Kind of reminds me of the Doug Flutie/Johnson fiasco | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kind of reminds me of the Doug Flutie/Johnson fiasco

sugar_ray

Active Roster
Reaction score
Not that I can stomache the bills, but this phins season kind of reminds me of the Doug Flutie/Rob Johnson Fiasco!! 1998 & 1999

98 Bills off to an 0-3 start. Insert back up Flutie who rescues season by finishing 10-6 only to lose to the phins in round 1 (thank god).

99 again, back up Flutie making league minimum leads Bills to playoffs as his record was 10-5. Yet brain dead Phillips decides to bench the guy that got them there (Flutie) only to lose the music city miracle come playoff day. Rest is history!!

Guess my point is, “the higher paid guy (cutler) may NOT always be the correct choice”

Don’t get me wrong I’m a Moore supporter and life long Dolphins fan. I probably was the first one to write any playoff spot off the second they announced Ryan’s done for the year. But now that we’re 4-2 because the planets are out of Wack, hope does exist.

No rule by law states, “if healthy the higher paid employee shall be the ONLY one to work?” Moore outperformed the higher price talent, all be it for a short half. Praying for him to continue to be solid. Never expect him to take us to the promise land but Moore has always been a good “hold the fort” guy

Gotta admit. This season has been a gong show!! But.......a very fun and entertaining gong show!

Can’t wait to see the final episodes

This season feels like a script to a really bad reality show. the struggling star that everyone loves to hate gives way to the rough, rugged journeyman loner-type.

nothing has happened yet. Moore came in for one game in relief. Let the situation play for itself. Everyone is assuming Moore will light it up.

ive got a feeling Moore is going to lead an ass whoopin of the ravens on thursday night and this could be the launching point in our season.

We're assuming Moore won't be historically bad like Cutler.
then we should let it play out. Despite reports of Cutler coming back no matter what, the offense has been anemic. If this is a qb issue, then Moore should have no problem. I just hope the defense stays the same so we can compare apples to apples

Why do people keep assuming Gase wants Cutler to start because he has a higher salary? Do you really believe that’s what drives his agenda? That it’s how he’s built a winning never give up culture? Are you paying attention at all?

God wasn't it great when Armstrong lit Flutie up to end the game.... I agree w Tannchise, lets this play itself out. need a few more games to compare.....

We're assuming Moore won't be historically bad like Cutler.

Cutler was actually solid, and almost even good, in the last 4 quarters that he played before injury.

I'm not advocating that he return to the starting lineup, I am just saying: The offense was clearly trending up BEFORE Cutler got hurt.

nothing has happened yet. Moore came in for one game in relief. Let the situation play for itself. Everyone is assuming Moore will light it up.

Actually he will, or at least do a bit more then enough for two weeks, then we will see a different Moore.

Moore is a great backup, because he can come in for a few games and help you continue producing, but is not a very good starter, because after two games, his game does tend to start declining.

Then again, other then that final season he played with Carolina where he started most of the season (Did not look too good), we really have not seen what he can do for an entire season, so let us hope.

Why do people keep assuming Gase wants Cutler to start because he has a higher salary? Do you really believe that’s what drives his agenda? That it’s how he’s built a winning never give up culture? Are you paying attention at all?
Absolutely.... See Maxwell cut.

I really like Moore but we have seen enough of him to know he has limitations. I hope he has grown but criticism of Gase who is working on development of higher potential using an unlikeable Cutler is short sighted IMO.

I'm with Moore but the idea that Gase loves Cutler so much that he is giving up winning is silly when you look at the body of his work here.

Back
Top Bottom