Knee injury behind him, Tannehill 'looks great' at first day of Dolphins OTAs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Knee injury behind him, Tannehill 'looks great' at first day of Dolphins OTAs

Hopefully a smaller brace come games.

And btw, Gase and Tannehill is a match made in heaven for us guys that lived thru Cleo Lemon types at QB and Philbin types at HC.

Looks like he's wearing the same brace as tom Brady. Half way up his thigh half way down his lower leg. Not exactly the kind of brace you call read option with

It's the start of OTA's. I'm guessing the brace will get smaller once we get into game time. For now the more cautious the better, Gase even said he has been experimenting with different braces.

It's the start of OTA's. I'm guessing the brace will get smaller once we get into game time. For now the more cautious the better, Gase even said he has been experimenting with different braces.

so you don't think he's already figured out which brace he likes best and which one he wants to play with? maybe. I would think they would get him as many reps with his game brace as possible especially if it's not about stability of the knee anymore. anyways regardless of what he wears and I think he should wear something similar to what he has on now I wouldn't be exposing him to much read option qb keep stuff this year in the first place...not by play call or design...boot legs roll outs move the pocket yep that's still all on the table but any zone read should be direct hand off stuff regardless of what the edge defender is doing post snap and likely the defense is gonna play it that way if we line up in it which will make it even less effective. I don't want to with a post snap read expose tannehill to any more contact than I need to as a ball carrier in the zone read.

and every qb should wear a lead leg brace frankly. too much opportunity for a planted lead leg to get rolled up on. tanny should wear it the rest of his career.

so you don't think he's already figured out which brace he likes best and which one he wants to play with? maybe. I would think they would get him as many reps with his game brace as possible especially if it's not about stability of the knee anymore. anyways regardless of what he wears and I think he should wear something similar to what he has on now I wouldn't be exposing him to much read option qb keep stuff this year in the first place...not by play call or design...boot legs roll outs move the pocket yep that's still all on the table but any zone read should be direct hand off stuff regardless of what the edge defender is doing post snap and likely the defense is gonna play it that way if we line up in it which will make it even less effective. I don't want to with a post snap read expose tannehill to any more contact than I need to as a ball carrier in the zone read.

and every qb should wear a lead leg brace frankly. too much opportunity for a planted lead leg to get rolled up on. tanny should wear it the rest of his career.

Not sure but it seems he may switch it up now that he is progressing towards more active play. Going through the motions closer to game speed which they haven't really done yet at OTA's.

This is my biggest worry of the season. Especially after what we saw happen to Robert Griffin, even thought they rushed him back.

Not sure but it seems he may switch it up now that he is progressing towards more active play. Going through the motions closer to game speed which they haven't really done yet at OTA's.

This is my biggest worry of the season. Especially after what we saw happen to Robert Griffin, even thought they rushed him back.

well griffens game was all about his legs he couldn't play the pocket progression read game...never could....and so when he scraped the explosion and burst athlete as a zone read and pistol qb he was toast...I tried to warn people about that during his rookie season when he was being inducted into canton...your game is run to contact and you can't play in the traditional pocket and make pocket reads and you don't have tight end type size to offset the pounding you take you are toast

tannehill can play with anyone in terms of pre to post snap reads and pocket based qb play...he checks all those boxes off. if he gets hurt again you and I both know the rest of the season is window dressing. cause the backup qb can't make non motion based correct coverage ids if his life depended on it

tanny deserves a better fate too...it's time for the football gods to do us a solid...they finally gave us a competent game manager play caller and different formation innovator head coach to pair with his talents...100 plus qbrs should be the norm going forward

This is good to hear....

Tannehill is smart and was and still intends to be an orthopedic surgeon...premed and all. I would think that beside seeing a number of experts including THE authority on his injury that the right decision was made.

Back
Top Bottom