Kiper says we should have taken Ryan. This guy is crazy!(video) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper says we should have taken Ryan. This guy is crazy!(video)

His man-crush for Matt gets the best of him all the time, I'm just suprised he is still talking about it. (Jake Long was a pro-bowler)

Matt Ryan would have been out for the year since his blind side wasn't being protected nearly as well as Jake Long could have protected it..

His man-crush for Matt gets the best of him all the time, I'm just suprised he is still talking about it. (Jake Long was a pro-bowler)
I know. Kiper is crazy. He usually has good insight, but this mancrush on Stafford is dumb. I go to UGA and watched Stafford last season. He was terrible most of the time. He would have huge games against crappy teams, and that was it. He has the attitude of a Ryan Leaf instead of a Big Ben or a Peyton Manning.

I don't care what anyone says, I love Kiper.

So what, his opinion we should have taken Ryan? It's not like he looked like a bust his first year. Henne hasn't played a down yet, so in reality, if he is a bust then he is right about us not taking Ryan.

I myself would rather have Long and Henne too, but that's with my thought that Henne is our Qb of the future.

definitely

I know. Kiper is crazy. He usually has good insight, but this mancrush on Stafford is dumb. I go to UGA and watched Stafford last season. He was terrible most of the time. He would have huge games against crappy teams, and that was it. He has the attitude of a Ryan Leaf instead of a Big Ben or a Peyton Manning.
Yeah man I think Stafford excelled due to the excess talent around him, if he is picked early in the draft that isn't gonna be there. He is decent, but I think Detroit needs to build the lines etc before filling such a big position such as QB.

I should have known!!!

No good can EVER come out of a thread that starts with "Kiper Says....."

what's wrong with Kiper? that's easy...the guy thinks he know everything.....he think HE should be in charge of the draft for EVERY team in the NFL and if the teams do what he says then every team would win the superbowl.

Ozzy rules!!

Well until any of us get paid to voice our opinion on the matter I think kiper stays ok with me ....Its HIS JOB people relax

Well until any of us get paid to voice our opinion on the matter I think kiper stays ok with me ....Its HIS JOB people relax

I think all of us understand that's it's his job, but he doesn't have to carry himself like an arrogant, and pompous gasbag all the time. I'm glad Mel started this whole "draft craze", but I'm so GLAD that Mike Mayock is around to offer an alternative to Lord Hair Spray.

Fact of the matter is that both players (Long and Ryan) have bright futures in the NFL. Long was clearly the safer pick and the Phins were in a position where they couldn't afford to screw up.
Ryan had a very good rookie year, but frankly I think his accomplishments were overblown. He doesn't look physically dominant like Marino did when he took over, yet I heard some pundits comparing them. Implying that Ryan has that same potential.
Ryan had a good running game protecting him. Marino took over when the Phins offense was anemic and he just put the entire offense on his shoulder and won games single handedly. Marino forced defenses to change the way they defended the pass.

Kiper is a tool and f's up more often than he is right. Ive seen 15 year old kids in the draft forum predict better.

It doesn't mean we made a mistake taking Long over Ryan. But taking Ryan would have been better because you get a franchise QB. I hear they don't grow on trees so if you can get one then you bet your *** you choose him. I'm not upset with our pick though. Last years draft is the best draft we have had in YEARS! I'm surprised at the fact that last year we didn't even seem like we were considering him as a choice. That is a bit puzzling. Maybe the FO just didn't think there was much separation between Ryan, Flacco, and Henne. With their track record I give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they are right!! :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom