RG they reverted him back LG, cause of how uncomfortable he looked at RG. Right now the locks as your backup OL are Murtha (plays LT & RT) & Samuda (plays C, LG & RG). I'd like to say Garner as well, but he is banged up & admitted to Omar Kelly today that he had to tough out his injury cause he was on the hot seat & could not afford time off.

Hope Steinbach is cut while they are at it, the guy looks old & like he has lost a step. I know he was a year out of football, but he had two weeks & 1 preseason game to make an impact. So far he has not even challenged Hicks at RG nor is he going to. After the one day the Dolphins tried him at RG they reverted him back LG, cause of how uncomfortable he looked at RG. Right now the locks as your backup OL are Murtha (plays LT & RT) & Samuda (plays C, LG & RG). I'd like to say Garner as well, but he is banged up & admitted to Omar Kelly today that he had to tough out his injury cause he was on the hot seat & could not afford time off.

Id be careful mentioning such a thing in a thread about David Garrard. Do you see the irony?

Whatever you do dont post it in that pro David Garrard thread where apparently were all supposed to stick up for him because he cant help he is injured and he really is trying his best ya know. And we should just let him stay on the 53 man roster when the season starts because you know.... we need David Garrard.

A0IDctoCYAEJFbG.jpg

This pic was taken today by a fan at Fins camp, I don't know about injuries but by the looks of it Garrard might need some rehabilitation & who know how long that will take.

View attachment 8951

This pic was taken today by a fan at Fins camp, I don't know about injuries but by the looks of it Garrard might need some rehabilitation & who know how long that will take.

Looks like the people standing around him are laughing at him. Maybe he made a crack about how hard it is to wakeboard on crutches.

That is not a purse it is a satchel Indian Jones wears one!

wouldnt surprise me one bit, and im thinking it will happen

View attachment 8951

It's normal. From what I gather he just had loose bodies removed from the knee which is the exact same surgery Trent Richardson just had and they expect him to be fully available once the season starts. Recovery is only a few weeks. I think he serves as Tannehill's backup.

Back
Top Bottom