Kiper suggests Phins interested in AJ McCarron | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper suggests Phins interested in AJ McCarron

Matt Ryan won AP OROY and accomplished 11-5 and 9-7 in first 2 seasons, and went to playoffs. Where do posters get off comparing Tannehill to Matt Ryan?

Yeah, being critical of criticism about The Heimlich Maneuver Kid with 1 postseason or championship win out of 6 (5 with the same elite cast of characters he had no trouble putting up in-season numbers with before shooting blanks when it counted most) from someone who wants a crapologist as the team's GM resonates about as much as Antonio Cromartie advocating for planned parenthood. :lol:

zj6jap-1.jpg

[video=youtube;AHfESfUbyjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHfESfUbyjU[/video]

Matt Ryan won AP OROY and accomplished 11-5 and 9-7 in first 2 seasons, and went to playoffs. Where do posters get off comparing Tannehill to Matt Ryan?

he used the words "clutch" and "big games"- not really Melty's forte...

And how would the Dolphins be interested in a draft prospect when the Dolphins don't even currently have a GM in place??

LOLBS

Don't get into pesky details Skapephin. We still have an Assistant GM, Gaine, who may have checked out McCarron last year. Mel Kiper Jr doing his bit to promote certain players. Remember when Mel was fully committed to Jimmy Clausen as a future franchise QB?

Don't get into pesky details Skapephin. We still have an Assistant GM, Gaine, who may have checked out McCarron last year. Mel Kiper Jr doing his bit to promote certain players. Remember when Mel was fully committed to Jimmy Clausen as a future franchise QB?

Or when he went ballistic when we passed on the iconic Brady Quinn?

Well of course I am. I like QBs who win big games and are clutch. But, this was a Kiper quote, not mine.

If you like QBs like that then why do you like McCarron? Because he he's none of those. Unless you consider winning big games and clutch being not fumbling the hand off to the RB then yeah he's clutch.

I'm guessing McCarron's agent is one of Kiper's buddies. Just like Quinn's agent was his buddy that year. You fell for this one hook, line, and sinker by letting Kiper feed off of your Bama homerism.

I'd rather get Mettenberger or Murray later, or Fales, Smith, Garoppolo, yeah probably 5 dudes before McCarron. Is the NIU guy coming out too? Jordan Lynch? If so then him too. All of these cats could probably be had in the 3rd or later.

I would take AJ McCarron just so we can have Lauren Tannehill and Katherine Webb next to each other when the camera focuses on them in the crowd...but I'd take him in the 5th or 6th round. He's a career backup as it is.

I actually do think Miami may draft a QB this year. But that's because Devlin is a FA and Moore will be on next year. That said, I'm hoping it's not McCarron in the second.

no matter who the GM is he's not drafting a QB on the first 2 days of the draft. Having said that I like McCarron more than some other QB's in this draft. 1. Teddy Bridgewater 2. Derek Carr 3. Jimmy Garoppolo 4. David Fales 5. AJ McCarrron.

I have Teddy graded as Top 5, Carr 1st round, Garoppolo early 2nd round, Fales 2nd round, McCarron late 2nd- early 3rd. I really like Garoppolo and Fales. I think both are future starters that need some development time. Miami won't look for a QB till day 3 though.

We have to add another QB or two because Moore makes way too much money and Devlin sucks.

We have to add another QB or two because Moore makes way too much money and Devlin sucks.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but how does anyone know whether or not Devlin sucks or is good. Has he ever even taken a regular season snap?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

no matter who the GM is he's not drafting a QB on the first 2 days of the draft. Having said that I like McCarron more than some other QB's in this draft. 1. Teddy Bridgewater 2. Derek Carr 3. Jimmy Garoppolo 4. David Fales 5. AJ McCarrron.

No Bortles or Johnny Football?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but how does anyone know whether or not Devlin sucks or is good. Has he ever even taken a regular season snap?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Cleo Lemon Syndrome.

No Bortles or Johnny Football?

Cleo Lemon Syndrome.

If he can't earn snaps in practice...

The coaches and staff watch him every day.

Back
Top Bottom