Kiper has phins taking Cordarrelle Patterson in his first mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper has phins taking Cordarrelle Patterson in his first mock draft

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
No. 12: Miami Dolphins

Kiper’s pick: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

Analysis: It’s hard to gauge who is the best receiver in this draft and whether that player will be worth a top-12 pick. However, Kiper pegs Patterson as the first receiver off the board going to the Dolphins. It’s early and player stocks change. But as of right now, I’m not convinced Patterson, Keenan Allen or any receiver in this year’s draft should go in the first dozen picks. This feels a bit like a reach. However, Miami needs receivers to help develop rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

espn.com

I like the pick. He is my first target if a receiver is not snagged in FA. If we do, I want Ansah.

on't like it. I would not go WR at 12, but if I did I would take Keenan Allen. If they sign a WR (Jennings?) in FA I servely doubt they take a WR at 12 and take 1 (Hopkins,Bailey,Woods) or maybe 2 in the 2nd.

kids awfully leggy but those cuts and cod in the open field and ability to stop on a dime tell me he's got very good hips...i wouldn't hate this the more i've looked at the kid...if it's a wr with the top pick it's probably become for me either him or allen...

does that kid play to his size though??? i see a lot of finesse there and not much physical go up and high point the ball guy...physically i think allens a better prospect...

one things for sure if i got to choose b/t ansah or dion jordan and patterson or allen give me the wr all day long...

Patterson is the most raw WR in the draft. I think he's worth a 2nd round pick. He's the not the best WR in the draft. Keenan Allen is the safest WR to take in this draft and neither is worth a top 15 pick. Maybe top 20.

Seems a bit of a reach though maybe his stock will rise after the combine. If we get our free agent its tough to see us go WR in round one

Trade Back, either him or Allen might be there in the early 20´s...and, guess what, with the other pick, you we another good looking WR project in the 2nd round!! (Hunter, Hopkins, Woods, or Austin)

He appears to have similar experience and college productivity as Stephen Hill. I'd rather get the best pass rusher at #12 or trade back into the late 20's and draft Eddie Lacey, or OL, etc. depending upon whether Bush or Long is re-signed. I hate to say it but I agree with Armando's column--get the WR in free agency.

Free agency obviously dictates who the Dolphins draft with their first rd pick. These mock drafts will need an asterisk next to them until just before the actual draft occurs since the Dolphins can easily address the WR issue they have in FA.

For all the people thinking he's a reach at 12, just know that he won't drop past 17. After the combine and his 40 he will be a for sure top 15 pick.

I can't see our FO taking a WR at 12, even if we don't get one in free agency. I can see us droping back and taking one in the 20's tho.

Ozzy rules!!

I would love that pick. I bet after the combine, Patterson could be considered a top 10 pick. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom