Koa Misi doesn't want move to ILB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Koa Misi doesn't want move to ILB

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins plan to move Koa Misi to inside linebacker might be quashed by Misi himself, a team source tells the Palm Beach Post.

The team had planned to move Misi to the middle and then move to Dannell Ellerbe from inside to weakside linebacker and Philip Wheeler from weakside to strongside.

But the source says Misi is not on board with the plan. Despite having a strong year as the team’s strongside linebacker, Misi told coaches he was concerned about the added responsibilities and mental aspect of playing inside.

“It’s too much for him,” the source said.

While the source gave no insight into Miami’s draft plans, if the Dolphins are not confident with Ellerbe in the middle, that could make it more likely they draft an inside linebacker like Alabama’s C.J. Mosley, or possibly look for a linebacker like Wisconisn’s Chris Borland later in the draft.

Or maybe the team will convince Misi to move to the middle. But as of right now, it doesn’t sound like that’s happening.
- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...snt-want-to-move-inside/#sthash.2UmpQQNn.dpuf

IF thats the case then at least he is being honest. If he doesnt think he can handle it...then dont move him there. He probably doesnt want to move because he actually found a position where he is a solid starter...hard to blame the guy.

Ive never heard of a player that went to the coach and said they cant handle the mental aspect of playing a position. Very odd imo.

I think Andrew Abramson reports every item he hears even if it comes from the maintenance man. I don't trust him especially at this time of year. I have a feeling his youth and inexperience makes him the perfect target for the team wanting to get some misinformation out there before the draft.

I've never heard of a player that went to the coach and said they cant handle the mental aspect of playing a position. Very odd imo.
I agree. But more troubling is the fact that they are planning to move Wheeler. We should be trying to replace him, not move him.

Ive never heard of a player that went to the coach and said they cant handle the mental aspect of playing a position. Very odd imo.

The MLB is normally responsible for all of the lineman as well as linebacker responsibilities as far as pre snap recognition. It's definitely not the easiest job and if there is a misdiagnosis it could be detrimental to the entire defense. Hard to fault a guy who doesn't think he can learn/diagnose the keys and set the defense up properly. I'd rather have that than someone who says he can do the job but continually fails because they aren't qualified/talented enough to do it. Part of being a good teammate is knowing your limitations between what you can and can't do.

This isn't rocket science. Channing Crowder did it for years. Even Chris Clemons called a lot of coverage assignments. I'd be very surprised if Misi actually told coaches he was afraid of calling out assignments, and I'd be even more surprised if the coaches just accepted that Misi is uncoachable.

He makes to much money to be telling them where he wants to play. If they moved him to kicker he should just be happy he is in the NFL.
****ing baby! If true

i absolutely call BS on this report. he may or may not want to change positions, but i'm betting him saying he can't handle the mental aspect of it never happened.

I don't get it...why move the one guy that played pretty good? I was hoping that Wheeler and Ellerbee would play better this year, now that they have a year of experience playing in Coyle's system.

Back
Top Bottom